HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 11:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i bet the next GS will also have the cheap looking slanted-up narrow clear tail lights.
i don't get it - clear tail lights were all the hawtness for a few years... altezza lights 'n all...

i don't know why u think they look cheap
Old 01-11-09, 11:41 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
[B][SIZE="4"]The HS 250h sedan’s expected fuel efficiency will be more than 30-percent better than the most fuel-efficient model currently in the Lexus lineup, while earning a SULEV emissions rating utilizing regular 87-octane gasoline.
J***s C****t, after almost 6 pages of bashing and bishing let's talk a bit about the important thing for car shall we?

30% better than the most fuel efficient model currently in the Lexus lineup, so is that the current RX hybrid or the IS250? The IS250 is 21/29 and RX400h is 27/24 so for the best case scenario let's take 27/29 and worst case as 21/24. Tagging another 30% to both sets of the numbers we get: 35/37 and 27/31. Personally I think the HS will have a FE at around 35 mpg which in my opinion is NOT very impressive.

Yes, it looks like a Corolla from some angles and yes, it is not the best of the L-Finesse designs but you know what, if Lexus can price this thing reasonably (~$33k starting) they will sell every single one that they make.

I was heavily considering replace my IS350 with this in couple years but after seeing the real thing I have to say that the car is not for me. But like I said, I am sure the people who don't like to drive and want a luxury hybrid is going to be all over it.
Old 01-11-09, 11:45 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

one thing i find unforgivable is the glued on lower trim bits at front and rear just like a corolla s.
Old 01-11-09, 11:45 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

HS gets doublewishbone at the back... Prius has had torsion beam at the back before..
Old 01-11-09, 11:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
one thing i find unforgivable is the glued on lower trim bits at front and rear just like a corolla s.
you mean spoilers? probably part of some pack :-).
Old 01-11-09, 11:58 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Who knows..this could stir up some competition for MB/BMW/etc. The idea is awesome, but the execution is not what most had expected from Lexus.
At least it uses 87-octane
It probably will. After seeing it I don't mind the tails, but that grill has to go..... really has to go.
Old 01-11-09, 12:00 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ffpower
it is not the best of the L-Finesse designs but you know what, if Lexus can price this thing reasonably (~$33k starting) they will sell every single one that they make.
I don't see what would compel anyone to spend an additional $4k+ on the Lexus HS versus a fully optioned Civic Hybrid (40/45 EPA). The interior isn't that much better. Civic probably wins in efficiency. Small cars are not tourers (I doubt the target customer is driving cross-country in these cars) so I'm not sure how much utility there is in marginally better materials and seats.

I'll be shocked if, priced at $33 starting, these fly off the lots.

M.
Old 01-11-09, 12:03 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

After looking at the real life pics...

If Lexus could lose the tacky Corolla body cladding on the front bumper, swap out the grille for a normal Lexus one, and put on some half respectable wheels, this car wouldn't be that bad. I actually quite like it from the A pillar to the rear end, but the shape of the front combined with that tacky body molding screams ECONOMY CAR.

Still not too impressed with the overall package.
Old 01-11-09, 12:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I disagree. I guess a nice set of wheels will have the HS250 sitting like these puppies. I was looking forward to a 1 series/A3 fighter in the HS..

Why are you posting picks of modded or lowered or even stock 1 series cars in this thread? Why?
The HS doesn't compete with them at all.

Get out of here with that. If you want to compare the HS to something, do it right. The 4 cylinder Hatch 120 we don't get. The 116 we don't get.

No one can bash the styling of the HS when the 1series is not much better (and I seemingly/amazinglin like both cars styling).

