HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus hs250h making noise when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-24, 08:27 AM
BunUy
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lexus hs250h making noise when accelerating

I owned a Lexus HS250 H 2010 premium option(I don't know whether a car with a different option had a different issue). To give more detail about the car it had only 2 owners before me (I'm the third owner) the car was brand new. I had trouble when accelerating between the gauge cluster from the PWR gap it started making zi zi noise. I have been trying to fix it for ages. I had to remove the entire dashboard and everything in front to pinpoint what was making that sound but I still can't pinpoint where it's coming from. When driving on highway speed or braking it doesn't make any noise at all. I tried using my phone to locate where the noise coming from but I got no clue to help pinpoint it. I placed the phone on the accelerator when accelerating and it started making that noise around a certain speed or the left of the dashboard stayed between the dark green and light green. Does anybody have the same issue as mine, please lend me a helping hand the sound is making me crazy every time I start driving the car because it used to be a quiet car and now I start making noise that driving anybody who drives it has gone nuts.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2972.MOV (20.00 MB, 20 views)
Old 03-15-24, 02:54 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,182 Likes on 1,010 Posts

It may be time to have a professional shop look at it. I listened and my only thought was maybe the clockspring. How many miles are on it? Has the transmission been replaced in the recall?
However this forum does not get a lot of traffic.
Since this vehicle shares mechanicals with the Camry Hybrid. Try the Toyota Nation Camry hybrid forum. https://www.toyotanation.com/forums/...2007-2011.906/
Old 03-15-24, 10:36 PM
BunUy
3rd Gear

Thanks for the reply. The sound coming from down below near the accelerator and at the moment I can't get where the sound coming from whether it's inside or outside the car. The clockspring located at the top neck which doesn't make any sound. The car had 150000 miles on it and for the transmission I don't know it has been replace in the recall or not. How do I know the transmission need replacement or not?
Old 03-16-24, 03:56 AM
dougaliscious
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried removing the plastic cover to the left of the driver's pedals? There are a few relays behind there.

My impression from the sound however, is this is part of the ventilation system. Maybe an air movement fan, or maybe the electrostatic air cleaner if you have one. Maybe try switching the electronic settings to see if the pattern of producing the sound changes?

On my car there is an option to adjust the A/C activity to lower power during electric driving modes to improve fuel economy. Because of that I do not have a problem believing that the ventilation system's sounds may be correlated with what you are doing with the power train.
Old 03-16-24, 03:57 AM
dougaliscious
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dougaliscious
Have you tried removing the plastic cover to the left of the driver's pedals
Oh, it is worth noting that the video shows a different car, but these driver area trim panels are the same.
Old 03-16-24, 05:02 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,182 Likes on 1,010 Posts

I agree it may be a relay or ventilation system issue.

​​​​​​You can go to the Lexus drivers site linked below, join for free and enter the VIN of any Lexus you are considering to buy used and then it lets you see the dealer service history and the car build sheet that shows its options. The site is a bit cranky and does not always work, so you may have to try a couple of times. https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/account/create-account

​​​​​​To see the service history at Lexus Drivers do the following:
On the page that lists the car whose VIN you entered there will be a line that states
Vehicle Health Report
Learn More - click this box
Then on the next page it will state
My Service
On the right side it will state Service History
View History - click this box to see the service history
Then it will slowly take you to a page you need to scroll down to see the service history
Each entry will be a line, click on the + at the side to see more about each entry
Old 03-16-24, 03:56 PM
Jesseskillz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong but have you changed your transmission fluid. The reason why I say that is because I had the similar sound happen to me. Everytime I'll go up a hill that sound will drive me insane. Just 2 months ago I changed the transmission fluid now I don't hear it as much. Just an idea to keep in mind but I maybe wrong. But that sound that would drive me insane is now the last of my worrys.
Old 03-16-24, 08:25 PM
BunUy
3rd Gear

Thanks for the reply. Here's an update on the car. There is nothing wrong with the ventilation system. I had tried closing/lowering the AC when driving but it still made that sound. And for the transmission fluid, I just changed 2 weeks ago.