HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

No more 250h for the US

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-11, 09:06 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 18 months 20000 miles and still in awe

To all the bashers, did you pay your own hard earned dollars to buy this car?
again -
did you buy this car?
did you buy this car because this is what you wanted?
did you pay for this?
were those dollars hard earned ones?
Is this your primary car (not your wife's)?
If you replied yes to all the above, then only you you earn the right to criticize.

But then, are you going thru Buyer's remorse?

In my opinion, the car is not perfect but it is years ahead of it's time. Until we find commercially viable alternative/renewable fuel, hybrid is a step in right direction. I would prefer to commute to work on a 500cc motorcycle if there was a safe motorcycle ( I had too many motorcycle accidents in my teenage years). I still salivate on Prius (as a commuter car) but then I wanted a Lexus - and I have a good one to make an ES owner jealous . It's not small that our kids feel cramped - it's not too big that fuel consumption is not good enough.

CT is good but in my mind I'm losing too much space for very nominal fuel consumption improvement!

For those who say it looks like a Toyota Sai implying that it downgrades a luxury car, think again. Our run of the mill Toyota Camry, seen in hundreds in every mall parking, is a luxury car in India, with default luxury options (e.g. premium audio etc.) and sells for an equivalent of more than USD 40,000
Old 11-30-11, 09:53 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjk212
Was at the 2011 auto show this last weekend in LA. Asked at the Lexus display why the HS was not being shown at the show. He gave me a dumb look and said "it's just not here". When I asked if it was being discontinued he, simpled replied "Don't know". While we have really liked the car, I'm glad my lease only has a year to go so I can make my decision then on keeping it or dumping it. Since the US will not be getting more HS's (so it seems), service we get worse and worse as time goes on. After my third Lexus I may head somewhere else. FYI.. Loved the Sonata Hybrid at the auto show. 40 mpg with new battery technology and only 2 ways to get it. Base $26,000 and $5,000 more for upgrade with GPS,etc. Really nice inside and out and lots of good reviews on Hyundai line. A shame Lexus is so secretive especially to those of us who bought (or leased them). Guess they have to try and sell out what they have in inventory without the buyers knowing they will disappear soon.
I almost bought the Hyundai before I pulled the plug and went with the HS. I had even put money down on it. But the interior fit and finish and color were just very poor, and the car pulled to the left when I drove it (a problem that they say is now fixed). I like the exterior a lot, but the interior is not up to the same standards. Frankly, their sister car, the Kia Optima is worth looking at if you want their hybrids. The exterior is pretty nice, and the interior is a lot nicer than the Sonata. I might have bought it, but I found the Lexus while I was waiting for Kia to get around to bringing the hybrid to my part of the country, and the HS is a LOT nicer on the inside and has a more technology and other stuff than the Korean cars. But the Optima looks great on the outside and is in my opinion, the next best choice for a hybrid to the HS - plus a lot cheaper. The Sonata is a notch below the Optima in my personal opinion - but to each his own.