HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

No more 250h for the US

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-11, 10:03 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DDS62
I agree, Trexus but as Mike & Mike above make note, all of these articles are indecisive. The one you link to is obviously a direct result of the author reading this thread. The thing "IS", is the number of Lexus sales people across the country that have made acknowledgment to their customers that indeed the car is history. Please don't include my sales person in that honorable group! He made an unnecessary effort to convince me it would not be dropped. It seems Lexus the company and it's less than straight forward sales persons have made every effort to keep the info from the public. This will come back to haunt them. Just as the reliability of Lexus automobiles have taken a body blow in the past couple of years, now their perch upon the highest pinnacle of customer satisfaction will also. In fact you really must weight the possibility it already has. The HS is not that bad of a car.
I agree the HS isn't that bad of a car. I've test drove a few and even got them as a loaner. I almost bought one but went with the CTh because it's new, fresh and it's what I was looking for and my fiancee wanted the CTh.

We'd like to get another Lexus and I'm seriously thinking about the HS but the fiancee wants an RXh...

Last edited by Trexus; 11-23-11 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-16-11, 06:21 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew this car was going to flop.

1) It doesn't look like a Lexus. The CT200h looks like a Lexus. It has the family DNA plainly evident. The HS looks like a Ford Fusion mated with a Toyota Avensis.

2) I just don't understand why they made a dedicated hybrid sedan, when they could have added a hybrid option to the already successful ES and IS lines.

I hope it does stop production. Having a car that looks like a Ford-Toyota bastard dilutes the Lexus brand in my opinion.
Old 11-16-11, 11:46 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Trexus
It appears the writing is on the wall. We just have to read it. The HS will most definitely be phased out for 2012 and nothing after that.

http://view.autos.ibemail.com/?j=fe8..._campaign=&r=0

At least the HS will still be alive in Japan and other countries. Long live the HS 250h.

http://lexus.jp/models/hs/index.html
Tracy, I had no idea I was quoted in that article and am finding out who wrote it. I wrote some extensive reviews of the HS but now that is may be discontinued, I was quoted all of the sudden?

I don't get the negativity of Lexus on a Lexus forum constantly especially from the "elders" around here. Why am I not quoted on all the positives of Lexus?

You know Lexus has rarely had a miss like this. It seems to give plenty of people the opportunity to throw a party and celebrate and be happy Lexus didn't execute well. Poor HS. The whipping boy for Lexus haters.

I think I will start a thread listing all the discontinued luxury cars. Some entire brands technically wouldn't exist.
Old 11-16-11, 02:17 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I don't get the negativity of Lexus on a Lexus forum constantly especially from the "elders" around here. Why am I not quoted on all the positives of Lexus? D
One reason is when Lexus does everything fine and dandy no one notices but when Lexus makes a minor mistake the whole world knows and then some...it's just human nature I guess.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think I will start a thread listing all the discontinued luxury cars. Some entire brands technically wouldn't exist.
That would be fun and insightful. We should discuss in a good manner of course discontinued luxury cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, etc...
Old 11-16-11, 03:32 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

That would be fun and insightful. We should discuss in a good manner of course discontinued luxury cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, etc...
Don't forget Oldsmobile,.
Old 11-16-11, 06:49 PM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A list of luxury cars dropped after a one model will be a short list indeed. Even the Edsel had three models before Ford pulled the plug.
Old 11-17-11, 05:42 AM
EleeGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus North America has been fighting for priority on new.successful Toyota derivatives. With the new product direction, Lexus will no longer have to fight for its in line for left overs. I suspect that Toyota North America couldn't find a fit in its lineup for the HS or thought it would have cannibalized sales of the Prius or Camry Hybrid, so Lexus claimed it during the down economy. Agree that it didn't fit in with the Brand and image based on where Lexus is going now with the CT and GS. A Hybrid ES to fit in the $45k range is definitely a good fit in the lineup.
Old 11-17-11, 07:58 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EleeGS
Lexus North America has been fighting for priority on new.successful Toyota derivatives. With the new product direction, Lexus will no longer have to fight for its in line for left overs. I suspect that Toyota North America couldn't find a fit in its lineup for the HS or thought it would have cannibalized sales of the Prius or Camry Hybrid, so Lexus claimed it during the down economy. Agree that it didn't fit in with the Brand and image based on where Lexus is going now with the CT and GS. A Hybrid ES to fit in the $45k range is definitely a good fit in the lineup.
That's my expectation too. Lexus will release an ES250h priced below the ES350. This car will be a smash hit.
Old 11-17-11, 08:28 AM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Don't forget Oldsmobile,.
Oldsmobile isn't really a luxury division of GM. Oldsmobile is more of a tweener similar to Buick and Mercury. Cadillac is the luxury division of GM.

That's my expectation too. Lexus will release an ES250h priced below the ES350. This car will be a smash hit.
I agree that an ES 300h will fill the spot the HS 250h will leave off.
Old 11-17-11, 09:49 AM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Here's a rendering of a CTh sedan taken from the Lexus Enthusiast website. Check it out.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/11/1...exus-ct-sedan/
Old 11-17-11, 03:12 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Here's a rendering of a CTh sedan taken from the Lexus Enthusiast website. Check it out.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/11/1...exus-ct-sedan/
Looks great. It looks like a Lexus.
Old 11-22-11, 09:34 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I knew this car was going to flop.

1) It doesn't look like a Lexus. The CT200h looks like a Lexus. It has the family DNA plainly evident. The HS looks like a Ford Fusion mated with a Toyota Avensis.

2) I just don't understand why they made a dedicated hybrid sedan, when they could have added a hybrid option to the already successful ES and IS lines.

I hope it does stop production. Having a car that looks like a Ford-Toyota bastard dilutes the Lexus brand in my opinion.
Thanks for calling our daughters ugly.

I do like the looks of the CT better than the HS, and was more what I was looking for originally (I shopped Mazda 3, GTI, and A3 before wandering onto the Lexus lot), but the CT needs an engine upgrade. What kind of Lexus has trouble breaking 10 sec 0-60? Is Lexus becoming more about style over substance?
Old 11-22-11, 10:17 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Thanks for calling our daughters ugly.

I do like the looks of the CT better than the HS, and was more what I was looking for originally (I shopped Mazda 3, GTI, and A3 before wandering onto the Lexus lot), but the CT needs an engine upgrade. What kind of Lexus has trouble breaking 10 sec 0-60? Is Lexus becoming more about style over substance?
I did not call it ugly, I just said it doesn't look like a Lexus, but a blend of Toyota Avensis (body shape) and Ford Fusion (Grille) styling. On another note the interior is very nice.

BTW - I agree with your comment on the CT, but it does seem to be selling well. That said I'm surprised they didn't make a CT250.
Old 11-22-11, 05:25 PM
LexFather

Batman, why your intense interest in the HS being canceled?
Old 11-22-11, 05:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I thank god, however long that lasted, was way too long................

Quick Reply: No more 250h for the US