GX - 3rd Gen (2024-present) Discussion topics related to the 2024+ GX550 models

•• 2024 GX 550 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-23, 09:52 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NMNLexus
I really like the idea of having a second row bench with the third row, but I really want some of the additional features in the Luxury+ trim. My reading of the production allocation doesn't quite jive with the Luxury+ order guide where it makes it seem like the Captain's Chairs are optional.

Three kids and captain's chairs is great for trips around town and some light road trips, but anything requiring gear and it's like Tetris back there.

Am I reading that order guide incorrectly? The sales guys at my dealership are of two minds on the subject.
Same here; would rather the 2nd row as a bench in a Luxury + trim. Maybe the allocation is just for the initial Feb run? All the option guides I’ve seen has the captains chairs as optional…
Old 11-10-23, 07:15 AM
jphcbpa
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I really like the idea of having a second row bench with the third row, but I really want some of the additional features in the Luxury+ trim. My reading of the production allocation doesn't quite jive with the Luxury+ order guide where it makes it seem like the Captain's Chairs are optional.

Three kids and captain's chairs is great for trips around town and some light road trips, but anything requiring gear and it's like Tetris back there.

Am I reading that order guide incorrectly? The sales guys at my dealership are of two minds on the subject.
I wanted a luxury + and my dealer told me they would only be getting them with captains chairs. I wanted the bench seat so that was a deal breaker for me. I opted for the overtrail +
The following 2 users liked this post by jphcbpa:
Nuggetman (11-11-23), Slprciv (11-11-23)
Old 11-11-23, 10:14 AM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jphcbpa
I wanted a luxury + and my dealer told me they would only be getting them with captains chairs. I wanted the bench seat so that was a deal breaker for me. I opted for the overtrail +
That would be a dealbreaker for me too...I would only opt for captains chairs in a vehicle with a usable third row.
The following users liked this post:
Nuggetman (11-11-23)
Old 11-12-23, 06:22 AM
NMNLexus
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

So, I saw the GX 550 yesterday at the Lexus Experience in Irvine. They had the Overtrail on display with the black and olive interior. The interior really feels and shows much better in person as does the exterior "Earth" color. It is an imposing vehicle.

The front seats are super comfortable, but the second row could be a bit snug if you're coming from a larger SUV or sedan, but the cargo area is perfect for trips. I really liked the Toyo Open Country tires.

Off the record the Lexus rep said they believe pricing is going to start in the 63-64K range for premium and go up a few thousand for the plus to the high 60's. They believe the Luxury is going to start in the low 70's , Luxury plus in the mid 70's and the Overtrail to come in the high 70's with the a fully optioned vehicle breaking the 80k barrier.

Timeline is January/February for dealer delivery, and the rep was fairly certain Toyota/Lexus were determined to meet market demand. Lexus believes the GX 550 is going to be it's second most popular seller behind the RX.

Last edited by NMNLexus; 11-12-23 at 07:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NMNLexus:
pacnwatx (11-12-23), Slprciv (11-12-23)
Old 11-12-23, 06:34 AM
free888
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

A fully loaded Overtrail+ at a little over $80k is what I was thinking. I can live with that.
Slprciv (11-12-23)
Old 11-12-23, 08:20 AM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

So, I saw the GX 550 yesterday at the Lexus Experience in Irvine. They had the Overtrail on display with the black and olive interior. The interior really feels and shows much better in person as does the exterior "Earth" color. It is an imposing vehicle.

The front seats are super comfortable, but the second row could be a bit snug if you're coming from a larger SUV or sedan, but the cargo area is perfect for trips. I really liked the Toyo Open Country tires.

Off the record the Lexus rep said they believe pricing is going to start in the 63-64K range for premium and go up a few thousand for the plus to the high 60's. They believe the Luxury is going to start in the low 70's , Luxury plus in the mid 70's and the Overtrail to come in the high 70's with the a fully optioned vehicle breaking the 80k barrier.

Timeline is January/February for dealer delivery, and the rep was fairly certain Toyota/Lexus were determined to meet market demand. Lexus believes the GX 550 is going to be it's second most popular seller behind the RX.

Thank you! Starting price sounds reasonable. I didn't expect the Overtrail trim to be higher than Luxury+ though.
Old 11-12-23, 08:21 AM
CCTX
Pit Crew

I'm thinking Prem+ or Luxury. I prefer the 3rd row and not planning on doing serious off-roading. Any thoughts on how the ride would be if I replace the stock wheels/tires with those of the Overtrail? Or any other concerns? Thanks!
Old 11-12-23, 08:34 AM
NMNLexus
10th Gear

I think you'd probably get a little less gas mileage with the Toyo tires, but I can't imagine the ride would suffer too much since they're being offered as a stock tire. You would have to trade out the 20 inch wheels for the 18's.

