HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

All warning lights on

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-23, 01:02 AM
lacrashdog
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation All warning lights on

2010 HS 250h. Has anyone else had the issue of all the warning lights coming on at the same time? And staying on? Car is driving fine, as far as I can tell. I found out the previous owner never took it in for any recalls. Were there any? Could that be the cause? Not sure what's going on and I don't want to take it to a dealer or mechanic and get screwed without knowing what might be happening. Thanks.

Last edited by lacrashdog; 05-29-23 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-29-23, 06:37 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,163 Likes on 991 Posts

You need to tell us the model year of your car and the miles on it. For instance there is a transmission recall on 2010 models, although it may be too late now.

Go to this site (NHTSA - the US Government safety guys) and enter your VIN to identify any recalls. If you also look under manufacturer communications you can see technical service bulletins.
​​​​​​https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

See this recent thread for information on the new brake booster system extended service program from Lexus. I pasted the documents in the thread. Your lights may be related to that.
​​​​​​https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-...ps-frooze.html

Also if you go to the Lexus Drivers site and join, then enter your VIN you can see the dealer service history. You have to hunt around a bit to get there.
​​​​​​https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/account/create-account

You will need a dealer to repair the brake booster issue if that is the problem because it is a several thousand dollar repair they will do for free. They may want to charge a diagnosis fee if the problem turns out to be something else. You may want to first go to a chain auto parts store such as Auto Zone etc and ask them to scan for codes. Knowing the codes can help pinpoint the problem. For instance the brake booster program documents identify several codes that are directly related to needing a new brake booster. If those codes show up, then go to the dealer and tell them.

Or you may want to find an independent hybrid speicalist shop to get an initial diagnosis as they should be cheaper than the dealer. If it is the brake booster then you need the dealer.

Finally if you have the original 12 volt battery, and they can last 12 years, it may just need to be replaced, Low voltage can trigger a lot fo warning lights as they are very sensitive to voltage drop. So a simple battery check at Auto zone may also be helpful.