We might be getting another recall...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-10, 02:13 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default apparently the dealerships are not kept that well apprised

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Strange that there's still no mention of a fix on the Lexus recall web site.

My salesman emailed me that he'll keep a close watch on "various on-line sites" and let me know when he finds out information to report.
Old 08-03-10, 12:57 AM
rjk212
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did pick my HS up today and the warranty work stated that it was a "re-enforcement of the fuel tank filler neck". So be it...I don't know why they haven't screamed it to the world (atleast to the owners of the 17,000 HS's already sold). As I mentioned earlier I was called Saturday by the Service Mgr and told the fix was completed and I could come get the car. He did say my car (and others) were a priority since I had taken it in a month ago when the recall was announced and have had a loaner all this time. He also mentioned more parts should be in within a week or so to do the next round of cars.
Old 08-03-10, 07:46 AM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default Got the call today / Part is in

The Lexus Dealer called and said the fix is in. I have to drop the car tomorrow and he said 2 hours. My car is the first to have it done at this dealer
The will of course give me a loaner!
Will let you know if anything out of the ordinary happens! Only time will tell!
Old 08-03-10, 07:59 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad to hear our cars are getting fixed. I guess with two newer recalls on more expensive / higher volume cars to deal with now, our recall is no longer on the corporate radar...
Old 08-03-10, 08:30 AM
mpbird
Driver School Candidate

FYI - received a call this morning from my salesman in Birmingham. Confirmed the parts are coming in this week and can expect to test drive HS250 next week.

Without even trying she offered that they will be able to deal well below invoice. Not surprising, they will likely want to move these vehicles off of their lots ASAP.
Old 08-03-10, 09:28 AM
rjk212
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mpbird
FYI - received a call this morning from my salesman in Birmingham. Confirmed the parts are coming in this week and can expect to test drive HS250 next week.

Without even trying she offered that they will be able to deal well below invoice. Not surprising, they will likely want to move these vehicles off of their lots ASAP.
While your hesitation is certainly well founded, this may work out well for you if you decide to buy (or lease) an HS. When I bought mine in November the dealers "weren't dealing" on the HS. I got a deal below invoice because I had an ES330 I was trading in that had transmission issues (that was a problem with many 2005 ES's and Lexus was not very forthcoming in dealing with this issue so they did try to make up for it with a better deal on the HS). BTW I wound up leaseing mine (prepaid lease) at the last minute after having set it up as a cash purchase, and now I feel very lucky I did this as I can buy the car out after my lease is up and only pay a few thousand more than if I had bought it and paid cash, or if I want I can just turn the car in and walk away. This saves me the worry of what will happen to the resale in the next few years or any other issues. It was my first car lease in MANY years....
Old 08-03-10, 12:31 PM
Magellan55

Assuming this fixes the problem and we don't have any more recalls, I don't think resale will be an issue. No fiery videos, no deaths, nothing for the average Joe to recall 2-3+ years from now when we start to put our HS's up for sale. Heck many won't even remember the Camry unintended acceleration by then, or which vehicles had it.
Old 08-03-10, 12:44 PM
hyperme
Driver

Assuming this fixes the problem and we don't have any more recalls, I don't think resale will be an issue. No fiery videos, no deaths, nothing for the average Joe to recall 2-3+ years from now when we start to put our HS's up for sale. Heck many won't even remember the Camry unintended acceleration by then, or which vehicles had it.
MAG55, I absolutley agree with you and I'm not concerned about resale value one bit.
Old 08-04-10, 06:58 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Default I'm getting the Recall tomorrow

After tomorrow's Recall and 5000mi./6 mos. service is done, I'll report back. Hopefully it is sanctioned by NHTSA.
Old 08-04-10, 07:43 AM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default Fix done!

Just got back from picking up my HS250. The service manager said the fix consist of some clips and a collar around the filler pipe. I looked in side the gas filler pop up but could see no difference. He said he would have to mail the paper work because the part numbers were not on the paper work.
The other thing that in the show room the HS250 was exactly the same place it was for over a month and the price is the same on the sticker.
The mystery to me is why haven't this been posted on the Lexus sight!
I would have announced this last week! Best luck to all. I do love the car
Old 08-05-10, 05:38 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Default The "fix"

...was seemless. Got a loaner and did my 5000 mi. service at the same time. They washed the car and topped off the tank.

I didn't realize that they wouldn't do the oil change at this time, rather at the next 1 yr./10000 mi. service, unlike with my Prius.

Buttom line: hopefully this re-establishes the safety of the vehicle as well as future resale value .
Old 08-05-10, 05:53 PM
Magellan55

Someone else mentioned on another thread that the first oil change is at 10k, but I just had my 5k service and they changed the oil/filter. I wonder if not all dealers got the word? How many others are getting their oil changed at 5k?
Old 08-05-10, 06:08 PM
tonyscv
Driver

Someone else mentioned on another thread that the first oil change is at 10k, but I just had my 5k service and they changed the oil/filter. I wonder if not all dealers got the word? How many others are getting their oil changed at 5k?
You shouldn't have. Enjoy the free oil, but make darn sure you don't pay for the 10k service. Both the 5k and 10k are supposed to be no charge service visits under the revised maintenance schedule (and oil is changed out at the 10k service only).

- T
Old 08-06-10, 06:34 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tonyscv
You shouldn't have. Enjoy the free oil, but make darn sure you don't pay for the 10k service. Both the 5k and 10k are supposed to be no charge service visits under the revised maintenance schedule (and oil is changed out at the 10k service only).

- T
That's what my dealer told me. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the 10000 mi. service is a freebee .
Old 08-06-10, 10:56 AM
Magellan55

Originally Posted by tonyscv

- T
Anyone have a link to the revised maintenance schedule? So I have something to hand the service guy at my 10K service

And back to the original thread, I haven't heard boo from my dealer on this yet. I wonder how long they will let me go with this life-threatening defect () before telling me about it...

Quick Reply: We might be getting another recall...