HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 08:11 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Also, so what the ES is in its third year. Lexus is introducing an IS250C in the IS's third or 4th year?
dont get me started on that mistake

well i dont have an answer for you. the point is that they wanted a dedicated hybrid. perhaps it was because they wanted to expand their sedan lineup. or perhaps it was the most financially efficient way of doing things. or maybe they just wanted the title of "first dedicated luxury hybrid".

the most probably would be that if they put it in the ES, they would need to differentiate it from the camry by adding the new heat exhaust recovery system, and etc etc. they woud have to redesign all noise, vibration, harshness (NVH) to lexus standards, which make hybrids from lexus so different. it brings quietness to a new level. not to mention they would have to redesign the entire trunk/rear passenger area. if they were to add so much effort into the existing vehicle, they might as well make anothr vehicle, a smaller one that can probably make the most out of a hybrid powertrain
Old 01-12-09, 08:20 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to get that impression although it might look overall more like something I would expect from Chevrolet.
Old 01-12-09, 08:21 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just wondering who the heck is buying all of the Lexus' these days?

According to some of the more vocal members here...all Lexus does is launch ugly, less reliable, lower build quality pos.

If you don't like them, don't buy them! It's really that simple. The sales numbers clearly show that there are enough people that still want them and do actually buy them. So go whine somewhere else.

This internet bishing and moaning about cars that people haven't even seen yet or driven is ridiculous.

Maybe go have a read of the thread "From Question Mark to Landmark". Lexus clearly knows and understands what they are doing.
Old 01-12-09, 08:22 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Personally I don't think the grille is going to carry over onto the production model.

Let's not forget that currently the HS250h is still officially a concept.
Old 01-12-09, 08:25 PM
RXSF

i have not read anything saying that it is a concept...
Old 01-12-09, 08:26 PM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Two words: Cadillac Cimarron.
Old 01-12-09, 08:27 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

I want to wait and see it for real, as usual. But is there any functional reason for the "console"? Let's be honest, in another life if Crown Prince Bangle had inflicted something like that on say the 1 series, the bashing wouldn't be anywhere near as civil as here. Not saying it didn't have to be done that way for some bizarre reason but if that shape wound up in any other Lexus sedan, I don't think anyone would be very kind to it. Maybe it is meant to be some "techie" appearance to appeal to a supposed hybrid buyer image. I'll wait to see but if I want a minivan dash/console, I'll get a minivan.

Last edited by RON430; 01-12-09 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-12-09, 08:28 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
i have not read anything saying that it is a concept...
Hmm... I could be wrong. I thought I read it somewhere that says it is...

Edit: I was wrong, but I still don't think that grille is going to carry over, at least I hope not.
Old 01-12-09, 08:29 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ffpower
Personally I don't think the grille is going to carry over onto the production model.

Let's not forget that currently the HS250h is still officially a concept.
I might agree but if I go look at the grill on the upcoming Camry hybrid, it looks like it might be a Toyota/Lexus hyrbrid common design theme in the grill.
Old 01-12-09, 08:32 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by theanimala
Two words: Cadillac Cimarron.
Two words: It failed...
Old 01-12-09, 08:39 PM
RXSF

why is cimarron being thrown around. i saw that on 3 different sites on a HS250 discussions. geez
Old 01-12-09, 08:45 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

why is cimarron being thrown around. i saw that on 3 different sites on a HS250 discussions. geez
I'm guessing the reason Cimarron is being thrown around is that it failed and people think that the HS 250h will fail too but it hasn't even started selling yet. I'm sure the HS 250h will sell and it will sell well...it won't fail like the Cadillac Cimarron...
Old 01-12-09, 08:56 PM
RXSF

yeh i understand the relation. im just trying to pinpoint the exact person who started this huge word usage around this car
Old 01-12-09, 09:01 PM
LexFather

all this talk about the HS and the Corolla. Lets see exactly how much they are alike, cause i aint seeing it Courtesy of thepassionatepursuit.com

and ill throw in the current IS because i think the side profile looks like the HS too

Thank you for the side by sides.
Old 01-12-09, 09:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ffpower
Fifteen words:

How about if you have nothing better to say then spare us with the BS?
I agree you can't even begin to parallel the two. The Cimmeron was LITERALLY a straight rebadge. The HS is sourced from at least 3 different cars, with its own interior and exterior. It is 85% recyclable!! It has its own "green" plastics inside.

People forget that ALL the concepts had this grill outside the LF-A....

Quick Reply: Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11