HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

HS250h Part Availability

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-22, 06:17 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Default HS250h Part Availability

Near my home there is a very good bodyshop. On the way to work I often pass by and see wrecked cars in their lot awaiting parts. What caught my eye yesterday was a Black HS250h with rear end damage. I figured I would drop by since the know me very well and who doesn't admire an HS250h. Anyways, one of the estimators who worked on our cars spoke to me. He said the rear trunk was badly damaged as well as the rear area including the bumper protector, clips etc. Some of the parts were available, but the trunk and a reinforcing bar were not. One of the rear fenders was also not available at the moment. The bodyshop was inquiring with suppliers located in Japan for sourcing parts. There was a possibility that unless they shop could find adequate spare parts, the Insurance Company was going to consider the HS250h for a total loss. According the estimator, parts from Japan are very scarce right now. Older, low production vehicles are especially hard hit. I know my local Lexus Dealer said that some of the non common HS250 parts are on backorder. The parts issue doesn't just affect Lexus/Toyota Motor Corporation. He said that they had an older Mazda CX-5 that was in their yard. It was recently declared a total loss due to the lack of parts. Food for thought.
Old 07-09-22, 05:54 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,163 Likes on 991 Posts

Interesting. I wonder if they consider used parts as there are surely quite a few wrecked and worn out HS250h vehicles sitting in recycling yards after 10 years. I bet these guys have some.
http://www.rancholexusrecycling.com/
Old 07-12-22, 05:10 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Our Volvo SUV got rearended on Saturday. I went into the bodyshop to get an estimate for repairs. The bodyshop told me, since my vehicle is a 2003 with 195,000 miles I should start looking for a replacement. The damage to our Volvo is at least $6,000 USD. The vehicle's value is probably nearly half that on a good day. Also, 'Classic' Volvo parts are getting hard to find. While there I asked about the black Lexus HS250h in the parking lot. The bodyshop says, they have scoured the country for new and lightly used parts, but so far nothing suitable for repair could be found. Japanese Domestic suppliers haven't come up with parts either. The bodyshop says the Insurance Company has decided that if parts for HS250h can't be located by Labour Day, the car will be a total loss due to lack of parts. I asked if that is an issue with Lexus or the HS250 specifically, they said no. An RX300 was recently totaled due to time delay in getting parts, upwards of ten months for a damaged tailgate, rear door panel assembly, and the vehicle's diminished value due to its high mileage. I guess the cost of a rental car for long periods of time does have an factor in the calculation for the total cost of repair. The higher the rental car cost, the higher the total repair cost, hence the higher chance of vehicle determined to be declared a total loss. Now for our Volvo, it drives fine and the tail lights are working and legal, it just looks horrible. Since the vehicle is roadworthy, the Insurance Company says that in the event that it is determined my Volvo is a total loss, I can drive it for a couple of months while I locate a new vehicle. Unfortunately, I do need an SUV, so I will be paying a premium. The local Toyota Dealer who services our Lexus put us on the list for a new or used RAV4 Hybrid. We won't need to puta deposit down until they have something being delivered soon or a used vehicle on the lot. All in all, not a good time to be purchasing a vehicle. But then again, there never is a good time to have an accident.
Old 07-29-22, 11:08 PM
850R
Pit Crew

I dropped by the bodyshop to ask about our Volvo. While I was there, I asked asked about the disposition concerning the damaged HS250h. The bodyshop reports that the Insurance company deemed the vehicle a total loss due to lack of parts. On Monday, the vehicle will be hauled away to a public auto action. From what they say most likely it will be bought by a U-Pull it Salvage Yard where it will be picked apart. Let this be a warning to anybody who owns one of these vehicles. The parts supply for the HS250h is affecting the repair possibility of damaged vehicles.