HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Lowering Springs for HS250H yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-10, 10:43 AM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Springs for HS250H yet?

Hi friends,
New, proud owner of a 2010 blk/blk Premium HS. I love the car although I must admit that my lead footed driving has yet to yield me 30mpg yet... I'm re-learning how to drive this thing nicely but overall am enjoying it as much if not more than the GX470 that I traded in on it...especially when I hit the gas station (will do that next week once I've gone through my first tank, LOL)

Anyways, one of the things that bothers me is the ride height. I am planning on swapping out to some lighter wheels for looks and improved efficiency and thought I'd probably lower the car slightly to complement the wheels. Lowering actually improves gas mileage according to much that I have read as well...(debate away).

Does anyone know of any quality lowering springs available for this car yet? I just want to go about an inch or so, not slam it. I want to maintain as close to stock comfort levels as possible as well.

Last edited by Katizzo; 07-18-11 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-05-10, 10:49 AM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Also, does anyone know the weight of the 18" premium wheels? I want to be sure and get something lighter if I swap them out. So far, I have learned that they are a 37mm offset, 18x7.5" all the way around. Mine came with 225/45/18 Toyo A20's.

Mine might be for sale soon if I go to something different. Anybody have an idea what I should be able to get for these? Wheels alone or wheels and tires? They have about 300 total miles on them so far...
Old 09-05-10, 01:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

First off congrats on your purchase. It actually never occurred to me that folks may "mod" their HS's lol. Certainly a drop and wheels would be a very nice addition to this model. Hope somebody has some info to share with you on this. Keep us posted on any "modding" progress!!
Old 09-05-10, 04:05 PM
LexFather

Welcome.....The stock 18s probably weigh around 35-40 lbs each as stock cast wheels are heavy.

As for springs not sure who make some but here is a modified HS that Ryan posted about

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-...uto-salon.html

Old 09-05-10, 06:36 PM
hyperme
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Welcome.....The stock 18s probably weigh around 35-40 lbs each as stock cast wheels are heavy.

As for springs not sure who make some but here is a modified HS that Ryan posted about

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-...uto-salon.html

Wow, that actually looks very cool.
Old 09-05-10, 08:41 PM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, guys. Loving the car so far but I am a modder at heart (one of my other cars has over 700hp). Not gonna go crazy on this car but would like a few adjustments to "personalize" it... Springs and wheels would go a long way. Thanks for the links and info above. That car looks great! I hope that the springs weren't one off!
Old 09-07-10, 10:02 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no doubt the HS is the KING hybrid.

i'm actually kinda liking th HS now, afterall it is the KING hybrid.
Old 09-20-10, 12:27 AM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Yes, really enjoying the car for what it is... Luxurious, smooth, quiet and efficient.

19" wheels are ordered. Still looking for springs!
Old 10-09-10, 01:38 AM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Anyone??? Buelller????

Stock wheels for sale as well:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...993053647.html

Last edited by Katizzo; 10-09-10 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-23-10, 03:02 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Haha,,, I mod cars for a living too,,, I just picked up a new hs250h and I also want to lower the thing,, let me know if you find any springs for this car,, or if you find something from a lexus that is compatible with the springs on the Hs..
Old 11-22-10, 03:07 PM
LexFather

Anything yet? Maybe in Japan?
Old 12-18-10, 06:53 AM
joeski77
Driver School Candidate

Anyone come up with a solution? I emailed Autosalon, no reply? Do you think they just cut the springs for the show? The Off Road Wheel Gap is like staring into the Grand Canyon

Just trying to keep this thread alive...

Take care,
Joe Ski
Old 12-19-10, 09:26 AM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Auto Salon was cut stock springs (I read). I tried to contact eibach but they never got back to me. I may have springs custom made soon if I can't find anything off the shelf. I'll update this thread if I come up with anything! I am local to Eibach so I'll again offer my car as a development vehicle if they want to make some springs!
Old 12-19-10, 02:15 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Katizzo
Auto Salon was cut stock springs (I read). I tried to contact eibach but they never got back to me. I may have springs custom made soon if I can't find anything off the shelf. I'll update this thread if I come up with anything! I am local to Eibach so I'll again offer my car as a development vehicle if they want to make some springs!
Oh wow!! Definitely in for a set... even if they have no performance upgrade,, I just wanna get rid of that 8 inch wheel gap!!! lol
Old 12-20-10, 02:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Katizzo
They were cut springs when the VIP Auto Salon HS debuted in Detroit earlier this year. The Silver Opal Mica and the Gray HS that was featured at SEMA last month both ride on a prototype suspension that Apex'i and VIP Auto Salon are developing for release in the near future.

More info on VIP's SEMA project car:
http://www.lexus.com/SEMA/#/vipautosalon:hs250h

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs for HS250H yet?