HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Sigh...my delivery date has been pushed back 2-3 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-10, 09:29 AM
tonyscv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Argelius
Well, now you've done it and got me all intrigued about this option.

While I'm definitely impatient, I'm probably not going to drive from Chicago to Delaware or Texas to get the car. But I might ask my dealer to do a search to see what's available for a dealer trade...
It's about what ... ~850 miles to drive to any of those places? 11 hours drive isn't too bad. Besides, by the time you drive it home, your 1,000 mile break-in period will be almost over!

Sewell Lexus in Dallas is great to deal with. I believe they have a Red/Black one that's loaded.
Old 02-12-10, 03:34 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Well, I went to the auto show last night and am pleased I didn't come away with (seriously) wanting any car other than the HS.

BMW: My last BMW was a 3-series which hasn't changed enough yet for me to want a new one. Liked the 3-series AWD coupe, though.

Mercedes: call me a retard (sorry, Ms Palin...), but their new design "theme" makes all the cars look like Chrysler Sebrings.

Infiniti: Really like the G 37 (awd) coupe. And there's some pretty good gadgetry inside. Almost want to test drive one, but the needlessly crappy mileage bugs me. The 2011 M interior looks amazing; exterior is a little bland (especially the grille). EX - like it, but I've already gotten the SUV-thing out of my system.

Audi: have an A4 now which I want to get rid of (incredibly trouble-prone). Generally nice cars, tho.

Acura: some nice interiors, but that big beak-like grille bugs me. Loved the ZDX though. Would be tempted for a test drive, although it sucks gas.

Jaguar: omg their cars are gorgeous -- inside and out. But they are all RWD which is a dealbreaker for me (for snow, got to have either FWD or AWD, since I'm too lazy to deal with snow tires). They are probably a bit out of my price range in any event. But gorgeous.

Lexus: it had been a while since I sat in an LS. Gorgeous cabin. Love the LCD virtual speedometer area. Bigger car than I'd like. ES - Camry, yawn. IS - like the outside, find the inside dated. GS - had a GSh as my last car. Loved it, but RWD. And other than dropping the cassette player (finally!), the interior is identical.

Ford: was totally blown away with the quality and gadget-content of their interiors. The fusion is just too family sedan boring for me, but if they come up with something a little more sporty/funky with all the luxo gadgets, would definitely consider.

Cadillac: had the CTS coupe be available now (with the supposed AWD option), I'd have probably bought one on the spot, crappy mileage be dammed. Gorgeous, cool-looking car.

So, I'll wait today to see if my dealer can locate any HS's with ML, or just wait for Lexus to start HS production again. I'm so pathetic with delayed gratification...
Old 02-12-10, 02:10 PM
tonyscv
Driver

My last car was an Infiniti EX - outstanding vehicle. Tight rear seat, but it has one of the best looking interiors of any "baby" SUV, bar none. Sadly, it's not selling well so I don't expect it to last long. The "around view" monitor was the best parking assistance invention I've ever seen, and the car was squeak and rattle free. IPod integration is excellent as well. Terrific, terrific car.
Old 02-13-10, 08:22 AM
LexFather

Well, I went to the auto show last night and am pleased I didn't come away with (seriously) wanting any car other than the HS.

BMW: My last BMW was a 3-series which hasn't changed enough yet for me to want a new one. Liked the 3-series AWD coupe, though.

Mercedes: call me a retard (sorry, Ms Palin...), but their new design "theme" makes all the cars look like Chrysler Sebrings.

Infiniti: Really like the G 37 (awd) coupe. And there's some pretty good gadgetry inside. Almost want to test drive one, but the needlessly crappy mileage bugs me. The 2011 M interior looks amazing; exterior is a little bland (especially the grille). EX - like it, but I've already gotten the SUV-thing out of my system.

Audi: have an A4 now which I want to get rid of (incredibly trouble-prone). Generally nice cars, tho.

Acura: some nice interiors, but that big beak-like grille bugs me. Loved the ZDX though. Would be tempted for a test drive, although it sucks gas.

