GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Power Mirror Motor Write up (Picts)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 06:33 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Power Mirror Motor Write up (Picts)

Got my New mirror motor for 120 bucks, here she is. I followed these instructions
MIRROR MEMORY INACCURATE TILT - 2009.pdf

Tilt your mirror full UP and look up you will see the white/black plastic mating as they described, just put a screwdriver in there and twist it will pop right out. Takes a little force to pull on the mirror to get it to break free but simple, then tilt mirror up and pull down--she will come out. Be careful as you have two wires still hooked up. I marked one with tape and took wires off to get the mirror out of the way.

Next you will take 3 screws out and carefully swing out, you will see a grey and white connector that you will need to undo--they just pull off very easy, actually mine came off by themselves lol.

The actual connector is a Biatch to get too, You will see where it goes and I just shoved a small Flathead screwdriver into the release and took a pair of needle nose and it pulled right out. Much easier to install trust me

Hook it back up in reverse order and install your 3 screws and you are almost done, I will tell you those two flat connectors, the grey and black one make sure you firmly push those in and hear them snap in place, they do come out easy.

Here is where I did something different when installing mirror back on, the instructions say to push the mirror back on and press in two spots on mirror or you will break it, I tried it once and said nope! So I got the two upper tabs hooked on, then I tilted the mirror all the way back UP--then just put your fingers back there and you just snap the mirror back on to the motor plate mount, that is so much easier. This whole job took maybe 30 minutes.
Old 11-25-12, 08:00 PM
pedroj817
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up thanks for the info.
Old 01-16-14, 08:48 AM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
Got my New mirror motor for 120 bucks, here she is. I followed these instructions
MIRROR MEMORY INACCURATE TILT - 2009.pdf

Tilt your mirror full UP and look up you will see the white/black plastic mating as they described, just put a screwdriver in there and twist it will pop right out. Takes a little force to pull on the mirror to get it to break free but simple, then tilt mirror up and pull down--she will come out. Be careful as you have two wires still hooked up. I marked one with tape and took wires off to get the mirror out of the way.

Next you will take 3 screws out and carefully swing out, you will see a grey and white connector that you will need to undo--they just pull off very easy, actually mine came off by themselves lol.

The actual connector is a Biatch to get too, You will see where it goes and I just shoved a small Flathead screwdriver into the release and took a pair of needle nose and it pulled right out. Much easier to install trust me

Hook it back up in reverse order and install your 3 screws and you are almost done, I will tell you those two flat connectors, the grey and black one make sure you firmly push those in and hear them snap in place, they do come out easy.

Here is where I did something different when installing mirror back on, the instructions say to push the mirror back on and press in two spots on mirror or you will break it, I tried it once and said nope! So I got the two upper tabs hooked on, then I tilted the mirror all the way back UP--then just put your fingers back there and you just snap the mirror back on to the motor plate mount, that is so much easier. This whole job took maybe 30 minutes.
Fabulous write-up! Thanks very much!
Old 01-20-14, 09:35 AM
sidwin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got warranty work done on my 08. the mirror worked fine but wasn't tilting correctly when car put in reverse. i thought it was the motor. they replaced the mirror ecu.
Old 01-20-14, 10:23 AM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sidwin
i just got warranty work done on my 08. the mirror worked fine but wasn't tilting correctly when car put in reverse. i thought it was the motor. they replaced the mirror ecu.

Great pics and tutorial - many thanks! Interesting that you had to replace the ECU instead of the motor. My mirrors won't tilt down unless it's warm enough. As soon as winter cold hits, they stay up when I'm in reverse.