HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

HS250 Navigation Override?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09, 02:31 PM
brunla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS250 Navigation Override?

Does anybody know how to do the navigation Override on the newer generation software for the 2010 HS?

Used be able to do the Volume, left Corner, Bottom corner thing on my '06 IS, but there is no volume option anymore...

Help!
Old 11-02-09, 04:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

There is none at this time sorry.
Old 11-02-09, 07:14 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brunla
Does anybody know how to do the navigation Override on the newer generation software for the 2010 HS?

Used be able to do the Volume, left Corner, Bottom corner thing on my '06 IS, but there is no volume option anymore...

Help!
No need if you have the "Lexus Enform™ offers Destination Assist, eDestination"
Had this demonstrated and I was amazed at what can be done while in motion.
Old 11-03-09, 06:28 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by herbvdh
No need if you have the "Lexus Enform™ offers Destination Assist, eDestination"
Had this demonstrated and I was amazed at what can be done while in motion.
Is that like OnStar where you have to talk to an "operator"?
Old 11-03-09, 02:40 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Argelius
Is that like OnStar where you have to talk to an "operator"?
Not familiar with OnStar but you speak with a person. Then your route is loaded into your GPS.
Old 11-29-09, 04:58 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brunla

Help!
I had a loaner HS250h from Wednesday to Saturday AM so I decided to play with the GPS while doing 60 MPH I pressed a button on the steering wheel spoke "destination" car replied "Do you want destination assist?" me "Yes" car "Contacting destination assist" A man came on just like on the phone introduced himself then asked where I needed to go. Gave address he told me to click something in the middle of the screen "I forgot maybe OK" He asked if I needed anything else and we thanked each other and my GPS was marked out etc. where to go. THIS ALL AT 60+ MPH...

Last edited by herbvdh; 11-29-09 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-30-09, 03:39 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by herbvdh
A man came on just like on the phone introduced himself then asked where I needed to go.
Am I the only one that doesn't find OnStar....er....Lexus Enform terribly appealing? I would rather be able to fully use the Navigation system (which I'd already paid for) when and how I want, rather than having to place a phone call (not to mention pay $264/year which doesn't include XM).
Old 11-30-09, 11:25 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The voice command works really well in this new generation. It is actually very easy to use and it recognizes strange street names. Destination assist really helps if you want to find a special location or find a POI that is not in your data base.
Steve
Old 12-01-09, 04:26 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

This issue remains a sticking point for me (not so much for the Nav destination input as the iPod functions - such as song information - that are greyed out during motion). I can do all those things with my current car (Audi A4) so losing that functionality would feel like a set back. (For me there's psychology involved in the decision to get an HS since I have a perfectly good car...which has rarely stopped me from trading one before...but I digress).

I came across this permanent solution to the issue. Curious if anyone has any experience with this (in the HS or other car):
http://www.prestigioussociety.com/le...-override.html

if this is a viable solution, it might just push me over the edge into HS-Purchaseland.
Old 12-01-09, 10:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Actually with the Gen 6 NAV, you can see song titles and access songs/playlists and such from your IPOD or even song listings for satellite radio.
Old 12-01-09, 12:13 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Actually with the Gen 6 NAV, you can see song titles and access songs/playlists and such from your IPOD or even song listings for satellite radio.
Cool. Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding. I'm going for a test drive on Saturday, so will have to check these things out in detail...
Old 12-01-09, 02:46 PM
iralynn
Driver School Candidate

I have installed the override in my 2010 rx 350. it is perfect. The instructions were right on, and the support is great even on weekends.
Old 12-02-09, 11:48 PM
tonyscv
Driver

Keep in mind that you can also load in your destinations from your computer. Look up where you want to go online and then upload it to your car. When you get in your car, the destinations will be loaded in your NAV unit and you're ready to go.
Old 01-01-10, 09:27 AM
rickpoole
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Navigation System

We recently leased a 2010 HS250h and drove it from Dallas to Florida and back for Christmas. The prior years we drove our 2007 Acura TL. Due to the short time in obtaining the HS250h we didn't have time to get the override module from PrestigiousSociety before the trip. After doing the same trip in both cars here are our observations:

1. The Acura user interface is far, far more user friendly and intuitive. Being a professional software architect/designer the Lexus interface reminds me of how we did software 10-20 years ago while the Acura is more indicative of today's interfaces. To give you an example - I want to go to a destination I've stored in the address book. With the Lexus I have to chose "goto" before I chose the address book entry. Once at the address book entry I can't do any other function other than "goto" it. I have to back out a few levels and choose another function, like "edit". With the Acura you choose the address book entry and they choose whether to "goto" or "edit". To do another function only requires canceling or completing the current function and then selecting the next function.

2. In the Acura you can do any function at any time - regardless! With the Lexus you have to be stopped to do many of the functions. While driving with the Acura we want to search along the route for hotels and call them to see which are available and their rates. It is easy to locate, choose, and call. With the Lexus you can't even do this without the override and with the override it take almost twice as many commands to accomplish the same thing as with the Acura navigation unit. Using the Destination Assist somewhat worked but was much slower and awkward and many times we had to repeat things over and over to get them right.

3. I've never had the Acura navigation unit send us the wrong way or on a bad route. But, in driving to Florida and back once in the Lexus there were three times it told us to take the wrong route - one time leaving Baton Rouge to head west on I-12 from Airline drive it told us to take I-12 East. Fortunately we knew it was I-12 West and the signs made it clear. Once we turned onto I-12 West it corrected itself.

4. It is much easier to alter the route once underway in the Acura. With the Lexus it seemed almost impossible and I'm not sure if having the override module will correct it.

Otherwise the car was great - averaging 32-36 mpg while driving 75-80 mph all on regular. Much better than the 27-28 in my TL on premium. Ride was a little smoother and quieter than my TL was and we could put almost as much stuff in the car as with my TL. While it Florida it was a big hit with everyone that looked at it. We had numerous people slow down to take a better look and quite a few people stop and ask a lot of questions about it.

I've also driven the 2009 and 2010 Acura TLs with the new Navtech navigation system and it is even better. If Lexus had choosen to use this nav system the combination would have been unbeatable.
Old 01-01-10, 12:26 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

I have to agree with Rick. I think Lexus dropped the ball with upgrading their Nav system. I had it in an RX about 6 years ago and from what I've seen, it's only undergone minor enhancements.

I wish Lexus would pay Apple to design the the UI for their infotainment systems...