HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 10:48 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what part of the problem is (Apart from the glued on buts and the barnyard doors)? The wheels. Can somebody who is handy with photoshop put some ES/IS/GS wheels on it please?
Old 01-13-09, 06:21 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
it is basically car based on the Prius platform, with completly different interior and exterior, including more leather than any Lexus other than LS460 with leather dashboard :-).

People dont like it because they dont like change, but I think vehicle is awesome and hope that upgrades to the Camry engine will make it more efficient than in Camry, and still lighter despite the Lexus name.

In Europe, this would sell like gazillion times better than IS.
I have to agree...depending on retail price...this will most likely sell like hotcakes in europe
Old 01-13-09, 06:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Members, I've removed several baiting posts and personal attacks this morning.

I ask you to keep this thread on topic and discuss the vehicle, not the people posting in the thread. If you can't, I'll ask you in advance not to post in this thread.

FKL, I'd like for you to cease posting in this thread from this point forward.
Old 01-13-09, 06:46 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Not for Europe

Posted: January 13th, 2009

Usually it’s us on the stateside getting angry at Europe for getting all the cool cars. Well, this time we can point the finger and laugh. The new 2010 Lexus HS 250h, which was unveiled at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, will not be making its way to Europe - at least for now.

“The HS 250h is intended mainly for North America and Japan, sales are not currently planned for Europe,” said Serge Gachot, head of Toyota Motor Europe marketing communications.

According to Automotive News, sources say that the main reason the HS 250h won’t make it to Europe is because that its CO2 emissions are too close to the IS 220d.

The 2010 Lexus HS 250h will go on sale on the stateside later this summer. Pricing and fuel-economy figures will be revealed closer to launch date.

Old 01-13-09, 07:06 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GS69

Posted: January 13th, 2009

Usually it’s us on the stateside getting angry at Europe for getting all the cool cars. Well, this time we can point the finger and laugh. The new 2010 Lexus HS 250h, which was unveiled at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, will not be making its way to Europe - at least for now.

“The HS 250h is intended mainly for North America and Japan, sales are not currently planned for Europe,” said Serge Gachot, head of Toyota Motor Europe marketing communications.

According to Automotive News, sources say that the main reason the HS 250h won’t make it to Europe is because that its CO2 emissions are too close to the IS 220d.

The 2010 Lexus HS 250h will go on sale on the stateside later this summer. Pricing and fuel-economy figures will be revealed closer to launch date.

Thanks.

Why on earth they wouldn't sell this in Europe I have no idea. The IS 220d is their best seller and they and they need another one.

I am assuming they have more Europe product planned as they want to hit 100k sales the next few years.
Old 01-13-09, 07:11 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

Not selling in Europe is just a stupid move IMO.
Old 01-13-09, 07:49 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Very strange ! The IS 220d is probably the worst Lexus ever made. There are huge problems with the manual gearbox, there is a huge problem with rattle from the dash and owners complains all the time about the bad MPG. The IS 220d has finished last in every single comparison made, even compared to non-preimun cars. All beacuse of teh engine and transmisson.

I took the IS 220d for testdrive and that engine is simply wrong in a Lexus. Vibrations, short register, gearbox from something made 20 years ago, and a very boring sound.

Driving my IS 250 auto is like coming to heaven, you dont believe that it is the same manufacturer.

YES !!! Europe really needs this HS 250 to replace the IS 220d.Now!
Old 01-13-09, 08:16 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Bond
Very strange ! The IS 220d is probably the worst Lexus ever made. There are huge problems with the manual gearbox, there is a huge problem with rattle from the dash and owners complains all the time about the bad MPG. The IS 220d has finished last in every single comparison made, even compared to non-preimun cars. All beacuse of teh engine and transmisson.

I took the IS 220d for testdrive and that engine is simply wrong in a Lexus. Vibrations, short register, gearbox from something made 20 years ago, and a very boring sound.

