Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Visiting Hawaii in September...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-08, 09:26 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you staying at the J.W Marriott at Ihilani? Man, that place is great. That is my wife's client (She does PR for them). We got to stay there while she was working on a pro shoot for J.W. for free over a weekend (That is the only way we can afford to stay there as its at least $400 a night for regular rooms). We also got to see the Presidential Suites.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.
Old 08-08-08, 02:15 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Are you staying at the J.W Marriott at Ihilani? Man, that place is great. That is my wife's client (She does PR for them). We got to stay there while she was working on a pro shoot for J.W. for free over a weekend (That is the only way we can afford to stay there as its at least $400 a night for regular rooms). We also got to see the Presidential Suites.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.
Chris, next time, let me know....my wife works there in HR....she can get Friends and Family rate...not sure how much that is....rates fluctuate. Lucky for us....associates get $50 per night..depending on availability.

Pete
Old 08-08-08, 08:42 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Chris, next time, let me know....my wife works there in HR....she can get Friends and Family rate...not sure how much that is....rates fluctuate. Lucky for us....associates get $50 per night..depending on availability.

Pete
Aww gee thanks for the hook-up, bud! LOL We haven't booked anything yet but when we do it'll be at a rundown slum!! It's ok.. not much time in the telly anyway.
Old 08-08-08, 12:22 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Pete
i wish, the employee rate at the marriott in waikiki was $50... i love the bathrooms at ihilani!
Old 08-08-08, 04:01 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete
I wonder if my wife met your wife? She goes down to Ihilani a couple times a month for work.

PS. We get some sort of discount as well. Not sure how much but it ain't no $50 a night. That is why we are staying at the Marriot at Disneyland.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 08-08-08 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-08-08, 07:30 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I wonder if my wife met your wife? She goes down to Ihilani a couple times a month for work.

PS. We get some sort of discount as well. Not sure how much but it ain't no $50 a night. That is why we are staying at the Marriot at Disneyland.
Yep...we get discounts at all the Marriotts, Courtyards, FairFields, Renaissance, etc .....they are all managed by Marriott.
Old 08-11-08, 02:46 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

She really wants to do this 3 hr dolphin/snorkeling thing... anyone know if its worth it? It's $105. Or any other suggestions?

http://www.hanaumabaydivetours.com/d..._adventure.htm
Old 08-11-08, 10:26 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by T.K.O.
She really wants to do this 3 hr dolphin/snorkeling thing... anyone know if its worth it? It's $105. Or any other suggestions?

http://www.hanaumabaydivetours.com/d..._adventure.htm
I haven't heard about this one. Sounds interesting. I was wondering where they do dolphin tours around Hanauma Bay, but
Our dolphin tour does not leave from Hanauma Bay. We leave from the Waianae Boat harbor.
If she wants to do it, I'd say go for it. Swimming with dolphins in the wild is not something you get to do all the time.

If you just want to see them and swim with them in an enclosed environment, check out the Dolphin Quest at the Kahala Hotel. You think $105 for 3 hrs is high??? Wait til you see the Kahala one
Old 08-13-08, 11:44 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Ok for activities so far we have:

1. Three and a half snorkel/swim with dolphins & sea turtles.
2. Sunset dinner cruise
3. Speed Sailboat cruise
4. Shark Encounter
5. Visit some filming locations for the show LOST (we both are fans)
6. Zoo / Aquarium

I also might try skydiving
Old 08-13-08, 11:52 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont forget to add, Club Lexus Hawaii Saturday Night Starbucks *we'll do a ward the week your here since its usually the biggest turnout*
Old 08-13-08, 12:02 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Yayyerrr. I told her I was gonna stop by a meet shes like "Theres no way were spendin my birthday week in Hawaii checking out the mods to ur buddies cars" haha

I'll sneak it one day tho like "Hey babe I could really go for some Starbu... heyyy what do you know.... 20 souped up Lexs', gimmie a sec sweetie.."

hahahaha
Old 08-13-08, 12:07 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by T.K.O.
I'll sneak it one day tho like "Hey babe I could really go for some Starbu... heyyy what do you know.... 20 souped up Lexs', gimmie a sec sweetie.."

hahahaha
wow that came out very smooth, seem like your very well practiced with this 'line'
Old 08-13-08, 12:58 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the Lost locations, downtown Honolulu is a very good spot to catch a number of them all within about five square blocks.

Just about every big building downtown has been used in one way or another. They may not be obvious at first, but I think you would definitely recognize at least a few of them. Merchant street in particular has been used to death to depict various European countries.
Old 08-13-08, 02:38 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I was checking out

www.lostvirtualtour.com

Those guys are diehard dedicated to finding the filming spots.. I'm definitely gonna have to hit up a lot of those places
Old 08-13-08, 09:18 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Don't forget the shopping...lotsa stuff to pick up at REVISION AUDIO!!! They might have shot a scene of LOST around there... Ok, maybe not, but since you're there...stop by!

Quick Reply: Visiting Hawaii in September...