HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Another HS at work!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-12, 07:35 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Another HS at work!

Someone at work showed up this week with an HS250, dark gray, and parks a few cars down from me. Dunno if they are new in my building or just bought it (it looks brand new - Premium w/tech package). What are the odds that two HS owners work in the same building, given there are only what, 12,000 or so total sold in the US? Makes me want to park next to him and weird out the other employees
Old 12-01-12, 08:05 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, I rarely see any HS on road anymore. used to have a few in my neighborhood but haven't seen any in quite a while.
Old 12-01-12, 03:22 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually met one coming the other way and waved. The other guy didn't see me I guess, or he ignored me. AND............. I actually saw a new CT in the other lot yesterday. No ESh spied as of yet. But in the last month, I did see 1 Volt and 1 Leaf and also 1 Prius C.
Old 01-31-13, 08:46 AM
TonyHS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on buying a HS 250h right now, just need to find the right one. Just noticed one of my neighbors got one! There might be 2 HS's running around the block soon.
Old 02-04-13, 05:15 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't know how many there are for sale, but you should get a good deal on one. They are solid cars, just not well marketed.
Old 02-05-13, 09:54 AM
TonyHS
Driver

Well there are over 100 in my area for sale. I did find a pretty good deal on one, it's a lo-mile 10 Premium, with Tech, Nav, ML, and LED light package. So far I'm very happy with it! I probably could have gotten a lot better deal if I did'nt want the Tech, ML, and LED, there are a ton of those.

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Don't know how many there are for sale, but you should get a good deal on one. They are solid cars, just not well marketed.
BTW, I saw a third one last night, a black on black.
Old 02-11-13, 09:29 PM
TonyHS
Driver

I think I just spotted a 4th HS around me, black with the chrome rims. Those chrome rims look good, I want a set!
Old 02-14-13, 04:14 AM
photomikey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TonyHS
Well there are over 100 in my area for sale. I did find a pretty good deal on one, it's a lo-mile 10 Premium, with Tech, Nav, ML, and LED light package. So far I'm very happy with it! I probably could have gotten a lot better deal if I did'nt want the Tech, ML, and LED, there are a ton of those.

BTW, I saw a third one last night, a black on black.
Must be in So-Cal, I shopped two weeks ago and we had a ton. The dealer I was at had four, one of them with 8k miles and one with 10k miles. Great deals to be had!
Old 02-14-13, 10:54 AM
TonyHS
Driver

Originally Posted by photomikey
Must be in So-Cal, I shopped two weeks ago and we had a ton. The dealer I was at had four, one of them with 8k miles and one with 10k miles. Great deals to be had!
Yea, I'm in So-Cal. Currently there are over 100 of them for sale, there are a few dealers that have 5-6 to choose from. I think lots of them will keep showing up as people are starting to return their leases. I wonder how many of the 10K sold in 2010 are around here?

If anyone is looking for one, I just found another fully loaded with LED and Mark Levinson.
Old 02-16-13, 10:24 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Yea, I'm in So-Cal. Currently there are over 100 of them for sale, there are a few dealers that have 5-6 to choose from. I think lots of them will keep showing up as people are starting to return their leases. I wonder how many of the 10K sold in 2010 are around here?

If anyone is looking for one, I just found another fully loaded with LED and Mark Levinson.
ML and LED? Super rare in any other place than SoCal. And only really available in '10.

I saw another HS at work the other day and I was so happy, I gave the person a copy of the HS factory workshop manual I have on DVD just because they seemed like nice people.
Old 02-17-13, 04:10 PM
TonyHS
Driver

Originally Posted by TheAirman
ML and LED? Super rare in any other place than SoCal. And only really available in '10.

I saw another HS at work the other day and I was so happy, I gave the person a copy of the HS factory workshop manual I have on DVD just because they seemed like nice people.
Dave, I noticed looking through some pictures of a non nav HS, and it has a physical AC button! Now of course I cant ask anything that would violate forum rules, however would you be kind enough to see if the connector to the climate control is the same, if the wireing is already there it should not be too hard to add a ac button, elminating the need to navigate to the climate screen to toggle the ac button. I'm hoping it's a simple 3 wires, 1 ground, 1 12v control, and 1 ilumation???

See it next to the lower left of the Hazard button? Now I know it's most likely not a standalone plug, but the wires may be there in the harness....

http://images.thecarconnection.com/l...00372926_l.jpg
Old 02-18-13, 02:13 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Dave, I noticed looking through some pictures of a non nav HS, and it has a physical AC button! Now of course I cant ask anything that would violate forum rules, however would you be kind enough to see if the connector to the climate control is the same, if the wireing is already there it should not be too hard to add a ac button, elminating the need to navigate to the climate screen to toggle the ac button. I'm hoping it's a simple 3 wires, 1 ground, 1 12v control, and 1 ilumation???

See it next to the lower left of the Hazard button? Now I know it's most likely not a standalone plug, but the wires may be there in the harness....

http://images.thecarconnection.com/l...00372926_l.jpg
I thought about the same thing. I don't like having to go to that screen to turn the A/C on and off either. But you're taxing my memory now because I can't remember all the specifics right now.

But I think you can go into the settings and make the A/C automatic and you wouldn't have to go into that screen anymore. Most likely someone set yours to manual, like I did to mine.

I'll check though, but I guess its all controlled through a computer somewhere as the button on the NAV screen is not a physical button and the Non-NAV is.
Old 02-18-13, 05:46 PM
TonyHS
Driver

Originally Posted by TheAirman
I thought about the same thing. I don't like having to go to that screen to turn the A/C on and off either. But you're taxing my memory now because I can't remember all the specifics right now.

But I think you can go into the settings and make the A/C automatic and you wouldn't have to go into that screen anymore. Most likely someone set yours to manual, like I did to mine.

I'll check though, but I guess its all controlled through a computer somewhere as the button on the NAV screen is not a physical button and the Non-NAV is.
I set mine to manual because I don't like it coming on all the time. It's easier for me to turn it on when I want rather then turn it off every time I don't want. However a physical switch would be the best.

I'm guessing the nav screen is sending a constant 12V or switched signal to activate the AC. Although I could be completely wrong and it's a signal on a shared communication line which would make things much harder!

But like the radio, we can change the input from one of the physical buttons, steering wheel mode button, or the nav screen, so it's got to be possible, just need to see how hard it is.