HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Halogen to LED headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-22, 05:54 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewT1
Did you end up installing the Sylvania LED DRL/high-beam bulb in your HS250h? If so, did you end up losing DRL functionality? I was looking at LED bulbs for the high-beams, but I am currently on the fence about whether or not I should install LED DRL/high-beam bulbs if I would end up losing DRL functionality.
Yes, I did. I did not have any problems with my vehicle. From what I was told, certain bulb types/manufacturers are the problem with DRL lamps, not necessarily the car. The Zevo do have a money back guarantee from Sylvania if they don't work out.
Old 09-17-22, 02:44 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.
I also want to replace the headlights with LEDs. I have read many articles on this subject. What I didn’t understand was that some lamps are with a radiator and a turbo cool fan, and some are without. They write that in some cases those with a turbo cool fan interfere with the audio system. Is this true, has anyone had this problem?
Personally, I'm considering these options...
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon
Please advise what to choose
thanks in advance
Old 09-17-22, 08:48 AM
CPTSOLO
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I installed various LED bulbs with turbo fans. There was no interference with anything.

LEDs get very hot . Passive radiators are unlikely to remove enough heat from the LEDs, will cause early failure. Colling fan is a better solution.

Let us know how bright and focused the SEALIGHT bulbs work.
Old 09-17-22, 10:00 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CPTSOLO
I installed various LED bulbs with turbo fans. There was no interference with anything.

LEDs get very hot . Passive radiators are unlikely to remove enough heat from the LEDs, will cause early failure. Colling fan is a better solution.

Let us know how bright and focused the SEALIGHT bulbs work.
That's simply incorrect.

I have multiple sets of LEDs that are many years old, and still going strong. I've replaced 1 set, when LEDs were still "new" to the market in the last decade.
All others' I replaced pre-emptively as better tech (or chips) came out but removed in good working order...
Old 09-18-22, 01:21 PM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Received 1,210 Likes on 1,034 Posts

I installed the Fahren and they were bright but there were some dark areas. I also had to raise the headlights. To raise them up there is a 7 or 8 mm nut on the back of the housing that you turn counter clockwise to raise the headlight housing. It is silver color and stands out against the black plastic headlight housing.

I then got some 8 sided LED bulbs - but had to raise the aim even higher to see farther down the road. I think they are acceptable now. There is a broad bright field of vision. Even with the aim much higher nobody has flashed me as if I had my high beams on.
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-19-22, 03:13 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

In the end, I'll probably end up with this.
Amazon Amazon
They come with a good discount and I think to order.
Will they install on the HS250 without any problems? Just waiting for delivery to my country for a long time, I don’t want to make a mistake ...
Old 09-19-22, 08:03 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

They install easily, just make sure the post is vertical so the LEDs face each side. Most of them allow you to rotate it into position. They install by lining up 3 tabs then inserting it and twisting. You just need to try it until the bulb is in the proper position. Then you may have to adjust your headlight angle as I described above in post 20.
The following users liked this post:
Aqualung35 (09-20-22)
Old 09-20-22, 03:03 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

Thanks a lot!
I'll let you know when they arrive and install.
Old 09-20-22, 05:35 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

I did not know Delaware was a separate country as I spent a lot of time in Lewes, Delaware. Where are you actually located?
Old 09-20-22, 07:31 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I did not know Delaware was a separate country as I spent a lot of time in Lewes, Delaware. Where are you actually located?
There is a warehouse in Delaware, shipments go from there ... I live in Georgia, the city of Tbilisi (Caucasus)
Old 10-08-22, 09:10 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

Received delivery yesterday. Installed without problems. Let's see how they perform in use....

Old 01-25-23, 05:30 PM
dedas1
Rookie

Hey AquaLung, how are the new lights? are they better. thinking of getting them for our car since the lights are really dull with originals.
thanks.
Old 01-26-23, 12:22 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

Originally Posted by dedas1
Hey AquaLung, how are the new lights? are they better. thinking of getting them for our car since the lights are really dull with originals.
thanks.
Hello. Yes, quite satisfied, very good and the price is adequate
Old 02-01-23, 11:32 AM
dedas1
Rookie

Did you have to make adjustments on the height of the beam as clutchless suggested?
Old 02-02-23, 03:37 AM
Aqualung35
9th Gear

No, I didn't have to adjust anything, I just replaced the old halogens with LEDs, it doesn't blind anyone on the road, everything is fine

Quick Reply: Halogen to LED headlight conversion