HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

2012 last year?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-12 | 04:04 AM
ntrainer
Driver School Candidate

Well, I'll be very interested to see how the ES 300h drives... When we bought our '11 HS (just a few months ago, in Jan. '12), we drove the ES. Despite the fact that driving enthusiasts don't like the car, we thought it was lovely. In fact, my comment was, "There's nothing wrong with that car." What we didn't like was the sensation that we were driving a bit "too much car" around for the ES to be a good commuting car. My better half thought it was akin to driving a boat. Plus, the mileage, of course.

Still very thankful to have had the HS available for us. Despite complaints about the HS's, I really do NOT like the new grille styling (the trapezoidal "spindle" grille) on the new Lexi, which it looks like the ES will have. In addition, I am really dubious about how the longer ES -- which apparently is adding even more legroom in back in '13 -- will drive. Perhaps those who test drive it will love it. But, perhaps most importantly, we definitely could only have afforded a used model, so the '13 ES would be a non-starter for us. And since I believe you never really want the first model year of a vehicle anyway (tend to need to work out the kinks), I think I'll still be thankful for my '11 HS.
Old 04-07-12 | 05:45 AM
jettie1767
Pole Position

We really love our HS as well. Unfortunately, I think it will be discontinued. I didn't see it displayed at the NY Auto Show yesterday. I guess the ES300h is what they are going to replace it with. The HS was the only model they didn't have on there.
Old 04-07-12 | 03:56 PM
DDS62
Driver

I am not a fan of the new ES design either it has a fish face front end like the new GS. I understand that everybody has different tastes, however I have yet found anyone that thinks the design of the GS or the ES is attractive. I am just not on board with the Toyota and Lexus designs of late. Take a look at what they have done with the new Avalon. Yet another car with a strange front end. And, Toyota and Lexus both continue on their mission to make cars look more sporty by incorporating very low roof lines. The ES now has a roof line of 56" which makes entry/exit a chore for anybody over 6 feet tall. The new Avalon drops the roof line from 58.5" to 57.5". I have had nothing but Toyota and Lexus cars for the past 30 years, but with the path they are taking I think I am about at the end of the road. I like my HS in both design and function, everything except the taught ride, so why should I be surprised that Toyota is about to kill it .

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/04...an-breaks.html
Old 05-17-12 | 10:21 AM
spinout180
Instructor

Surprise, surprise. The announcement was made. Not like we didn't expect it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/17/l...lling-hs-250h/
Old 05-17-12 | 11:25 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Great news I think. Personally I think the HS250H should have been sold under the Prius brand.

The styling was more Toyota than Lexus, the driving experience was also more Toyota. All Lexus Hybrid sedans should be offered under the CT, IS, ES, GS and LS brands.
Old 06-13-12 | 03:36 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by asoksevil
Do we have any official confirmation? HS gonna be on stock till ES arrival?
It's confirmed that the HS 250h is gone. See for yourself on http://www.lexus.com
Old 06-13-12 | 07:35 PM
DDS62
Driver

Confirmation yes, but not news. Most everybody here knew what was to be for months. The HS was removed from all of the Lexus dealership web sites a week ago. This is the only car I know of that has been discontinued after only one model. Even Ford remodeled the Edsel twice before they discontinued it. By Lexus Edseling the HS, it has already become a topic of ridicule among competing dealerships and has lowered the value tremendously. I stopped in at an Infinity dealership and inquired with one of the salesman I know and asked what I could get for a trade in. He told me frankly they simply didn't want it, and then said he might get 20K approved - maybe. I hold Lexus responsible. They advertise of a dealership whose first concern is for their customer, yet when I simply inquired last November about the rumors being true about the HS they denied knowing of any such talk and lead me to believe the rumors were not true. Which were bold face lies. I could have traded it then for at least 33K. I recall the respect I had for the Lexus brand and think how that opinion has changed. I actually like my HS and will try to keep it for awhile. I have found a place 40 miles away qualified to provide maintenance, and I will be calling the service manager at my Toyota dealership I have been doing business with for 30 years to see if they will service it. I really hate to go back to that Lexus dealership for anything.
Old 06-16-12 | 12:38 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DDS62
Confirmation yes, but not news. Most everybody here knew what was to be for months. The HS was removed from all of the Lexus dealership web sites a week ago. This is the only car I know of that has been discontinued after only one model. Even Ford remodeled the Edsel twice before they discontinued it. By Lexus Edseling the HS, it has already become a topic of ridicule among competing dealerships and has lowered the value tremendously. I stopped in at an Infinity dealership and inquired with one of the salesman I know and asked what I could get for a trade in. He told me frankly they simply didn't want it, and then said he might get 20K approved - maybe. I hold Lexus responsible. They advertise of a dealership whose first concern is for their customer, yet when I simply inquired last November about the rumors being true about the HS they denied knowing of any such talk and lead me to believe the rumors were not true.Which were bold face lies. I could have traded it then for at least 33K. I recall the respect I had for the Lexus brand and think how that opinion has changed. I actually like my HS and will try to keep it for awhile. I have found a place 40 miles away qualified to provide maintenance, and I will be calling the service manager at my Toyota dealership I have been doing business with for 30 years to see if they will service it. I really hate to go back to that Lexus dealership for anything.
Why are you holding Lexus responsible?
You asked them in NOVEMBER about the HS250h being discontinued? It is now June and they are just now discontinuing it. They probably didn't even know in November that it was going to be discontinued. Even if you asked a couple months ago - if the word isn't official yet, the Lexus dealership has no reason to tell you anyway.

Sorry, but IMO, Lexus didn't lead you to believe anything. You asked a question which they didn't have a for-sure answer for. That is not a bold face lie. If you had a bad feeling about it, you should have traded it back then.
Old 06-16-12 | 01:06 PM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default Replacement for the HS250

This will be the replacement . Looks like a it has been fined tuned. My friend bought the new RX and the Navi has some improvements and the car is a Lexus. Take a look. I have the 2010 with 10 K miles but in September might try to see if I can make a deal.

Take a look:http://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexu...:CTA2:LexusMag
Old 06-16-12 | 06:57 PM
Magellan55

Hardly. The ES is a boat - aimed at a much older clientèle that want to just float to the country club. The HS isn't exactly a sport sedan, but it's much closer to the IS than the ES in terms of driving dynamics.
Old 08-14-12 | 06:38 PM
LexFather

http://lexus.jp/models/hs/index.html

It is still for sale in Japan where it is one of Lexus best selling models.
Old 08-14-12 | 06:56 PM
Trexus

I'd like to see how Lexus will utilize the spindle grill on the HS 250h. Will there be a 2HS to be sold in Japan and other countries other than the U.S.? Maybe an HS 300h? Using the same drivetrain as the ES 300h?
Old 08-14-12 | 07:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Trexus
I'd like to see how Lexus will utilize the spindle grill on the HS 250h. Will there be a 2HS to be sold in Japan and other countries other than the U.S.? Maybe an HS 300h? Using the same drivetrain as the ES 300h?
Good questions. With that hydrogen mule running around maybe the 2HS will then stand for hydrogen?