Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2023 up RX model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other fifth generation RX models.

RX500H Production - Hold

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-23 | 03:56 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Maxamillz
I bought a 500h back on 2/6/23 build date 1/21/23. I have around 640miles no issues. I reached out to the dealership cause I know the owner and asked them if they received any call memo and they said no. If I hear anything I will post it her.
How do you know the actual build date?
Old 03-09-23 | 04:41 PM
Maxamillz
10th Gear

It’s on your door. I had the dealer send me pictures every step of the way. Also I tracked it using that tracker app.
Old 03-14-23 | 06:58 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

There is a stop sale on the RX500h models and they have stopped production on them as well. Was told the reason is transmission problems, so Lexus is certainly aware of the issue and working on a fix.
Old 03-14-23 | 07:55 AM
Vanguard
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
There is a stop sale on the RX500h models and they have stopped production on them as well. Was told the reason is transmission problems, so Lexus is certainly aware of the issue and working on a fix.
When was this? I just bought a brand new 500H on friday...
Old 03-14-23 | 07:57 AM
John89
Pit Crew

I posted last Wed, as my dealer advised me they received a notice from Japan/CA advising. However what is strange is they still built my RX500h later on that week, so really don't get it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...tion-hold.html
Old 03-14-23 | 08:10 AM
Vanguard
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by John89
I posted last Wed, as my dealer advised me they received a notice from Japan/CA advising. However what is strange is they still built my RX500h later on that week, so really don't get it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...tion-hold.html
Looks to be resolved or VIN specific. Lexus dealer wouldn't sell a VIN that has a stop sell on it. That can get them in big trouble.
Old 03-14-23 | 08:13 AM
John89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Vanguard
Looks to be resolved or VIN specific. Lexus dealer wouldn't sell a VIN that has a stop sell on it. That can get them in big trouble.
I hope so, as this is bit concerning as I still have nightmares from early 2016 RX which even the software update did zero to help it. That ended with trading it for 2019 F sport which has been great.

@heffnerlex To point above do you have list of Vin this issue was identified on? Again thanks for your inside details..

Last edited by John89; 03-14-23 at 08:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MrTuckers (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23 | 10:52 AM
MrTuckers
Driver

Unhappy My 500h has been delayed/ground for 1 week (QC Inspections needed)

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
I have been waiting on an RX500h since end of November and finally found a dealer who put in an allocation a month ago, received the vehicle on the lot yesterday, and now is delaying the sale/delivery to me for an additional week until Lexus officials can perform an inspection because of a QC issue. All RX500h models have been grounded.

I did a search and it let me back here to our trusty forum. If the issue is definitely transmission problem, then I'm in no hurry to receive it until all issues are verified and resolved. The worst case scenario is a complete overhaul and replacement of transmission and then another long, long wait until replacement parts will be sent to dealerships.

Have there been any situations in where cars were sent back to factory (I hope not- that would be a nightmare for Lexus). I hope this is not the case for my current situation. I've already scheduled so many things related to the car in advanced and anticipation of arrival of car such a transport pickup/delivery of vehicle from East Coast dealer to West, smog testing, PPF protection film coating, etc. Everything is now screwed-up by a week or more.

I did ask the dealer if we can get the paperwork going and they said we can process it while car is awaiting inspection. With this being said, should I wait until the inspections are completed and then send them back the signed paperwork? Maybe I should request some kind of documentation saying that the car has been completely inspected and cleared of any QC issues before proceeding.

The dealer also said to hold-off for now on the down payment wire-transfer which I already knew I wasn't going to send them anyways until the matter has been resolved. I'm pretty sure if the V6 was still in this car, there would probably be no transmission issues but with this new 4 Cyl turbo mated to electric motors, we're looking at a whole new system that hasn't been proven yet to be reliable and unfortunately we are now designated the title of "First Wave Beta testers".

Last edited by MrTuckers; 03-17-23 at 10:56 AM.
gglover6 (04-09-23)
Old 03-17-23 | 01:57 PM
John89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MrTuckers
I have been waiting on an RX500h since end of November and finally found a dealer who put in an allocation a month ago, received the vehicle on the lot yesterday, and now is delaying the sale/delivery to me for an additional week until Lexus officials can perform an inspection because of a QC issue. All RX500h models have been grounded.

