HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Weird issues with my car, my brakes just started working after my gps frooze

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-23, 03:10 AM
Erockzny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird issues with my car, my brakes just started working after my gps frooze

So long story short my car was hit while parked, the damage seemed like it was just body work but since I got my car back my radio buttons don't with and my mouse track pad and menu button on steeling wheel doesn't work.

So the first time I took it Dealer they said they need more time, so I drive my car for a week and then yesterday on the way home from work it felt like my brakes stopped working.

I noticed it was not charging the battery when breaking. So I thought well there is a $3000 repair with the break system.

When I got home I disconnected battery and reconnect and it was still there

So I wake up and have an appointment to drop it off at 5 am early bird so they have Friday and Saturday to check.

Now when I'm driving I noticed my gps thought I was miles away in another town...gps was glitching and brakes still didn't work correctly.. And clock was saying the wrong tome...all of a sudden as I am half a mile away the gps started working, and so did the breaks and the clock went to the correct time...

Yesterday it was shooting out a code c1391. I dropped it off at the dealer.dealer today . My fear is that they won't find out what's wrong with my car, my radio is the least of my worries I don't want my brakes to work and not work

What can cause these kinds of issues. I am getting a little scared to drive if they say they can't find anything wrong with the breaks.

There is obviously issue. While some people would be happy their breaks started working again I am not I need to find out what's wrong with it, my biggest fear is they say they can't find out what's wrong and it happens again while I'm going 60 mph

Is there anything I should tell them to check?
Old 05-12-23, 04:01 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,163 Likes on 991 Posts

Sounds like it may all be related to sloppy accident repairs and they are responsible for making it right.

There is also a new Lexus Customer Support program - 23LE04 for replacement of the brake booster and brake booster pump malfunction. It is related to codes C1391, C1252, C1256, C1253.
So point that out to them so they can check for the codes. Your C1391 code is one of the ones related to this program. So you need to tell them about it.
It was just sent out and offers coverage until March 31, 2024.
Old 05-12-23, 05:41 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Sounds like it may all be related to sloppy accident repairs and they are responsible for making it right.

There is also a new Lexus Customer Support program - 23LE04 for replacement of the brake booster and brake booster pump malfunction. It is related to codes C1391, C1252, C1256, C1253.
So point that out to them so they can check for the codes. Your C1391 code is one of the ones related to this program. So you need to tell them about it.
Clutchless, did you get a notification by snail mail? I checked on my vehicle's profile at LexusOwners.com and didn't see anything mentioning this Support Campaign.
Old 05-13-23, 06:30 AM
Erockzny
Rookie

I was thinking that to, but it wasn't like the car was wrecked, I have all the parts they changed, Ill post them later but then again it might be a voltage issue since stuff is going wacky, or at least I hope its just a voltage issue with some cable.

I had taken my car to Toyota 2 times, first time they said they thought it was a cable behind the steering wheel, then after the breaks started not charging the battery . then they told me take it to lexus because they did see the previous break codes of c1391.

the radio thing bothered me, but I figured it was something simple. but it seems like its not. I mean, electrical issues where the last things I was expecting to linger.... so today I took it to lexus and got a loaner. They said they woud look at it. I dont know what it could be, insurance know.

but in a situation like this, even Toyota said to take it to lexus, so what happens when a lexus hyrbid gets it a car crash? The auto repair place can do autobody work but I think lexus needs to do it, is that even possible? I thought they were just a dealer, but I cant bring the car back to the auto body shop when not even Toyota knows whats wrong. Its not like the autobody shop is better then toyota.

hopefully its something simple. last time I got my car towed because it wouldnt turn on and it was a cable somewhere in trunk, and I got lucky and it was fixed without paying much at Toyota.

I heard that a failing battery could cause issues like this, or something like that, if they cant find anything wrong with the breaks, then maybe its electrical

I will ask about the program if its related to the breaks and see what they said.