Jaguar: omg their cars are gorgeous -- inside and out. But they are all RWD which is a dealbreaker for me (for snow, got to have either FWD or AWD, since I'm too lazy to deal with snow tires). They are probably a bit out of my price range in any event. But gorgeous.

Lexus: it had been a while since I sat in an LS. Gorgeous cabin. Love the LCD virtual speedometer area. Bigger car than I'd like. ES - Camry, yawn. IS - like the outside, find the inside dated. GS - had a GSh as my last car. Loved it, but RWD. And other than dropping the cassette player (finally!), the interior is identical.

Ford: was totally blown away with the quality and gadget-content of their interiors. The fusion is just too family sedan boring for me, but if they come up with something a little more sporty/funky with all the luxo gadgets, would definitely consider.

Cadillac: had the CTS coupe be available now (with the supposed AWD option), I'd have probably bought one on the spot, crappy mileage be dammed. Gorgeous, cool-looking car.

So, I'll wait today to see if my dealer can locate any HS's with ML, or just wait for Lexus to start HS production again. I'm so pathetic with delayed gratification...
Pretty fair review.
Old 02-17-10, 10:07 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Praise The Japanese! Just got this from my salesguy:

I've got great news today!!!* Your car was built, now just waiting on the shipment confirmation.* As I know more, I'll let you know.

I'm going to go start picking out the floormats and fuzzy dice now!
Old 02-18-10, 06:36 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Praise The Japanese! Just got this from my salesguy:

I've got great news today!!!* Your car was built, now just waiting on the shipment confirmation.* As I know more, I'll let you know.

I'm going to go start picking out the floormats and fuzzy dice now!
hahaha I can't wait for pics. If the car was built, how long will it take to ship? 2 weeks? more?
Old 02-18-10, 06:48 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by (Cj)
hahaha I can't wait for pics. If the car was built, how long will it take to ship? 2 weeks? more?
I don't have a clue at this point. (Hopefully some knowledgeable person will chime in and educate me). I'm hoping they aren't holding it until they implement the braking software fix....
Old 02-18-10, 02:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Depending on how backed up the port is, general rule of thumb is 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 02-18-10, 02:33 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Depending on how backed up the port is, general rule of thumb is 2 to 3 weeks.
Oh, gawd. I can't wait that long.
Old 02-26-10, 05:48 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

I know this probably isn't the most interesting thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of "tracking information" Lexus for my dealers about cards they have on order. For my HS, evidently the only information the dealer has is that it has been manufactured with no more specific information about when you will be transported. I'm sure the dealer is telling me everything they know for they would have no reason to hide information from me.

I'm just incredibly impatient and remember when I ordered a BMW many moons ago the "progress reports" were much more frequent and more detailed. I think I need to take a Valium.
Old 02-26-10, 06:13 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

I know this probably isn't the most interesting thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of "tracking information" Lexus for my dealers about cards they have on order. For my HS, evidently the only information the dealer has is that it has been manufactured with no more specific information about when you will be transported. I'm sure the dealer is telling me everything they know for they would have no reason to hide information from me.

I'm just incredibly impatient and remember when I ordered a BMW many moons ago the "progress reports" were much more frequent and more detailed. I think I need to take a Valium.
I can't answer your question, but the more you talk about, your dealer seems really crappy...
Old 03-09-10, 03:21 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Car is now at the port (in Japan), awaiting transport for "expected April delivery". Ugh.
Old 03-22-10, 04:16 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

I can't imagine anyone really cares about the status of *my* delivery, but heard from the sales guy last week that he received an VIN number for my car. Hoping this is a good sign. I hoping I'm still not looking at 4 more weeks....
Old 03-22-10, 08:07 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Just for comparison, I recall waiting about 10 weeks for my Saab after ordering it. Took a few weeks just to clear customs once it hit the port here. So what you're going through is probably typical.
Old 03-26-10, 07:39 AM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC, it takes about 2-3 weeks for a car to travel from Japan to an East Coast US dealer. The ES I bought a few years ago was built sometime in July and was on the dealer's lot around the 20th of August.

Last edited by YotaCarFan; 03-26-10 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Sigh...my delivery date has been pushed back 2-3 weeks