HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-22, 08:45 AM
Showcoach9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello- Better late than Never!

Hello, my wife and I have had our 2010 Lexus HS250h since 2012 and we have never been stranded by this car. Thanks to this forum I was able to complete front strut assembly, rear shocks, and front brake pad replacement! Aside from that maintenance, we have only replaced the tires, changed the oil and replaced the 12v battery.

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. Premium
2. Navigation
3. Exterior - White Pearl and interior Color- Grey and black
4. Which wheel selection (18s)
5. 2010 w/156,000 miles

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
Old 07-28-22, 05:50 AM
tarheel250
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 HS 250h

Charcoal with gunmetal leather,
18" premium wheels
Performance tires
New gel battery
228k miles
Everything working in excellent condition like a Lexus should...
except a minor issue/small setback..
(Dixie) Trickle forgot to run the car with oil in the engine.
It's July, could have at least sprayed some Hawaiian tropic under the hood, on the hood, through the grill maybe.
Onward.

Last edited by tarheel250; 07-28-22 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Pics
Old 07-30-23, 07:11 PM
Jesseskillz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NEW member 2011 hs 250h

Hi everyone i am a new member to the forum , and let me say that this is my first car forum ever. I know i will be learning a lot here about my 2011 lexus hs250. Thank god that there is a section for us hs 250 owners. There is not much information about these car's anywhere. But that's good i came here. Well here goes some my pic's i have to show you guys'. (more pic's on they way as soon as i start to upgrade) Speaking of upgrade i was thinking getting some after market wheel's , and maybe lowering the car a bit. I also was thinking about adding the navigation screen with the little mouse i seen on eaby for sale. But then i would ask if that is even possible maybe you could share your expertise. There is still much more i want to do to make this car look extra nice. And i know i know o lot of people are going to say why. Why waste your time and money on a hs250. And my answer to them is because no one else has this car where iam from at least. Well hope you guys could school me a bit. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_20230612_172247873_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by Jesseskillz; 07-30-23 at 07:18 PM. Reason: new member
Old 07-31-23, 02:29 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to our exclusive club! She looks beautiful. While i've never tried to upgrade my system to add nav, having taken the center console apart and seeing the diagrams of both I'd say it's pretty involved with a lot of pieces being different. it's not just adding a screen and mouse. how many miles on it?
The following users liked this post:
Trexus (07-31-23)
Old 07-31-23, 03:24 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,172 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Welcome to CL. I agree with Magellan55 that it is probably impossible or at least extremely difficult and expensive to add navigation with the screen and mouse.
You probably have a different wiring harness than the Nav model. It would require a gut and replacement of the dash. It would be cheaper to sell yours and find a premium model.
Having said that, the Lexus Navigation is terrible and they stopped updating this model years ago. You are better off using your phone and bluetooth etc.

Regarding wheels, you probably have the 17 inch wheels. If you want to go to 18 inch, the ride will be stiffer and your mileage may suffer. You can find the 18 inch wheels used on ebay or craigslist. I need to check the specs but suspect the wheels from some other Toyota and Lexus models will fit perfectly.

Please read through the forum and use the search feature as it works quite well.

FYI this car uses the Camry engine and most of its hybrid system.
The following users liked this post:
Trexus (07-31-23)
Old 08-02-23, 04:30 PM
Jesseskillz
Driver School Candidate

hey guys thanks for the reply. I thought so i figured that it was from the same company it would be no problem , but i guess i was wrong. thanks for the heads up. My mile's on this car is 107,000. I bought it at a car auction for $7 gran out the door . It runs smooth i love that i just put 20 dollars for gas about 2 weeks ago and i still have half a tank left. I took it to pep boys for a oil change. I wanted the whole tune up but they said no need she looks good as is. About the rims is aftermarket going to be a bad idea? I mean i seen this car modified ,and let me tell you it looks really good. But i mostly seen it modified in japan my respect's to japan they get down with modding. I dont want nothing extreme just a little bit here and there.
Old 08-02-23, 04:54 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,172 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Tune ups went away over 30 years ago. Now it is mileage based maintenance. Look at your owners manual. Or join the Lexus Drivers Site (free) then enter your VIN to see the owners manuals, and the maintenance schedule. You can also find the dealer service history. https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/account/create-account

The only other maintenance items I would do are as follows:
Check-change engine air filter - very easy look at youtube
check-change the cabin air filter - again very easy look at youtube. it is the same as almost every other Toyota or Lexus.
The brake fluid should be changed every 3 years. Cost is under $150
Also get the brake caliper slide pins cleaned and lubricated. This should cost less than an hour labor.
Brake pads can last over 100,000 miles on this vehicle.
Spark plugs are not needed to be changed until over 120,000 miles. On this car this is an easy 20 minute job for any mechanic.
Change the transmission fluid every 50,000 miles. (it is not really a transmission, Toyota calls it a power transfer unit. It only holds about 4 quarts and changing it is an easy drain and fill until the fluid comes out the fill hole.
I suggest you find a good independent Toyota or hybrid shop instead of going to Pep Boys. You can use this link to find shops recommended by listeners of the old Car Talk radio show. https://www.cartalk.com/mechanics-files
Cross check them on Google and Yelp.
Enjoy your new ride.
Wheels have to have the OEM 60.1 mm hub bore to fit properly. The offset is 35mm although a little variation is okay. Read the main forum page for wheel discussions. If it were my car and the tires were okay I would wait as wheels and tires will cost over $1500. That is a lot for a cosmetic change on a 16 year old car. There are many nicer looking Toyota and Lexus wheels from other models that would fit. There are many used sets on craigslist or ebay or wheelcollision.com where you can trade in your old wheels.

Last edited by Clutchless; 08-02-23 at 04:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Clutchless:
billw012pdx (04-04-24), Trexus (08-03-23)
Old 08-09-23, 05:08 PM
Jesseskillz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info I will look into that