HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 08:38 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GFerg
And here I go again. Not a single wood panel in site and door panels without a trace of design, just a sheet of leather. At least dress the damn thing up.

Crap like this is why many German car fans will NEVER take Lexus serious. 3rd new Lexus vehicle that looks like utter crap (IS-C, new RX, and HS).
Agree. I am going to drive my 2GS until the engine won't turn over any more. And even then I might buy a horse or two to pull it around to where I need to go.

Lexus interiors have been shedding wood since 2006/L-Finesse which is a huge problem for me, I don't like the appearance and integration of the new touchless nav, and their exterior designs are awfully forgettable and bland. Lately I am not seeing the same company I fell in love with in the late 90s.
Old 01-11-09, 08:42 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

There are some wood where the switches are on the door I can forgive them for not having much wood for this hybrid, since tree-huggers are not suppose to like wood trims
Old 01-11-09, 08:43 AM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did some digging,

Looks like a front camera.

I found more wood.(thats what she said)

The new Lexus thing.

I want my navi to look say this.

Close up

Now we get weather
Old 01-11-09, 08:45 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool Reminds Me of a Ford Grill

Old 01-11-09, 08:47 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesnt change how the car looks...lmao

lexus designs went from L-finesse..to L-Fineeto

Im nailbiting anxiously to see the RS5...thats the main reason im glued to today..the A7 concept was the other reason..and im pretty pleased with that.

Audi designs are just the pinnacle right now..their fit/finish/...engineering..and above all - their designs...speak for themselves. Hence, STILL posting record sales and sales increases...unlike everyone else - who have taken a nosedive INCLUDING lexus and other luxury brands.

back on topic..i just cant believe this is the design and idea the HS250 design team had...
Old 01-11-09, 08:48 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow. Looking at the new pics, this is an embarrassment to the Lexus name. They are killing me. What platform is this built on? Corolla? Avensis? Prius?
Old 01-11-09, 08:54 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFerg
Wow. Looking at the new pics, this is an embarrassment to the Lexus name. They are killing me.
Agree. How awful is this?

This car is honestly hard to believe. We thought we had it bad with the RX...and ISc. Little did we know! I think I would legitimately rather have a Corolla S or Chevy Cruz.
Old 01-11-09, 08:59 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

For the money, give me the ES350.

I'm sure it's not a bad vehicle..it's just visually depressing.

I really like the mechanical/technological features though
Old 01-11-09, 09:03 AM
rcf8000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stylistically, this car displays a total lack of imagination.
Old 01-11-09, 09:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

i think u guys are forgetting this is about FUEL ECONOMY and thus marketed to people who are CHEAP/FRUGAL and thus they won't pay much for the CAR either, so Lexus has no choice but to cost reduce and re-use existing parts.

i think it's pretty ugly too, but i'm not surprised at all at the result.

i BET it sells well! i think lexus will net a bunch of OLDER drivers with this - retirees love hybrids!

i get sick of meeting people who have to tell me a few minutes into conversation that "gas went up today!" (yeah and it was over $4 in the summer ) or "i was in ------ town and it was only $----! (less than here)" do i look like i care? it is what it is, and talking about it is not interesting.

but so many people are obsessed with gas mileage but won't drive a prius because that's become the status badge for hippie celebrities and people who drive like snails on highways.

this car is basically a upgraded corolla hybrid.

depending on the price, it may do very well.
Old 01-11-09, 09:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i think u guys are forgetting this is about FUEL ECONOMY and thus marketed to people who are CHEAP/FRUGAL and thus they won't pay much for the CAR either, so Lexus has no choice but to cost reduce and re-use existing parts.

i think it's pretty ugly too, but i'm not surprised at all at the result.

i BET it sells well! i think lexus will net a bunch of OLDER drivers with this - retirees love hybrids!

i get sick of meeting people who have to tell me a few minutes into conversation that "gas went up today!" (yeah and it was over $4 in the summer ) or "i was in ------ town and it was only $----! (less than here)" do i look like i care? it is what it is, and talking about it is not interesting.

but so many people are obsessed with gas mileage but won't drive a prius because that's become the status badge for hippie celebrities and people who drive like snails on highways.

this car is basically a upgraded corolla hybrid.

depending on the price, it may do very well.
it is basically car based on the Prius platform, with completly different interior and exterior, including more leather than any Lexus other than LS460 with leather dashboard :-).

People dont like it because they dont like change, but I think vehicle is awesome and hope that upgrades to the Camry engine will make it more efficient than in Camry, and still lighter despite the Lexus name.

In Europe, this would sell like gazillion times better than IS.
Old 01-11-09, 09:14 AM
LexFather

I must be getting old but IMO the design is pretty good considering its based off the Prius. We knew that ahead of time and we should NOT have expected a clean sheet design. I do agree though, that 3 horizontal slant grill is screaming Ford right now. Lexus has always had horizontal slants but the only time its been that thick is the HPS concept (future 2GS). Lexus had to make a sedan out of a hatchback. No easy feat.

The interior is again very adventurous and I'm very curious about ergonomics. I think Andrew hit it on the head don't expect a lot of wood b/c hybrid buyers rather forgo it. This was evident when the RX 400h debuted with only aluminum trim.

I'm glad it has the bigger Camry engine and not the same Prius engine. We have seen too many times Japanese car makers don't do enough to seperate hardware from their non luxury counterparts.
Old 01-11-09, 09:16 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

it is also technologically more advanced than any other lexus on the market, save for the LS600h... and it has more gadgets than any Lexus in the history.

I cant believe that some people can think this looks bad while they glorify 1 series, which has Yaris interior.
Old 01-11-09, 09:17 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Such is not the case with premium brands, however. This car does not belong in the Lexus stable. Toyota? Sure. Honda? Sure. Maybe even Acura, but not with Lexus.
Old 01-11-09, 09:19 AM
LexFather

Now my issue (or Lexus issue) is that being said, the exterior looks like a damn Corolla. Period. Lexus has done a much better job differentiating themselves from Toyota but this is like a 500lbs batch of Kobe beef to Lexus haters and trolls. "Oh its just a Toyota". While this is technologically advanced, this does not help with "Image" with enthusiasts and with editors and writers who still think Lexus is nothing but a Toyota.

The amazing thing, truly amazing thing is Lexus now will have 3 SEDANS in the 30-40k segment. IS, ES, HS. THey are betting there is room for all 3. Only BMW has two, the 1 and 3 but its only for coupes and the 1 is only a year old.

The other amazing thing is this car is right for these economic times. Gas prices will go up of course. This will be a hit with consumers.

We have to give Lexus kudos for having 4 hybrids while most luxury brands have NONE or 1 half assed attempt.

Quick Reply: Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11