If you're not doing too much offroad driving, I think the Premium+/Luxury trim lines are a sweet spot, particularly if you're not too concerned with the panoramic roof.
Old 11-12-23, 08:48 AM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Thanks!

I would have preferred a regular panoramic roof but, being in Texas, I am concerned the dynamic sky roof would let in too much heat. I am reading there is a Lexus OEM sunshade for the RZ but couldn't find it online or if it is effective.
Old 11-12-23, 09:10 AM
Slprciv
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by free888
A fully loaded Overtrail+ at a little over $80k is what I was thinking. I can live with that.
Me too! Heck I was looking at a BMW X3 M Competition fully optioned out at $90k but dealer markup ($5k-8k) killed it for me.
Old 11-12-23, 09:15 AM
NMNLexus
10th Gear

Remember this is off the record and indicative pricing. I found a few of the people there less than informed about the trims and the specs. This what I learned from one person in the storefront who seemed to be clued in. I just want to be clear about the information I got while I was there. He was very reassuring about availability of the vehicle.
Slprciv (11-12-23)
Old 11-12-23, 02:35 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Slprciv
Me too! Heck I was looking at a BMW X3 M Competition fully optioned out at $90k but dealer markup ($5k-8k) killed it for me.
That's wild because on leasehackr there are plenty of brokers moving the X3 M @ 8% off msrp
Old 11-13-23, 04:02 AM
NMNLexus
10th Gear

I'm shopping 2 vehicles against the GX 550 - the LX 600 F Sport and the Land Cruiser 250 fully optioned out.

The LX would necessitate getting rid of my GLS 450 which I'm loathe to do despite really having issues with the build quality. I love the way the GLS drives, but I've had a lot of small issues pop up that drive me crazy.

MB can't seem to figure out how to make the windshield wipers work without chattering and nobody makes an aftermarket wiper that fits. The rear fold down seats have gotten stuck and I need to have the base replaced. The front driver seat shorted out when I tried to use the ventilation system. The wireless charging pad works intermittently (it's not the phone settings). The AC system has a design flaw that makes the cabin smell like mold. The vehicle is a 2021 and has 13,000 miles on it. I bought it because my Toyota dealership couldn't get me a 200 series Land Cruiser.

A fully optioned out Land Cruiser 250 seems like a good option. The rumored 27 mpg is something I can't easily dismiss. I can see myself using it as a daily driver. I work from home, so most of my driving is going to be local runs, occasional beach trips and a few desert trails. I've heard a fully optioned LC 250 is expected to come in at just under $70K excluding market adjustments which I refuse to pay.

The following 2 users liked this post by NMNLexus:
E3PO (11-16-23), Piney1 (11-13-23)
Old 11-13-23, 11:49 AM
Kaylodad
1st Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Put a deposit on the reservation list last week. Dealership generated an indicative purchase agreement, Overtrail + = $85k.
Dealer indicated they would start working the list in March. Having "ordered" a Lexus before I know you don't really order one, they just search the inventory list to find one with your specs and have it shipped and then you have 72 hours to decide. Now we just wait.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kaylodad:
NMNLexus (11-13-23), Piney1 (11-13-23), Slprciv (11-13-23)
Old 11-13-23, 03:10 PM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaylodad
Put a deposit on the reservation list last week. Dealership generated an indicative purchase agreement, Overtrail + = $85k.
Dealer indicated they would start working the list in March. Having "ordered" a Lexus before I know you don't really order one, they just search the inventory list to find one with your specs and have it shipped and then you have 72 hours to decide. Now we just wait.
Hmm, then it looks like Overtrail+ MSRP will be right around where the MSRP for '21 LC 200 was. GX550 Overtrail+ will have around 30 less HP and 78 more Pound-Feet. I think tow is about the same at around 8k each. That said, with global inflation GX is prob a bit less in 2021 dollars. I guess now Lexus has LX600 to the Range Rover, the GX to the Defender and the TX to the Discovery leaving the Toyota LC250 to compete with the Broncos etc. Not sure what the 4Runner will be - maybe that will be the shorter wheel base option in the 'lifestyle' Lexus/Toyota SUV lineup.
The following 2 users liked this post by CFAI:
E3PO (11-16-23), NMNLexus (11-13-23)

Quick Reply: •• 2024 GX 550 Discussion