HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Sigh...my delivery date has been pushed back 2-3 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 10:42 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sigh...my delivery date has been pushed back 2-3 weeks

My salesguy emailed me to let me know the delivery date for my HS has been pushed back 2-3 weeks -- Now mid-to-late March. (Order was placed on December 11th).

I'm sooo bad with delayed gratification. And all this because Lexus doesn't want anyone in the US to have an HS with Mark Levinson...
Old 01-25-10, 10:46 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

I hope that it'll be worth your wait
Old 01-27-10, 02:59 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

I'm guessing the delay has something to do with Toyota's massive problems with their stuck accelerators. They are probably having to divert all resources to fix that problem...
Old 01-27-10, 09:24 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Argelius
I'm guessing the delay has something to do with Toyota's massive problems with their stuck accelerators. They are probably having to divert all resources to fix that problem...
The recall has nothing to do with Japanese made Toyota or Lexus. I'm guessing your allocation got pushed back due to production allocation and the high demand in Japan.
Old 01-27-10, 11:17 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

despite the delay, you'll have a grand time with the HS. and though redundant, there are no Japanese manufactured Toyota or Lexus vehicles affected by the recall. anything not with a "J" on the VIN are the ones that may need fixing- i think thats correct.
Old 01-27-10, 11:30 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Thanks, bnizzle. I was just figuring Toyota was devoting all its resources to fixing this serious situation. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my delay, but have to ruminate on something since I'm really dying for the car.
Old 02-10-10, 12:33 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Well, given that Lexus has suspended production of the HS until they get the software fix for the brakes, I guess I'm going to be waiting even longer for mine. Alas, the bright side is that it will miss most of Chicago's winter once it finally arrives...
Old 02-10-10, 12:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Well, given that Lexus has suspended production of the HS until they get the software fix for the brakes, I guess I'm going to be waiting even longer for mine. Alas, the bright side is that it will miss most of Chicago's winter once it finally arrives...
Did you ask your dealer for any updates on production? Is it in process of manufacturing or has it been made and just waiting to be shipped?
Old 02-10-10, 12:51 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Did you ask your dealer for any updates on production? Is it in process of manufacturing or has it been made and just waiting to be shipped?
The dealer has been rather short on specifics (even before Toyota's problems came to light). It seems like their ability to know where the car is in production is rather limited. Previously their "guess" as to when it should arrive was very imprecise. I remember when I ordered a BMW several years ago, they could practically tell you what day the car was being painted and, ultimately, what container ship it is on.

Either Lexus simply doesn't provide that kind of detail, or my dealer is just being coy. In any event, ultimately I know it will arrive when it arrives, so there's no point in me badgering the dealer with questions.

I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show tomorrow. I'm hoping something else doesn't catch my eye! But I'm pretty set on the HS, so I think I'll be able to withstand temptation...
Old 02-10-10, 01:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The dealer has been rather short on specifics (even before Toyota's problems came to light). It seems like their ability to know where the car is in production is rather limited. Previously their "guess" as to when it should arrive was very imprecise. I remember when I ordered a BMW several years ago, they could practically tell you what day the car was being painted and, ultimately, what container ship it is on.

Either Lexus simply doesn't provide that kind of detail, or my dealer is just being coy. In any event, ultimately I know it will arrive when it arrives, so there's no point in me badgering the dealer with questions.

I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show tomorrow. I'm hoping something else doesn't catch my eye! But I'm pretty set on the HS, so I think I'll be able to withstand temptation...
If you're really interested, I can ask my contacts at Lexus to follow through. Send me a PM if you're willing.

You will see the VIP Auto Salon HS250h, which made it's debut in Detroit last month is on the show floor. Here's what the Lexus floor looks like at the show now (link courtesy of Autospies):

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/2...Auto-Show-151/

Old 02-10-10, 03:01 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Like most of that, but the wheels are way too ghetto for me...
Old 02-10-10, 04:08 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Just passing this on from my salesman in the event anyone else here is in the same boat.

"As of now the Lexus HS250h is on Stop Hold. They have not told us if there is a delay of right now, but I know they are re-flashing the computer's on all the HS250h and Prius vehicles. As I hear more, I'll pass it on."
Old 02-10-10, 04:22 PM
tonyscv
Driver

Sorry to hear that . Not sure if you want to wait it out... if not, there are a few HS250's with Levinson (only 3-4 nationwide) showing up in-stock on cars.com.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...rce=TRAIL_HEAD

(Ignore that one for 62k - clearly that's a data entry error of some sort.)

The ones in the $47-49k range almost always have everything. If you really need instant gratification and don't want to wait. There is a way.
Old 02-10-10, 08:16 PM
2toneGS
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
If you're really interested, I can ask my contacts at Lexus to follow through. Send me a PM if you're willing.

You will see the VIP Auto Salon HS250h, which made it's debut in Detroit last month is on the show floor. Here's what the Lexus floor looks like at the show now (link courtesy of Autospies):

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/2...Auto-Show-151/

wow that makes me wanna get rid of my gs for an hs
Old 02-11-10, 03:29 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tonyscv
Sorry to hear that . Not sure if you want to wait it out... if not, there are a few HS250's with Levinson (only 3-4 nationwide) showing up in-stock on cars.com.

The ones in the $47-49k range almost always have everything. If you really need instant gratification and don't want to wait. There is a way.
Well, now you've done it and got me all intrigued about this option.

While I'm definitely impatient, I'm probably not going to drive from Chicago to Delaware or Texas to get the car. But I might ask my dealer to do a search to see what's available for a dealer trade...

Quick Reply: Sigh...my delivery date has been pushed back 2-3 weeks