HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Tire Pressure on the dash question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 09:00 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This same topic has been covered a number of times before.

If the HS is the same as the LS (and I suspect it is) then there is no fixed association between the tire location and the position in the dash display.

There may initially be a number of owners who have the same sequence but I suspect that is probably due to the factory loading the sensors in the same order (e.g.. spare first, etc.) when the cars are built.

Once you rotate your tires you will change the position in the dash display.

Yes, other manufacturers have different systems that identify the exact location; this is not an example of Lexus' best engineering
Old 04-03-11, 10:50 AM
Paul58
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayGoldste
If the person who wrote the manual is using the term "correlation" like a statistician would use it, then the order in which the values are displayed has no relationship to the position of the tires on the car. In other words, you can't predict which tire pressure belongs to which tire from the values on the multi-information display.
This was my interpretation as well, and while it is much more informative than the idiot light on my Prius, one would have thought that if Lexus went through the trouble of displaying the tire pressure for all four corners, they would have identified which specific tire pressure was being displayed in each position on the dash! Just saying...
Old 04-04-11, 12:00 PM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't checked whether the right to left tires can be identified correctly, but for sure the first two values (reading from left to right) are my rear wheels and the next two are my front wheels. I have changed pressure several times, allowing less air pressure in the front tires during heavy snow and then less air in the rear tires in fair weather - and the positions have stayed the same. It's a relatively easy thing to check if you have a air pump
Old 04-05-11, 08:51 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DDS62
I haven't checked whether the right to left tires can be identified correctly, but for sure the first two values (reading from left to right) are my rear wheels and the next two are my front wheels. I have changed pressure several times, allowing less air pressure in the front tires during heavy snow and then less air in the rear tires in fair weather - and the positions have stayed the same. It's a relatively easy thing to check if you have a air pump
Rotate your tires around and see if the first two values still show your rear wheels...