HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-19, 07:32 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Touching the start button with the key just means the keyfob battery is weak. Not sure what to make of the OBD readings, but I'd have the seller get it fixed first, or at least let you take it to a shop to get inspected (which I would do before buying any used car). Places around me charge $75-$100 to inspect a used car - seems like a good investment.
Old 09-15-19, 09:18 AM
Erockz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Touching the start button with the key just means the keyfob battery is weak. Not sure what to make of the OBD readings, but I'd have the seller get it fixed first, or at least let you take it to a shop to get inspected (which I would do before buying any used car). Places around me charge $75-$100 to inspect a used car - seems like a good investment.

I might buy this car tomorrow. I Will have to get a new transmition because of the recall/ Is this a good or bad thing? I mean I think its a good thing because I get a new tranny but I dont know.

also, parts. Im scared. the car hasnt been sold in the US for almost a decade. They say we can use camry parts? I couldnt find anyone to confirm if this is the case.

can we change the grill of our 2010 to look like 2013? The 2013 HS250 looks looks nice
Old 09-16-19, 05:06 AM
Magellan55

Originally Posted by Erockz
I might buy this car tomorrow. I Will have to get a new transmition because of the recall/ Is this a good or bad thing? I mean I think its a good thing because I get a new tranny but I dont know.

also, parts. Im scared. the car hasnt been sold in the US for almost a decade. They say we can use camry parts? I couldnt find anyone to confirm if this is the case.

can we change the grill of our 2010 to look like 2013? The 2013 HS250 looks looks nice
Buying any decade old used car is a risk, but personally I don't see the HS250h being any more of a risk than say a 2010 IS250. Both cars are no longer "sold", as the new gen IS250 is completely different, so there's no difference in parts availability. The drive train is the same as the Camry hybrid, which is the reference to shared parts. So things like oil filters will be the same. But suspension, interior parts are unique. There were some threads on how to import the parts from Japan for the 2013 HS, but my guess is you'll pay more for them than you are paying for this car. If the car you are buying hasn't had the recall and is due for it, yes you should have that done - I don't see a downside and don't recall hearing of any bad experiences from it.

Good luck! It's been a great car for me, now with ~125k miles on it. Still on factory brake pads!
Old 09-16-19, 05:24 AM
joefl7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had to touch the key to the start button to get it started

Originally Posted by Erockz
I went to go look at the one I wanted, for some reason I had to touch the start button with the key to turn the car on. but I drove another one and it wasnt like this, also it said check oil system when I turned it on and the odb2 code reader looked like this. is this normal? I dont want to buy a lemon.
If you had to touch the key to the start button to get it started, it means the battery in the remote control is dead. A simple fix, replace the battery in the remote control. Hope this helps.If you had to touch the key to the start button to get it started, it means the battery in the remote control is dead. A simple fix, replace the battery in the remote control. Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-19, 06:43 PM
level2hard
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got my JDM 2011 HS on Friday. Upgraded from a 2nd Gen Base Prius.

1. Premium
2. Navigation - Yes
3. Exterior - Obsidian (Black), Interior Color - 2 tone black and brown (??)
4. 18"
5. Wide View front monitor, Heated/Cooled front seats, rear sunshade, voice assist, TV tuner inbuilt

The following 2 users liked this post by level2hard:
Derek904 (03-31-20), Trexus (11-06-19)
Old 03-15-20, 07:42 PM
Derek904
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recently bought and love my 2010 HS 250h

Hello to all,

New to Lexus platform in general and enjoying so far... Was previously working with Honda/Acura platform.

2010 Premium model
Exterior: Front/rear tint, chrome window pillars,
rear roof spoiler, hid headlights, led rear license
plate bulbs
Interior: Led light upgrade(dome, doors, map etc.)
Junction Produce headrest and pillow, vip style curtains, Broadway mirror, Alpine amplifier w/
10 inch Memphis subwoofer

Next planning to custom wrap roof in gloss black, upgrade wheels and possibly RS-R lowering springs

​​​
​​​​
Old 03-28-20, 08:32 PM
Derek904
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 06-07-20, 04:41 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New owner

I totaled my 2008 Lexus IS250 2 weeks ago. I actually was looking for another IS250 but while searching I ran into a 2010 HS250. At first, I was a little nervous about purchase an old hybird. But after Toyota of Glenburnie gave me the ok on the pre purchase inspection. I decide to purchase.

