Mark Levinson in HS250?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 12:26 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Mark Levinson in HS250?

Hey all,

I can't seem to find any HS around Houston Texas area with the ML system. (Neither can i find an ES with ML.) Option packages around here sucks. So, can anyone tell me if the ML in the HS any good?? The specs seem impressive.

BTW, did you guys know that "marklevinsonlexus.com" has been taken down??

Thanks.
Old 03-22-10, 02:13 PM
tonyscv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've listened to both Lev and NonLev systems in the HS, and honestly it's such a subjective analysis, you're better off listening for yourself to see if it's worth it. In my case, for the music I listen to, there was hardly any noticeable difference in the two systems. Not enough to justify the significant option price of the ML system.

Again, you may notice a ton of difference depending on the music you listen to. To each his own.
Old 03-22-10, 04:14 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Well, since my ML-equipped HS is, after initially ordering it in December, is *finally* on its way from Japan , I'm choosing to believe that the ML system is vastly superior!

I'm really bad for delayed gratification, so I'm sure hoping it's worth the wait...
Old 03-28-10, 02:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Hey all,

I can't seem to find any HS around Houston Texas area with the ML system. (Neither can i find an ES with ML.) Option packages around here sucks. So, can anyone tell me if the ML in the HS any good?? The specs seem impressive.

BTW, did you guys know that "marklevinsonlexus.com" has been taken down??

Thanks.
If you are buying new, its quite easy for the dealer to do a car swap with another dealer that has the car you want with ML. Since the car is new, you don't have to worry about the car being brought to you from another dealership.

Just a thought.
Old 03-28-10, 02:26 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

This was a major issue for me (the lack of availability of the ML on the HS). From what I was told, for whatever reason, corporate Lexus decided that for the US market, ML would only be available as a special order. Consequently, the only HSs you'll find with MS are special orders that were cancelled. (I find this an insane policy from a "luxury" car company).
Old 03-29-10, 11:03 PM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too, find it odd and frustrating that ML audio is either special order only or installed in only a very small percentage of some Lexus models. HS250h and RX450h require special order, and according to another thread only 4% of ES350s produced are Ultra Luxury (has ML). Did Lexus determine that the demographic for these models comprises people who aren't very particular about audio quality? Are they trying to keep these models from competing with more expensive models (that presumably are easier to get with ML)? It's sad when you can more easily get a Toyota with a nice sounding JBL system than you can get a Lexus with ML, especially when the standard audio in some Lexuses (ES) is so poor.
Old 03-30-10, 03:28 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

I saw either tout the extreme quality of your base system, or make the "premium" system more readily available. Throughout Lexus' marketing materials, web site, etc ML is very prominently mentioned. Regardless of if it is "worth it" (I'm sure there'll be plenty of people wanting to chime in about how it's not), I wanted it. They nearly lost a sale when I learned I'd have to special order one. Alas, I decided to go for it. It was ordered on Dec 21st and I'm still waiting for it to arrive... This thing better sound AWESOME!
Old 03-30-10, 07:19 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Argelius
I saw either tout the extreme quality of your base system, or make the "premium" system more readily available. Throughout Lexus' marketing materials, web site, etc ML is very prominently mentioned. Regardless of if it is "worth it" (I'm sure there'll be plenty of people wanting to chime in about how it's not), I wanted it. They nearly lost a sale when I learned I'd have to special order one. Alas, I decided to go for it. It was ordered on Dec 21st and I'm still waiting for it to arrive... This thing better sound AWESOME!
I've heard that the ML in the HS is as good as the LS's ML audio. It's funny that the cars Lexus provides to auto mags for reviews are ALL equipped with ML
Old 03-30-10, 07:50 AM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HS in their press photos also shows a power rear sunshade button and a passenger seat power lumbar button, but those features are not shown on the Lexus website as being available on the US spec version. I had a "premium" version HS as a loaner, and it did not have the passenger lumbar feature. Considering that the press photo shows a LHD vehicle with mph markings on the speedometer and the sunshade button (all in same picture), it appears a specially equipped vehicle was produced just for marketing purposes.
Old 03-30-10, 09:00 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

What I find funny are those that spend the big $$ for a high end audio system in their car and then plug in an Ipod to it...
Old 03-30-10, 09:30 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I've heard that the ML in the HS is as good as the LS's ML audio.
I'm sure hoping so!!
Old 03-30-10, 01:05 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

The problem is that: special order = no freaking discount!