HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

2010 HS250h/Premium Loaded Photos

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10 | 03:29 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Originally Posted by playa3uhh
wow this thing looks pretty awesome. I was looking at lexusenthusiast.com and didn't realize that the HS is actually longer than the ISx50 (slightly). I wonder how this thing drives. Congrats on the car!
Thanks! It drives really quiet and smooth. It drives as nice as any other Lexus I've driven at the dealership. I'm real pleased with it despite all the hysteria and phobias around the world at the moment with Toyota/Lexus.
Old 03-10-10 | 03:33 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Originally Posted by ybing
OMG... Dark exterior and light interior~ perfect match... but... good luck on the cleaning part LOL, I had enough for 4 years
I'm a clean freak anyways when it comes to cars so it gets washed at least 1/week. I really liked the color when I bought it considering the day I went into buy my next Lexus, I was either going to get the IS, ISC or the HS and had no color in mind. No remorse in the aftermath luckily!
Old 03-13-10 | 10:18 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Great pics, looks great. Thanks!
Old 03-17-10 | 08:14 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear you are happy with your new Lexus. I haven't seen to many of them on the streets around here so I was wondering how they were selling. I can't until we get one in the shop that I can check out. Enjoy!
Old 03-17-10 | 10:56 AM
Magellan55

My dealer admitted they were having trouble selling them - had just about every color on the lot, with or without nav. Sales guy said they sold maybe 5 so far since they arrived in November, and Lexus was really pushing dealers to move them.

Seems to be two issues slowing HS sales - the Prius problems in the news, and they don't really know who the target market is. It's not an economy car like the Prius, and it's not a performance car like the IS / GS. Negative reviews haven't helped either.

I hadn't considered it (or any Lexus) at all until I drove past the dealership on my way to a Honda dealer and saw one out front in Matador Red - drew me in. I wasn't happy with my other options, so I decided to give the HS a try. I guess that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, but so far I'm not having buyers remorse. At least I'm driving a unique car (one of my criteria) - still haven't seen another on the road yet.
Old 03-17-10 | 01:39 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan55
My dealer admitted they were having trouble selling them - had just about every color on the lot, with or without nav. Sales guy said they sold maybe 5 so far since they arrived in November, and Lexus was really pushing dealers to move them.

Seems to be two issues slowing HS sales - the Prius problems in the news, and they don't really know who the target market is. It's not an economy car like the Prius, and it's not a performance car like the IS / GS. Negative reviews haven't helped either.

I hadn't considered it (or any Lexus) at all until I drove past the dealership on my way to a Honda dealer and saw one out front in Matador Red - drew me in. I wasn't happy with my other options, so I decided to give the HS a try. I guess that's not exactly a ringing endorsement, but so far I'm not having buyers remorse. At least I'm driving a unique car (one of my criteria) - still haven't seen another on the road yet.
What exactly were you considering buying from Honda, and what did your top 3 car list look like before you bought your HS?
Old 03-17-10 | 04:27 PM
Magellan55

I was looking for something fun to drive, not too big, a bit unique, fairly reliable, under $30K, and got around 30 mpg. Had to have a back seat to cart kids around. I checked out the Honda Fit and Civic Si, along with the Genesis coupe and Mazda 3, but didn't really like any of them. While testing the HS I also tried the IS250, but it just seemed like every other sedan out there. I even toyed with getting a used 911, but couldn't stomach the poor gas mileage. But it sure was a fun test drive

My top choices were the GTI / Audi A3. Really fun to drive, fast, and fuel efficient. But my wife and teen son both told me the GTI was too young for me, and the A3's center console annoyed my knee too much. Plus I didn't really like the colors they came in, and I've had a bad experience with a past VW product.

Nothing else seemed to fit my needs on paper (used Consumer Reports and Motor Trend reviews). And I needed something, as my 2001 Saab had been rear-ended and totaled so I was driving a rental. So I ended up with the HS, even though it blew my budget. I'd eventually like to own an electric car (Tesla sedan) or plug-in hybrid, so I thought maybe this would be a good transition.
Old 03-17-10 | 05:51 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan55
I was looking for something fun to drive, not too big, a bit unique, fairly reliable, under $30K, and got around 30 mpg. Had to have a back seat to cart kids around. I checked out the Honda Fit and Civic Si, along with the Genesis coupe and Mazda 3, but didn't really like any of them. While testing the HS I also tried the IS250, but it just seemed like every other sedan out there. I even toyed with getting a used 911, but couldn't stomach the poor gas mileage. But it sure was a fun test drive

My top choices were the GTI / Audi A3. Really fun to drive, fast, and fuel efficient. But my wife and teen son both told me the GTI was too young for me, and the A3's center console annoyed my knee too much. Plus I didn't really like the colors they came in, and I've had a bad experience with a past VW product.

Nothing else seemed to fit my needs on paper (used Consumer Reports and Motor Trend reviews). And I needed something, as my 2001 Saab had been rear-ended and totaled so I was driving a rental. So I ended up with the HS, even though it blew my budget. I'd eventually like to own an electric car (Tesla sedan) or plug-in hybrid, so I thought maybe this would be a good transition.
Wow that's amazing lol!

Congrats on the HS!
Old 04-02-10 | 10:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am loving the paint color. I have still never seen another HS in that color. The chrome wheels are the cherries on top. imo chrome is the only way to go when the car is dark colored.
Old 04-03-10 | 01:24 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

This car just moved right to the top of my wife and I's list. Now, to find one at a decent price. The mark-ups are NUTS in my area.