2010 LEXUS HS250

NAVI

EXTERIOR = DARK GREY/INTERIOR = BLACK

All the services and recalls have been done on the vehicle.

Quick question to all previous owners…do you think I should purchase extended warranty? $2500

Last edited by rogers2; 06-07-20 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-07-20, 05:57 PM
Magellan55

Congrats! I was torn between the IS250 and HS250 back in 2010 - both good cars for slightly different reasons. I only have 125K on mine, but so far she still drives well, nothing wrong. I'm handing it to my daughters for high school and college.

Extended warranties are basically insurance. Are you willing to pay a premium (they make a profit on these warranties) up front for peace of mind that you'll never get a surprise $5000 bill later? Read the fine print - what's the deductible, what does it cover, how many times can it be used, etc. The car likely has a new transmission from the recall, so that's one major expense you probably don't need to worry about. Toyota engines are pretty bullet-proof and should be good to 200K assuming it's been serviced. The battery is similar to the Prius ones, which have been very robust even those from 2004. Likely the battery will just weaken slowly over time, and not even be noticeable / worth replacing. This is a hybrid, not an EV. I think you're mainly up against electrical issues like the nav system / screen, which could be costly.

Still, $2500 (plus deductibles) should cover several repairs, if you decide to self-insure and just put it in the bank instead. And that's also probably 25% or more of what you paid for the car - would you even spend much more than that to repair an old car to begin with? So in reality, you'd be insuring against something you wouldn't spend $$ on anyway.
The following users liked this post:
epicurean (07-29-20)
Old 05-01-21, 05:17 PM
Zippylexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premium
Nav
Silver/Grey Black Leather
18: Wheels
98k Mile at time of purchase

Purchased in Dec 2019 from a friend in So Cal. Flew down from Seattle Wa, Drove it back next two days. First Hybrid and first Lexus. Very Please with my purchase.
Old 01-05-22, 01:09 PM
PeterP
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking to buy a used HS250h

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy HS250h with premium package, what is the average price for them today? If someone is going sell his car, please write to me, it is allowed with damage. I look at the copart, but there are bad photos and little information about the equipment.
Old 01-06-22, 06:55 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,155 Likes on 986 Posts

Do some searching on cars.com and autotrader.com and carmax.com

The price is higher now, mid-teens for a good one as are the prices for all used cars. Good Luck car hunting.

Premium models have the 18 inch wheels and Navigation.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/result...ice_min=&makes=lexus&maximum_distance=150&mileage_max=&models=lexus-hs_250h&page_size=20&sort=best_match_desc&stock_type=used&year_max=&year_min=&zip=22310

Old 01-14-22, 10:54 AM
PeterP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Do some searching on cars.com and autotrader.com and carmax.com

The price is higher now, mid-teens for a good one as are the prices for all used cars. Good Luck car hunting.

Premium models have the 18 inch wheels and Navigation.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/result...ice_min=&makes=lexus&maximum_distance=150&mileage_max=&models=lexus-hs_250h&page_size=20&sort=best_match_desc&stock_type=used&year_max=&year_min=&zip=22310
Thanks, just bought 2010 HS250h premium from auction, front and rear cams, and I don't know if it is fully loaded or not? Adaptive cruise, LKA ? now I only see pics, waiting for delivery... So want to know what extras installed.

Old 01-14-22, 11:07 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

As far as I can see from the picture it appears that your car does not have the Mark Levinson stereo.
The following users liked this post:
Jesseskillz (05-06-24)
Old 02-22-22, 02:53 PM
SonoraPete
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I'm Robert, live in Tucson, just bought a 2010 HS, pearl, tan interior.. 138k. I have the service records and it seems to have had a front end problem still unresolved. (Previous owner(s) were replacing the front tires every 20k) And yes, I have squeaks and rattles coming from the front suspension. I have a service appointment scheduled with an indy this week.
Just curious if others have had front end issues.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE