HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 03:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice pictures and sharp color!
Old 04-11-10, 09:17 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Argelius
I posted these in my "will my car ever arrive" thread, but thought I'd put them here where they probably belong.

I picked up my Mica Grey/Black 2010 HS 250h last night. It was a special order since I couldn't live without the Mark Levinson system -- I'm glad I held out, for the stereo is definitely the best I've ever had in any car. It's got every single option on it (LED headlights, Nav, Keep Lane Assist, etc).

So far (after 12 hours...) I'm pleased. Still trying to learn to navigate the iPod, Satellite, and DVD-A controls. Love the mouse thing, but the user-interface leaves much to be desired -- very unintuitive (but I love figuring things out and this wasn't a surprise).
Very nice. I really enjoy mine. Congrats!
Old 04-13-10, 12:24 PM
LXTACY
Driver School Candidate

Just picked it up Thursday, love it!
Old 04-13-10, 06:56 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Very sharp!
Old 04-13-10, 10:08 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Originally Posted by LXTACY

Just picked it up Thursday, love it!
Very nice! Do you drive it in NYC? Give some thought to getting the wheels chromed and windows tinted! I did that to mine. Photos are on a thread with my psoccer555 name on it!
Old 04-14-10, 07:05 AM
LXTACY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by psoccer555
Very nice! Do you drive it in NYC? Give some thought to getting the wheels chromed and windows tinted! I did that to mine. Photos are on a thread with my psoccer555 name on it!
Thanks! I already tinted the windows Monday and am getting a pinstripe put on probably this Monday coming up. I am thinking of a blue line to match the blue in the Lexus logo and a light gray. As for chromes I'm not sure, Lexus wants to much so I'd have to call this place in Mineola that usually does them for a reasonable price (they order the chromes then take yours back) but since the car is so new I'm not sure if they could get them yet.

I love the light interior w/dark exterior, my SC was like that and got a lot of compliments. Could you do me a favor and take a side picture of your car from a little further away? I want to see how the chromes look from a distance if its not a hassle.
Old 04-14-10, 02:11 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Originally Posted by LXTACY
Thanks! I already tinted the windows Monday and am getting a pinstripe put on probably this Monday coming up. I am thinking of a blue line to match the blue in the Lexus logo and a light gray. As for chromes I'm not sure, Lexus wants to much so I'd have to call this place in Mineola that usually does them for a reasonable price (they order the chromes then take yours back) but since the car is so new I'm not sure if they could get them yet.

I love the light interior w/dark exterior, my SC was like that and got a lot of compliments. Could you do me a favor and take a side picture of your car from a little further away? I want to see how the chromes look from a distance if its not a hassle.
I'd be happy to do the picture on the side view. I can do it asap from my phone. Do you have a personal email or mobile number where I can send it so I don't fumble around with loading it here. I haven't quite mastered that yet without help.

One other thought....I also added a clear bra to the front of my car. I had that done on my RX and IS too and it saves on millions of rock chips.

Lastly, I had the dealership chrome my wheels. It cost me more I'm sure but I got a 5yr warranty from them on the chroming.

*****My Personal email address is psoccer555@***.net**********

Last edited by psoccer555; 04-14-10 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-30-10, 08:19 PM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my Lemon '07 ES350 for a new '10 HS250h. I was going to do a special order and get it fully loaded with the Mark Levinson audio and LED headlights since I really want those features, but a combination of the Memorial Day weekend discounts & 0.9% financing and a lack of patience to wait 5 months for delivery made me buy now. I'm glad I did. Although the stereo is marginal, it's noticeably better than the stock system my ES had, and the far superior quality of this car over my previous piston-slapping rattle box with its herky-jerky transaxle makes the HS a true pleasure to drive. The only thing I really miss about the ES is its stronger acceleration when merging.

I bought a star fire pearl (white) HS with beige interior. Despite the abundance of hard plastic inside, it actually looks very nice IMHO.
Old 05-30-10, 11:09 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Congrats on the choice. I've had mine since the early January and I'm enjoying the ride, comfort and gadgets on it. I've got pix on a different thread so you can check it out. I've had the 04 RX330 and 07 IS250 and my HS has been as enjoyable. The exterior styling and innovative interior, IMO, makes the HS stand out. Enjoy!
Old 05-31-10, 05:47 AM
acheparev
Driver

Got my self an HS in smoky grey with grey leather and premium package. Was wondering if anyone in the New York area (Brooklyn preferably) has tinted their windows and where. I'd like to get mine tinted but not sure where to go, all the horror stories of bubbles and bad trimming are keeping me from going out and doing it just anywhere.
Old 05-31-10, 12:22 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Originally Posted by YotaCarFan
I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my Lemon '07 ES350 for a new '10 HS250h. I was going to do a special order and get it fully loaded with the Mark Levinson audio and LED headlights since I really want those features, but a combination of the Memorial Day weekend discounts & 0.9% financing and a lack of patience to wait 5 months for delivery made me buy now. I'm glad I did. Although the stereo is marginal, it's noticeably better than the stock system my ES had, and the far superior quality of this car over my previous piston-slapping rattle box with its herky-jerky transaxle makes the HS a true pleasure to drive. The only thing I really miss about the ES is its stronger acceleration when merging.

I bought a star fire pearl (white) HS with beige interior. Despite the abundance of hard plastic inside, it actually looks very nice IMHO.
Here is the thread to look at of my pix. 2010 HS250h/Premium Loaded Photos or you can go to search and type in psoccer555. I chromed the wheels and tinted the windows. It is Black Opal Mica with the parchment interior.
Old 05-31-10, 04:01 PM
toronaga
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=YotaCarFan;5529834]

"I bought a star fire pearl (white) HS with beige interior. Despite the abundance of hard plastic inside, it actually looks very nice IMHO."

I like the way that the chrome on the HS accents the starfire color, good choice !
Old 06-01-10, 06:57 PM
Magellan55

Congrats! I like the beige interior - so much cooler in the summer than the black interior on my last car. The light gray is nice too - had trouble deciding between them.
Old 06-03-10, 08:24 PM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oddly, despite all the negative opinions online (myself included) about the car's styling, I get nothing but compliments about how sharp looking this car is. The styling is starting to grow on me too (thank goodness, considering I'll be living with it for awhile).
Old 06-04-10, 07:22 AM
Magellan55

Agreed - it's different and funky without being "in your face green". But I wouldn't call it sexy.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE