HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Radio Repair shop says stock radiio has to be programed to vin, is this true

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-23, 02:15 PM
Erockzny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Repair shop says stock radiio has to be programed to vin, is this true

so it seems that if I get a new radio things will work again like they should, Im looking for a used radio but does it have to be programmed by vin number?
Old 07-17-23, 04:36 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Erockzny
so it seems that if I get a new radio things will work again like they should, Im looking for a used radio but does it have to be programmed by vin number?
You should the Service Department of your Local Lexus Dealer for the answer. Many aftermarket shops will say the radio needs to be programmed to the VIN because they are used to working on German Brands such as BMW/Audi/MB where such actions are required after replacement of major electrical parts. Most Lexus and Acura Vehicles do not require software updates unless you are changing an engine ECU.
Old 07-18-23, 02:52 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,182 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Have you removed all the aftermarket audio equipment that is also probably part of your problem?
FYI I agree with the other response but you may want to look at this
​​​​​​https://windupradio.com/reset-lexus-radio/

Also you could call these guys as they specialize in used Lexus parts http://www.rancholexusrecycling.com/

They may even have a radio for you.
Old 07-27-23, 04:30 PM
Erockzny
Rookie

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Have you removed all the aftermarket audio equipment that is also probably part of your problem?
FYI I agree with the other response but you may want to look at this
​​​​​​https://windupradio.com/reset-lexus-radio/

Also you could call these guys as they specialize in used Lexus parts http://www.rancholexusrecycling.com/

They may even have a radio for you.
I ordered a used track pad off ebay and put it in, still dont work.

Im waiting on the radio to come in , should be here next week,

The car stereo place says once the radio gets put in everything should work but I dont think so.

I paid $600 so far and if the radio doesnt work Im going to ask him for a refund or put in a dispute with the credit card company and also with the insurance company

the insurance company said it has nothing to do with the accident and they can prove it, or at least thats what the car radio place said.

Lexus did say I needed a new radio so we shall see , I hope it all works when the radio comes in, maybe its connected to the system.

Is the radio needed for the trackpad to work?

it was his job to check all that after market stuff, Ill let him write a report and see if he even mentions the after market stuff.
Old 07-30-23, 03:03 PM
Erockzny
Rookie

Originally Posted by Erockzny
I ordered a used track pad off ebay and put it in, still dont work.

Im waiting on the radio to come in , should be here next week,

The car stereo place says once the radio gets put in everything should work but I dont think so.

I paid $600 so far and if the radio doesnt work Im going to ask him for a refund or put in a dispute with the credit card company and also with the insurance company

the insurance company said it has nothing to do with the accident and they can prove it, or at least thats what the car radio place said.

Lexus did say I needed a new radio so we shall see , I hope it all works when the radio comes in, maybe its connected to the system.

Is the radio needed for the trackpad to work?

it was his job to check all that after market stuff, Ill let him write a report and see if he even mentions the after market stuff.

put new radio in, didnt work.

in this thread, someone said to use WD40 to "clean" the fuse box..has anyone ever heard of this? usiing WD-40 to clean fuses?

https://www.ct200hforum.com/threads/...-issue.138281/

I've the same problem with my 2011 CT200h after those heavy raining days in Southern California and the good news is: I've it fixed ! Just a few easy steps. Open your hood, remove the fuse box cover, full out the Radio fuse ( check It, make sure It wasn't burned) spray the WD 40 into the fuse connection (you might need to reinsert and full it out couple of times to get rid of the burned spots) Turn on the car ignition ( press It twice) reinsert the Radio fuse into the connection and wait for the system to reboot and that's It ! You're good to go. Everything should go back to normal ! Meanwhile, the Lexus dealer asked me for thousand of dollars to replace the system !!! SCREW THEM ! OK, good luck and have fun folks.
Old 07-30-23, 04:51 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,182 Likes on 1,010 Posts

You have nothing to loose by giving that a try.
Do you still have all that aftermarket audio subwoofer & amp installed? If so how do you know that is not the cause of your problems?