HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Prepaid Maintenence Program ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-10, 01:38 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prepaid Maintenence Program ?

About a week after getting my HS, I received a "Prepaid Maintenence Program" Application" receipt in the mail (with a zero balance due).

Not clear what this is for... Not aware I signed up for anything.
Old 04-16-10, 09:52 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't know what this might be - is it actually from Lexus or some third party that purchased your information from the motor vehicle division or something.

I have always found that the normal maintenance on a Lexus is so minimal that any kind of pre-paid plan just gets in the way.

BMW which I find to be a real high maintenance car offers a pricey prepaid maintenance plan but it still doesn't seem to be worth the cost.

Dave Mac
Old 04-17-10, 04:08 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
I don't know what this might be - is it actually from Lexus or some third party that purchased your information from the motor vehicle division or something.

Dave Mac
It looks like something from the Lexus dealership. It's got their logo and was filled out by the finance manager. My initial e-mail to my salesguy hasn't been answered yet, so will pursue further...
Old 04-17-10, 07:44 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I would still pass on it, at best it is a third party product that the finance manager sells just like window tint etc. I don't think Lexus offers such a program and anything else might be restrictive as to where and when the covered services are done.

Dave Mac
Old 04-18-10, 07:06 PM
Daber
Driver School Candidate

I signed up for it at the dealership. Basically it covers all your maintenance costs for up to four years. I was probably stupid to sign up for it, but I only did it cause this is my first Lexus and other Lexus owners warned me that the service costs are pretty steep....
Old 04-19-10, 04:21 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Thnaks. That's what I figured it is. It's just that I didn't sign up for it. The receipt indicates a zero balance due - so either they threw it in as a freebie, or I inadvertantantly (i.e. Under deception) signed up for it. I have a call in to the finance manager today...
Old 04-19-10, 04:36 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

The dealer tried to sell this to me while picking up my car. Told me the normal maintenance would cost me $3400 over the four years, but I could pre-pay it for $2400! Said "no thanks", as that's way more than I paid for maintenance on my Saab. If oil changes cost that much at Lexus, I'll go somewhere else. I don't drink coffee anyway :-)
Old 04-19-10, 10:29 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Here's the response I got from the finance manager:

You are correct, you did not sign up for this plan. It does come with the car free of charge from lexus. The maintenance is paid for by lexus for the term on the contract.
So your scheduled maintenance will be paid for by lexus, just show the agreement to your service advisor when you’re performing the scheduled maintenance.

Sounds great -- just odd that they wouldn't have trumpeted this to me during the sales process; they sort of lost an "opportunity" to give me warm fuzzies about Lexus. (And frankly, given that Audi and BMW (not sure about Infiniti) have free maintenance, I'm surprised they don't do this for all of their vehicles...)
Old 04-19-10, 12:21 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Interesting - must be a dealer thing, as my Lexus dealer said the only free service is the 1000 and 5000 mile service. Anyone else getting free service for 4 years???