Hey everyone, a shame the HS doesn't look like this. (ROLLEYES)

Last edited by LexFather; 01-11-09 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-11-09, 12:06 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by GFerg
Some people honestly hate wood trim in their cars as well. That is cool. I am acceptable to change. For the most part I do like the interior of the current GS and ES with less wood trim. But IMO, if you are not going to use as much wood trim, dont give me flat pieces of vinyl and sheets of leather and say your a luxury car company. That crap belongs in a Toyota. Its about the little details to me when it comes to interiors. The new RX and HS have none of that.
I hate wood in cars. It almost always looks terrible. I would opt for aluminum or piano black panels.

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i bet the next GS will also have the cheap looking slanted-up narrow clear tail lights.

totally not-luxury looking at all.

it seems lexus wants to bundle the whole family under the RX style. dear god
I agree. The clears of this and the new RX look really horrible. I'm not sure why because the 2RX looks great. I hope they don't move to this on all their vehicles.
Old 01-11-09, 12:08 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Why are you posting picks of modded or lowered or even stock 1 series cars in this thread? Why? The HS doesn't compete with them at all.

Get out of here with that. If you want to compare the HS to something, do it right. The 4 cylinder Hatch 120 we don't get. The 116 we don't get.

No one can bash the styling of the HS when the 1series is not much better (and I seemingly/amazinglin like both cars styling).

The 1 series looks horribly cheap in person. I don't like it's small-cutesy proportions and cutesy looking headlights and taillights. The interior is horrendously... BMW-esque. It just doesn't look German to me.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-11-09 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-11-09, 12:14 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Why the hell are you posting picks of modded or lowered or even stock 1 series cars in this thread? Why? The HS doesn't compete with them at all.

Get out of here with that. If you want to compare the HS to something, do it right. The 4 cylinder Hatch 120 we don't get.

Look, I responded to a post that mentioned the small cars from Mercedes, BMW, Audi were ugly compared to the HS.. I stated MY OPINION with regards to that comment.. ( go back a few pages and read the posts). If you cannot handle members posting opinions contrary to yours, then perhaps you should excuse yourself from the thread. If I recall, this is an online forum... If you have a personal problem with me the pm is available.
Old 01-11-09, 12:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by videcormeum
All I'm going to say is that if Infiniti introduced a hybrid derived from a smaller cheaper car - say the Sentra / comparable - you guys would rip it mercilessly.

This car is terrible and it's terrible for Lexus. This is nothing that Toyota can't/shouldn't/hasn't done already with the Prius.

I'm going to call this car the Lexus Cimarron.

M.
Then we should call the entire Infinti and Acura lineups Cimarrons then with that logic.

This still has an amazing hybrid system that BOTTOM LINE INfinit and Acura can't begin to figure out.

I do agree, the exterior design is very blah and Corolla like. Way to similar to me.
Old 01-11-09, 12:15 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

i like the grill! the front is basically the only thing i like about this car. ES headlights, IS-F bumper, and pronounced grill. its much better than the grill found on the RX. If the RX had this grill, like the concept, it would look much better
Old 01-11-09, 12:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Look, I responded to a post that mentioned the small cars from Mercedes, BMW, Audi were ugly compared to the HS.. I stated MY OPINION with regards to that comment.. ( go back a few pages and read the posts). If you cannot handle members posting opinions contrary to yours, then perhaps you should excuse yourself from the thread. If I recall, this is an online forum... If you have a personal problem with me the pm is available.
Its ridiculous to compare MODDED SPORT COUPES to a HYBRID sedan. Then you clearly miss the fact that BMW makes just as bad if not worse looking cars in the 1 series hatch we don't get in America.

Why don't we get it? B/C BMW is scared of hurting its image in America b/c mostowners think and ACT like they only offer M3s and M5s.

Clearly it works.

Lexus at least has the ***** to risk doing this Corolla looking/Prius vehicle here. BMW and Benz are so scared they won't send their small cars here b/c they don't want to dilute their sometimes IMAGINARY view of superiority.

Here is another beauty with 15" wheels and black door handles.

Would I (we) like to see something way sportier. Yup. Is this what Lexus is going to sell this year? Yup.

Quick Reply: Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11