HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

What would you do if the dealer says " We can't sell your Hs250 and we sugest take it

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-12, 12:03 PM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JOMO. but I would say a lot of Lexus dealerships are full of it - especially the two here in Cincinnati. I would advise no to buy an HS. Not because of the car, the vehicle itself is just fine, because of the dealership. Like I mentioned in another post I am taking my HS to a Toyota service facility, because Lexus service facilities are full of it as well as themselves and Toyota service is simply about good customer service.
Old 09-09-12, 05:42 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Too late on trying to keep their customers happy. My last one.

Went to look at the ES-h also. It gets a little better mileage, but it runs on premium, so the overall cost to operate it would be more.
Note: The ES300h runs on regular gas. 87 octane. Just like the Edsel HS250h I traded-in on the ES.
Old 09-09-12, 05:47 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't blame the dealership if the HS has been discontinued. Don't blame the public if they no longer see the HS in any advertising -- and wouldn't recognize one if they were standing beside it.

As I have written in the ES forum previously, I traded-in my HS as quickly as I could (8/15/12), and took a royal beating on trade-in value. Could have been worse...the dealer could have said they could not accept my HS in trade.

I'm happy as a clam with the ES300h. I liked my HS but as another forum member said, it's now the Edsel HS250h.
Old 09-10-12, 05:20 AM
ceads9
Driver

Default Hs

For the extra 15-20k I think I will keep my Edsel . I wouldn't waste my money ,just to trade a car after a year. After all it's just a car.
Old 09-10-12, 01:22 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
Note: The ES300h runs on regular gas. 87 octane. Just like the Edsel HS250h I traded-in on the ES.
You're right. It does run on regular.

I saw that somewhere a few months ago, and I think it was on the Lexus website. When I went back to double check, the ES page had been changed.
Old 09-10-12, 01:38 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ceads9
For the extra 15-20k I think I will keep my Edsel . I wouldn't waste my money ,just to trade a car after a year. After all it's just a car.
This I agree with.

I played around and tried to configure an ES-h, completely loaded, and it was over 51K. And it still didn't have all the tech features as the HS does. I really like the one I sat in on the showroom floor though.

But the way I figure it, with the new CAFE standards for overall mileage in the future, and the way gas keeps getting more and more expensive each day, the resale prices on the HS might be low now, but they won't be that way for long. Just like all the eco cars today will be worth much more on trade in the future, and the gas drinkers will be worth much less.

I average around 41 or 42 MPG on the HS, so to trade it and take a huge loss now just because they discontinued the model, doesn't make sense to me yet. I don't like the ES-h enough to shell out at least 25 grand just to stay current.
Old 09-10-12, 03:44 PM
ntrainer
Driver School Candidate

Default Happy As a Clam

Originally Posted by winsalem
I'm happy as a clam with the ES300h. I liked my HS but as another forum member said, it's now the Edsel HS250h.
Hey, winsalem, good for you that you're happy with the ES300h. I'm still happy as a clam with my HS250h. As has been discussed exhaustively in this forum, the ES really isn't interchangeable with the HS. The ES is much larger -- more car than many of us need. While there's nothing wrong with the car at all, it also has about as much personality as a blade of grass -- in exterior and interior styling, but also in the way it drives.

The HS wasn't a lemon... It's one of the top-selling cars in Japan. Lexus has so completely botched the marketing, though, that they seem to feel they can't generate any love for it. That doesn't really make it an Edsel. Yes, it's discontinued. We get it. That's a bit of a bummer, but Lexus' ludicrous corporate behavior doesn't make the car any more or less awesome than it was before it was discontinued.

I will defend my HS until its demise... and I would guess that won't come for quite some time. We will continue to be able to service it perfectly, and it's a well-built car.
Old 09-10-12, 09:03 PM
skywise
Rookie

Speaking of which, has Japan put up a 2013 HS yet?
Do they have sales stats from Japan like the recent post here?
Old 09-10-12, 11:27 PM
DDS62
Driver

Are you gentlemen sure the HS is still on the market in Japan? I am not so sure although I have not been able to confirm anything. For sure the HS has been dropped from production for Canada, US and SA, I assume that means all of the left hand vehicles everywhere, but from several comments i have read in various articles It may just be that the HS has been canceled everywhere, even in Japan and Australia. They were never sold in any part of Europe, I am not sure about Asia or Africa. Consider this - I read where they were assembling the HS in the same factory as the 2012 RX. I have also stated the opinion that Lexus itself actually killed the HS, it was not killed by demand. That statement of course is controversial, but reason says that it would have benefited Lexus to rid itself of the HS before the re-tooling for the 2013 RX - like maybe the first of this year? The RX is one of there bread and butter vehicles, and being bogged down by another car in the same plant must have been a problem.
Old 09-11-12, 06:56 AM
skywise
Rookie

It's still advertised on the Japanese lexus site but I have no idea what model year it is. (no english button on that site, silly Lexus!
Old 09-11-12, 11:33 AM
DDS62
Driver

Post a link, I'll take a look with the Fire Fox translator
Old 09-11-12, 11:54 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://lexus.jp/models/hs/index.html
Old 09-11-12, 01:49 PM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default Customer Service finally called me and said :

They have NO control over a dealer because they are independent and can not tell them to take or not take your car. Offered to give me a $200.00 gift card against any repair service that I would have.
I said NO thanks because I do believe this will be my LAST Lexus. He added he would call the management and talk to him!
He added that a fix is in the works and should soon be at hand. Like I care.

I do like my HS - just concerned because of discontinued - But they also have stripped the features on the replacement on the LS - You can't get Heads up display at all - and all other goodies are almost an add on. Lane keep assist- the radar cruse control- and no more reg gas.

But extremely disappointed with the management but when sales are good the attitudes say it all. Take it or leave it-
Old 09-11-12, 02:11 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't feel so bad, I actually tried to trade in my wife's HS for ES this morning & my dealer doesn't want to take HS either. my sales actually told me take it to carmax lol.
Old 09-11-12, 03:57 PM
ntrainer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DDS62
Are you gentlemen sure the HS is still on the market in Japan?
Not to burst your bubble, but some of us are chicks. Yep.

As for whether or not the HS is still being made for the Japanese market, it's hard to tell from Internet searching (which is extremely U.S.-centric), but (as previously posted) the fact that Japan's web site still displays the model is certainly one sign. Another would be that the plant which manufactured the HS still shows it:

http://www.toyota-kyushu.com/english/info/cars.html

On the other hand, the stories which chronicled the HS's demise said that production had ceased, period. Hard to tell...

Last edited by ntrainer; 09-11-12 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: What would you do if the dealer says " We can't sell your Hs250 and we sugest take it