Old 05-13-23, 09:13 AM
Clutchless

See what the Lexus dealer says. It may be the Lexus Customer Support program - 23LE04 for replacement of the brake booster and brake booster pump malfunction. It is related to codes C1391, C1252, C1256, C1253.
It may also be a failing 12 volt battery. This car is running the Camry hybrid powertrain in a different body. It is not that different from other Toyota-Lexus cars.
Good Luck.
Old 05-14-23, 05:01 AM
Erockzny
Rookie

See what the Lexus dealer says. It may be the Lexus Customer Support program - 23LE04 for replacement of the brake booster and brake booster pump malfunction. It is related to codes C1391, C1252, C1256, C1253.
It may also be a failing 12 volt battery. This car is running the Camry hybrid powertrain in a different body. It is not that different from other Toyota-Lexus cars.
Good Luck.

yeah I was thinking it could be the battery hopefully its that, but I changed it maybe like 3 years ago..Ill see what lexus says, I have a RX 2023 SUV as a loaner and I hate it, its huge and guzzles gas

My hs250 has 187,000 miles and it runs the same as it did when I bought it used a couple years ago, its been my favorite car, because its small and can fit places in the city a big SUV cant, and I can get up to 40 MPG. The fact that we can use regular gas and not have to buy the premium gas is a huge plus. Also, with electric cars coming out, I think during the transition phase its best to have a hybrid car before going all electric. It takes 2 or 3 minutes to fill up vs 20-30 minutes if you are late for work and need power.

Old 05-15-23, 09:17 AM
Clutchless

After 3 years your 12 volt battery should be fine. I suspect poor repairs of accident damage and maybe the brake booster issue.
Old 05-17-23, 08:42 AM
Erockzny
Rookie

After 3 years your 12 volt battery should be fine. I suspect poor repairs of accident damage and maybe the brake booster issue.
It's been 4 days and I haven't heard back yet...

Is the break booster a recall like with how they put a new transmission into my hs250?

Are they suppose to fix it if my vin number falls into a certain category?
Old 05-17-23, 09:27 AM
Clutchless

It is not a recall like the transmission. It is an extended service program. That means if your car has the problem as determined by codes, or inspection etc, they will replace the brake booster etc until March 31, 2024. That means the dealer determines if that is the issue and if so, Lexus will pay to fix it. See details in the next post.

Last edited by Clutchless; 05-17-23 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-17-23, 09:33 AM
Clutchless

Old 05-18-23, 03:04 PM
Erockzny
Rookie

interesting, I did drop it off there, I will send this to the service guy see what he says

as for my hs250 that I miss so dearly, they still dont know whats wrong..

im stuck driving a 2023 RX gas guzzler thats impossible to part anywhere in NYC, its actually a nightmare to drive as its always trying to correct my driving in lanes, but at the end of the day software glitches and I dont even know why its on by default
Old 05-19-23, 03:36 AM
Clutchless

You should be able to turn off the lane correction assist. You may have to dive deep into the menus on the screen. In most new cars you can set it to off, just a warning noise or vibration, or an active assist.
If you use your turn signal, when chaning lanes they usually do not activate.
Old 05-23-23, 07:30 AM
Erockzny
Rookie

You should be able to turn off the lane correction assist. You may have to dive deep into the menus on the screen. In most new cars you can set it to off, just a warning noise or vibration, or an active assist.
If you use your turn signal, when chaning lanes they usually do not activate.

They said the brake booster needs fixing. They want like $3200+
They say my radio system will cost over $4000+ to fix

That's getting close to almost $10,000 in repairs!

Why are they charging me, shouldn't it fall under this program?

They can't find out what's wrong with my radio, they say my car is to "old" and needs to be sent out...have you ever heard of such a thing? Why can't they find my radio reciver assy? What is it,?

