HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 12:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ffpower
J***s C****t, after almost 6 pages of bashing and bishing let's talk a bit about the important thing for car shall we?

30% better than the most fuel efficient model currently in the Lexus lineup, so is that the current RX hybrid or the IS250? The IS250 is 21/29 and RX400h is 27/24 so for the best case scenario let's take 27/29 and worst case as 21/24. Tagging another 30% to both sets of the numbers we get: 35/37 and 27/31. Personally I think the HS will have a FE at around 35 mpg which in my opinion is NOT very impressive.

Yes, it looks like a Corolla from some angles and yes, it is not the best of the L-Finesse designs but you know what, if Lexus can price this thing reasonably (~$33k starting) they will sell every single one that they make.

I was heavily considering replace my IS350 with this in couple years but after seeing the real thing I have to say that the car is not for me. But like I said, I am sure the people who don't like to drive and want a luxury hybrid is going to be all over it.
We bished and people said "why does Lexus offer performance hybrids, where is the truly efficient hybrid"

Well here it is. Now would we rather see an ES hybrid? Possibly. Is this something we will love. Hell no.

For those that commute or want a car with more MPG, this makes sense.
Old 01-11-09, 12:21 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found a good thing about it; They finally offer duo tone interior! Took them a while.
Old 01-11-09, 12:24 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That being said that I don't like the 1series. I do however like the 1 series hatches. The body is just better proportioned in hatch form. The coupe I don't like.
Old 01-11-09, 12:26 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the sideview of the interior is not bad. it's a nice slant, and the bottom is like a mousepad.
it doesn't look cheap, IMO

Old 01-11-09, 12:30 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vladi
I found a good thing about it; They finally offer duo tone interior! Took them a while.
You mean like this?

Old 01-11-09, 12:33 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, the 1 series hatch is ugly. Feel better now? I don't work for BMW nor do they give me any incentives.. I just own two of them along with a Toyota and a Lexus. The day I no longer own a Lexus vehicle and post on CL is the day you can consider me a troll, goblin, snake, bum, or whatever negative connotation you want to attach to my online persona.. I hope this is the end of the baiting and bickering as I would like to enjoy the site..

Now back to this topic. I was hoping that Lexus would of made the HS like this vehicle which looks far and apart from anything in the Toyota showroom..

Old 01-11-09, 12:35 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I was hoping that Lexus would of made the HS like this vehicle which looks far and apart from anything in the Toyota showroom..

Agree...the sketches were a lot more promising.
Old 01-11-09, 12:37 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
You mean like this?

Is that for US? Wow good job Lexus
Old 01-11-09, 12:51 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Old 01-11-09, 01:13 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I for sure was not expecting a looker. I'm assuming that grille will not be carried over...like others have said it's a concept grille like the LF-Sh etc.?

However, that said, I was not expecting something on the order of a 'brand-killer' - in worst case scenario that would be...but the Cimarron comparison is not as apt; this is a very advanced hybrid vehicle and the specifications alone are worthy of the badge.

But luxury IS luxury and that's what Lexus should be about. Since the LX 570, the Lexus designs have not been spectacular debuts...unless you count the LF-A/LF-AR and, to some, the controversial IS-F...the RX is pretty evolutionary.

Looking at the Japanese magazine spy sketch, I was hoping for something a bit less hump-shaped, the trunk and hood looking lower while the cabin arches up too high. The actual HS did not have this problem. The problem is that at this shape, the HS looks rather fussy in its window details and that does not help with the more simplistic beltline.

The interior seems to be pretty good and I don't mind the amount of wood. I remember well the 1992 ES 300 where the wood trim, very nice mind you, was a single piece at the shifter area. Now speaking of shifters, I was hoping to see a different one from the Prius. That's my quibble with the interior. The steering wheel is also like the new RX's. Futuristic, maybe a bit less elegant though.

The biggest question for me, and the point of this car...what is the MPG? If it's in the high 30's...ok but I was hoping for 40's to justify this car.

In my opinion, and not to insult the owners of a very nice car, the original IS 300, Lexus has gotten back a car which does not fit the rest of the lineup's design language. It's different.

However, the HS has a completely different mission profile/character as the IS. I think it will sell, but hopefully it looks better in person, because right now I'm taking the Prius (new generation)
Attached Thumbnails Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11-comparos.jpg  

Last edited by encore888; 01-11-09 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-11-09, 01:14 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

slapping on the LS grille might save it

Old 01-11-09, 01:16 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Agree...the sketches were a lot more promising.
That was not a sketch of the HS, but of the upcoming possible IS hatch. It was called (appropriately) the BS.

I've seen better trains of thought on here.

http://www.crewten.com/robby_image2.jpg

The commmentary in this thread is getting worse and I'm avoiding it. Sad really.
Old 01-11-09, 01:25 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
slapping on the LS grille might save it

If I ever own one this would be the first and only mod I would do to it. I am not that crazy about the current grillwork style in use. IMO it resembles the Toyota Venza to much. I like some chrome but not the over use of it and the same with the use of wood inside. Where is the wood steering wheel??? Right now I want to see the car in person.
Old 01-11-09, 01:25 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the moonroof controls are right about the remote touch controller looks like. it looks too high in the back, and should have exposed an exhaust or two, even though if it doesnt do anything, like on the IS-F. the little kit on the front of the bumber needs to go I think, just looks like an tacky add on, and the interior looks plain and drab. looks horrible with that wood color and the grey seats, just like on the new RX. Excluding the LS,LX,SC,and the IS, Lexus needs to put luxury back into their vehicles, for being a step above the IS, the IS is way more lexus like in terms of looks exterior and interior, especially interior.
Old 01-11-09, 01:27 PM
LexFather

Got damn that front spoiler looks like the tacked on crap on Corollas. Sad.

Quick Reply: Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11