I did a search and it let me back here to our trusty forum. If the issue is definitely transmission problem, then I'm in no hurry to receive it until all issues are verified and resolved. The worst case scenario is a complete overhaul and replacement of transmission and then another long, long wait until replacement parts will be sent to dealerships.

Have there been any situations in where cars were sent back to factory (I hope not- that would be a nightmare for Lexus). I hope this is not the case for my current situation. I've already scheduled so many things related to the car in advanced and anticipation of arrival of car such a transport pickup/delivery of vehicle from East Coast dealer to West, smog testing, PPF protection film coating, etc. Everything is now screwed-up by a week or more.

I did ask the dealer if we can get the paperwork going and they said we can process it while car is awaiting inspection. With this being said, should I wait until the inspections are completed and then send them back the signed paperwork? Maybe I should request some kind of documentation saying that the car has been completely inspected and cleared of any QC issues before proceeding.

The dealer also said to hold-off for now on the down payment wire-transfer which I already knew I wasn't going to send them anyways until the matter has been resolved. I'm pretty sure if the V6 was still in this car, there would probably be no transmission issues but with this new 4 Cyl turbo mated to electric motors, we're looking at a whole new system that hasn't been proven yet to be reliable and unfortunately we are now designated the title of "First Wave Beta testers".
I don't understand why they can't share this with us, especially if we are awaiting orders. Honestly I am really thinking of going with 350F sport at this point at least we know that is basic setup and really don't have to worry about all these possible issues that may occur.
Please let us know if you hear anything further from dealer or any details.
Old 03-17-23 | 02:19 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

I don't understand why they can't share this with us, especially if we are awaiting orders. Honestly I am really thinking of going with 350F sport at this point at least we know that is basic setup and really don't have to worry about all these possible issues that may occur.
Please let us know if you hear anything further from dealer or any details.
I know right? If it’s a safety issue then it’s public info and they must disclose this per what my notary friend said. I was able to get the dealer to send me photos of the car and it was up on the lift undergoing inspection by their own mechanics. I asked dealer if the delay was caused by a transmission issue and surprisingly they said no. So then what is it?

I don’t know why official Lexus people aside from the dealer’s own mechanics need to perform the inspection. This was quite strange. I’m pretty sure a mechanic would be more than capable of verifying any issues.
Old 03-17-23 | 02:41 PM
John89
Pit Crew

I know right? If it’s a safety issue then it’s public info and they must disclose this per what my notary friend said. I was able to get the dealer to send me photos of the car and it was up on the lift undergoing inspection by their own mechanics. I asked dealer if the delay was caused by a transmission issue and surprisingly they said no. So then what is it?

I don’t know why official Lexus people aside from the dealer’s own mechanics need to perform the inspection. This was quite strange. I’m pretty sure a mechanic would be more than capable of verifying any issues.
If I had guess they want their Lexus people to inspect it this way they don’t have to disclose much to dealership. Can you share the pics to see if their particular item uncovered?
Old 03-17-23 | 03:03 PM
MrTuckers
Driver

If I had guess they want their Lexus people to inspect it this way they don’t have to disclose much to dealership. Can you share the pics to see if their particular item uncovered?
I’m sorry but I can’t share pics and I’m sure the dealer will not either. I just hope they can clear whatever the issue is so that myself and many others who have been waiting from finally enjoy this vehicle.

The pic shared to me by dealer was when the car was on the lift undergoing the routine new vehicle inspection after it arrives to the dealership.
Old 03-17-23 | 03:05 PM
John89
Pit Crew

I’m sorry but I can’t share pics and I’m sure the dealer will not either. I just hope they can clear whatever the issue is so that myself and many others who have been waiting from finally enjoy this vehicle.

The pic shared to me by dealer was when the car was on the lift undergoing the routine new vehicle inspection after it arrives to the dealership.
N/P good luck and if you can get anything out of them pls let us know!
MrTuckers (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23 | 03:06 PM
Eagleboy99
Instructor

The 500 does not use the same system as the 350h, right??
Old 03-17-23 | 03:15 PM
John89
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Eagleboy99
The 500 does not use the same system as the 350h, right??
Only same engine, everything else is completely different. RX 350f sport is basically the same power train from NX 350f same engine and transmission.

Quick Reply: RX500H Production - Hold