Driving my IS 250 auto is like coming to heaven, you dont believe that it is the same manufacturer.

YES !!! Europe really needs this HS 250 to replace the IS 220d.Now!
+100,000,000,000,000

In fact a few pages ago, it was already mentioned that there were links from the Lexus UK owners forum that said the same recommendation: Ditch the lameass IS 220d and instead get yourself an IS250 automatic

Indeed, they need to sell the HS 250h in Europe. Never mind if the HS is ugly or if looks like a Lexus version of a Corolla. The feedback and reception will improve if it can make up for the mistakes of the IS220d.

Two cents
Old 01-13-09, 09:45 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Not selling in Europe is just a stupid move IMO.
Exactly. The IS and HS are two separate models. In the U.S. we'll have the HS, IS and ES, three separate entry level models. Come on Lexus sell the HS 250h in Europe and all over the whole entire world...
Old 01-13-09, 10:10 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
all this talk about the HS and the Corolla. Lets see exactly how much they are alike, cause i aint seeing it Courtesy of thepassionatepursuit.com

and ill throw in the current IS because i think the side profile looks like the HS too

disregarding measurements, the HS looks too similar to the corolla profile.

the IS looks much much much sleeker.

Originally Posted by ffpower
^^^ Dang that new Prius looks good!

By the way, I think I know what's wrong with the HS250h, can you say...

FRONT OVERHANG

Can someone with skills do a quick chop to move the front wheel forward a bit and see how it will look?
moved forward a bit. not any better IMO.

and due to platform sharing, they can't move the wheels forward on the HS, just like pontiac couldn't with the Asstek vs the Asstek concept.

the HS is the only car that has a short hood relative to the rest of the line up. and proportionally larger windows too.

Old 01-13-09, 10:24 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 01-13-09, 10:33 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack
The Jay Leno nose front overhang is SEXY indeed, just like the R8...

Old 01-13-09, 10:39 AM
avensis03
Driver School Candidate

I want to remind you of what I wrote on the second page of this thread. The HS won't come to Europe, but there will be a smaller Prius-based Lexus-hybrid in 2010 and that car will also be sold in Europe. The HS has the Camry Hybrid powertrain and is based on the Toyota Avensis platform.

The decision not to sell the HS in Europe is a huge mistake because it would easily be the most sold Lexus here, at least as long as the IS220d isn't available with an automatic transmission.

The most important thing is that the fact that the HS won't come to Europe and doesn't use the Prius engine proves that there will be another new Lexus Hybrid in 2010, a smaller car that is directly based on the Prius.

Lexus will sell a hybrid car based on the new Toyota Prius in Europe.

A new, larger dedicated hybrid model planned by Toyota's luxury brand will not come to Europe.

Karl Schlicht, Lexus Europe's president, said the larger hybrid's CO2 emissions would be too high for European buyers.

European sales of the Prius-based hybrid will start in 2010, a Lexus official said.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2008...310029916/1130
Old 01-13-09, 11:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by avensis03
I want to remind you of what I wrote on the second page of this thread. The HS won't come to Europe, but there will be a smaller Prius-based Lexus-hybrid in 2010 and that car will also be sold in Europe. The HS has the Camry Hybrid powertrain and is based on the Toyota Avensis platform.

The decision not to sell the HS in Europe is a huge mistake because it would easily be the most sold Lexus here, at least as long as the IS220d isn't available with an automatic transmission.

The most important thing is that the fact that the HS won't come to Europe and doesn't use the Prius engine proves that there will be another new Lexus Hybrid in 2010, a smaller car that is directly based on the Prius.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2008...310029916/1130

Take a bow, you were correct Of course I would know what Lexus is doing in Europe, even if you live in Europe and I don't

Good call! Well maybe a small hybrid hatch is coming as you stated.
Old 01-13-09, 12:28 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

look what I found:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....teriors_29.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....teriors_28.jpg

Quick Reply: Lexus HS 250h...revealed Jan. 11