Brake Vacuum Booster: l-sb-0013-23 r&r brake booster assembly with master cylinder.A brake vacuum booster, also known as a power brake booster is connected along with the master cylinder directly to the brake pedal. Its purpose is to amplify the available foot pressure applied to the brake pedal so that the amount of foot pressure required to $3,292.40

Recommended service$4,432.68Radio/Stereo: may need radio receiver assy, more diag time needed. may not be able to locate radio assy due to age of vehicle, would need to be sent outA listening device in an automobile which usually has an AM/FM radio and often a cassette player, CD/DVD player, and/or CD/DVD changer. It also includes at least a pair of speakers and is a component of the entertainment system.

...I mean I know it's an expensive car to own but how is my radio and menu button on my steering wheel cost more then my breaks???

I still don't understand what happened with my car, the damage wasn't that bad...it's weird because I don't know who to blame for my brake issues, the accident or if it's just an issue like you said.

And the radio well, I mean it could have just broke , but like the breaks it's hard to say who REALLY is at fault, considered the extended program for the breaks, if that wasn't around now I could say it was because of the accident

Should Lexus fix my brakes for free because if the program and the paperwork you posted?

I hope so or else I might have to blame the accident and see if the insurance can fix it. I'm surprised Lexus hasn't called me to mentioned this extended program for my car, do you think they will make.me pay? They might not know because it's an old car?

Last edited by Erockzny; 05-23-23 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-23-23, 09:41 AM
AtomsilGSF
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Erockzny
They said the brake booster needs fixing. They want like $3200+
They say my radio system will cost over $4000+ to fix

That's getting close to almost $10,000 in repairs!

Why are they charging me, shouldn't it fall under this program?

They can't find out what's wrong with my radio, they say my car is to "old" and needs to be sent out...have you ever heard of such a thing? Why can't they find my radio reciver assy? What is it,?

Brake Vacuum Booster: l-sb-0013-23 r&r brake booster assembly with master cylinder.A brake vacuum booster, also known as a power brake booster is connected along with the master cylinder directly to the brake pedal. Its purpose is to amplify the available foot pressure applied to the brake pedal so that the amount of foot pressure required to $3,292.40

Recommended service$4,432.68Radio/Stereo: may need radio receiver assy, more diag time needed. may not be able to locate radio assy due to age of vehicle, would need to be sent outA listening device in an automobile which usually has an AM/FM radio and often a cassette player, CD/DVD player, and/or CD/DVD changer. It also includes at least a pair of speakers and is a component of the entertainment system.

...I mean I know it's an expensive car to own but how is my radio and menu button on my steering wheel cost more then my breaks???

I still don't understand what happened with my car, the damage wasn't that bad...it's weird because I don't know who to blame for my brake issues, the accident or if it's just an issue like you said.

And the radio well, I mean it could have just broke , but like the breaks it's hard to say who REALLY is at fault, considered the extended program for the breaks, if that wasn't around now I could say it was because of the accident

Should Lexus fix my brakes for free because if the program and the paperwork you posted?

I hope so or else I might have to blame the accident and see if the insurance can fix it. I'm surprised Lexus hasn't called me to mentioned this extended program for my car, do you think they will make.me pay? They might not know because it's an old car?
Given the issues you started to have after the accident, I would definitely be talking to the insurance about all of this. More than likely, it will be totaled if they decide to fix it. Sorry to hear about all the issues you are having
Old 05-24-23, 05:16 AM
Clutchless

I agree. You need to talk to the insurance company about these repairs coming under the accident damage as it all worked before the accident and say you think the car should be totaled.
These repairs should get them to total your car. It has been posted elsewhere on this forum that more HS250h's are being totaled because they cannot find replacement parts.

And the dealer should repair the brake booster as part of the service protocol. IF you want to pursue them fixing it for free you need to contact Lexus Corporate and complain about the dealer. https://www.lexus.com/contact

The above link will have contact information for Lexus customer service. Or Google it.

If none of this works. I would just sell it to CarMax or trade it in somewhere. I would not try to fix any of this stuff.
FYI the best way to fix the radio is to have an independent car audio specialty shop look at it and maybe get a used one installed.

Last edited by Clutchless; 05-24-23 at 05:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Weird issues with my car, my brakes just started working after my gps frooze