HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

We might be getting another recall...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-10, 09:19 AM
acheparev
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting and waiting to hear from my dealer about the recall and finally just called them. They tell me they have the parts, my car is listed to receive the repairs, but, why did it take me calling them?

Did anyone else have to call their dealer or did they call you guys as soon as they got the parts?
Old 08-17-10, 09:42 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

still waiting for them to call me...

It was interesting, for the first few weeks, I'd get a call on my cell from my sales guy every few days asking me how it's going and are there any issues with the car (eerily, I was always in the car when he called). I started to think "this is a bit creepy", but then it stopped. Now nothing at all, like I dropped off their list. And I even went there a few weeks ago for my 5K service!
Old 08-17-10, 09:45 AM
tonyscv
Driver

They have not called me yet either.
Old 08-17-10, 10:01 AM
acheparev
Driver

I suggest calling your Service Department. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning.
Old 08-17-10, 10:39 AM
tonyscv
Driver

That was good timing... 20 minutes after I posted this I received an e-mail from my dealer telling me about the voluntary recall, that parts were in and to call to schedule my appointment.

I'm surprised it's voluntary.
Old 08-17-10, 12:42 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

I wonder if we will get a free tank of gas or something...
Old 08-17-10, 06:48 PM
davewt
Driver School Candidate

Yes! You do get a full tank of gas, or at least I did. I think they have to fill the tank to leak test the new parts. I, too, had to call and ask about the fix. They had the parts on hand and fixed it two days later. They said that I would probably get a notification later.
Old 08-18-10, 04:28 AM
Magellan55

So take the car in when the tank is empty

I'm not sweating this too much, so I'll see how long it takes for my dealer to notify me. tick, tick, tick...
Old 08-18-10, 05:40 AM
acheparev
Driver

I just dropped my car off, they told me I'm the first to bring it in for this recall.

Why isn't Lexus on top of this? I understand that the likelihood of that specific situation is very small, but what if it does happen and someone gets hurt? It would be a public relations nightmare if it comes out that the dealers had the repair parts for weeks without notifying the customers.
Old 08-18-10, 11:35 AM
acheparev
Driver

OK, I'm confused. The dealership called me and told me my HS250h was not part of the recall. They ran the VIN number and said it doesn't need the repairs. They gave me a wash and filled up my tank and told me to pick it up whenever I'm able.

What's going on?
Old 08-18-10, 01:15 PM
tonyscv
Driver

Originally Posted by acheparev
OK, I'm confused. The dealership called me and told me my HS250h was not part of the recall. They ran the VIN number and said it doesn't need the repairs. They gave me a wash and filled up my tank and told me to pick it up whenever I'm able.

What's going on?
Call Lexus. My understanding is that every HS is part of the recall.

FYI - the letter my dealer sent me told me a free tank of gas is included with this service, so bring the tank in empty.
Old 08-18-10, 01:56 PM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default The GM at the dealer told me today!

I had the fix 2 weeks ago and the rep said it was a collar with some clips. I asked the GM today why hasn't it been announced that they have the fix on the web sight. He did not know but said they are still waiting for parts to fix their inventory. If some one buy a new car they do that as needed.
The good news the price is the same and there is no fire sale on the HS.
The dealer I do business with could not have been nicer.
The more I drive this car the better I like it. The service at this place is why it's my second Lexus and will buy another when ready.

Best luck to all.
Old 08-18-10, 02:40 PM
acheparev
Driver

@tonyscv, thanks for suggesting I call corporate. They checked my VIN and told me my car is definitely part of the recall.

I called the dealership back and they made a mistake. I think they thought it was the gas pedal recall i was bringing it in for. So now they are working on it. They almost released the car back to me without fixing it.
Old 08-18-10, 03:23 PM
Magellan55

Hmmm. Wonder if it is indeed not all HS's affected by the recall. Maybe that's why some of us haven't been contacted?
Old 08-18-10, 04:34 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by acheparev
@tonyscv, thanks for suggesting I call corporate. They checked my VIN and told me my car is definitely part of the recall.

I called the dealership back and they made a mistake. I think they thought it was the gas pedal recall i was bringing it in for. So now they are working on it. They almost released the car back to me without fixing it.
Not at all cool the way they handled it .

Quick Reply: We might be getting another recall...