Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

TUXMAT Car Mat Review for 2023 Lexus NX350H

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-23, 08:47 AM
deedubb
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine came with the OEM Lexus mats but I had already purchased the Tuxmats before my car arrived. I'm keeping the Tuxmats and the Lexus ones are up for sale. While I like having the Lexus logo, the Tuxmats offer better coverage.
The following users liked this post:
romer (03-16-23)
Old 03-16-23, 06:20 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by deedubb
Mine came with the OEM Lexus mats but I had already purchased the Tuxmats before my car arrived. I'm keeping the Tuxmats and the Lexus ones are up for sale. While I like having the Lexus logo, the Tuxmats offer better coverage.
I thought about posting the OEM mats for sale, but everyone in Canada gets the all weather mats, who's going to buy them lol
Old 03-16-23, 06:22 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 158 Likes on 109 Posts

I too have the TuxMats and don't have the car yet. Kind of like buying the tie before buying the suit...
Old 03-17-23, 05:21 AM
nzahra11
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
I thought about posting the OEM mats for sale, but everyone in Canada gets the all weather mats, who's going to buy them lol
Keep the OEM rubber mats for the summer and use the Tuxmats for the winter. That's what I plan on doing in Ontario.
Old 03-17-23, 11:26 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 149 Posts

For all you Tuxmat owners, I have a dumb question. I'm down here in your Southern home of Florida. Hahaha so we don't have snow to deal with. The only salt we have is in the air.

The first thing my wife does when she gets in the car on the passenger side is kick her shoes off. Exactly what are these Tuxmats made of and how soft are they? What is the texture of the surface top and bottom?

I typically buy 3D MAXpider Kagu Rubber Floor Mats. They have a velcro-like backing that prevents shifting around. They also have the peg lock holes to lock the driver mat down. The top surface is a textured rubber and provides traction in all weather, but tough enough to scrape dirt and snow from footwear. They are really comfortable on bare feet. So I'm contemplating getting the Tuxmats even though they cost a bunch more than the 3D MAXpider floor mats.

Old 03-17-23, 07:36 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 419 Posts

Got my NX today, which came with the OEM rubber mats in addition to the carpet mats, I had pre-purchased the Tuxmats, well actually the "Phantom" version Tuxmat sells via Costco which I believe is identical, even down to the same origami cardboard box that that you can fold into a cardboard car, lol. Anyway, thought I'd share the differences to OEM mats. First, I will say the OEM winter mats are very nice. High quality rubber with decent edges to hold a lot of water. I expect they would do very nicely protecting your floor. However, the Tuxmat I think will do a better job protecting the edges of your floor and sides of your carpet. If you're like me and get annoyed at trying to remove that line of hardened salt stuck to your carpet at the edge of your winter mat in spring, well I'm hoping these will make a difference.

Start with the rear mats. OEM mats snap together in the middle, and because they are soft rubber easy to fit in and out. The Tuxmats are one piece, they bend somewhat, but not like nearly like the rubber mats. This material seems to be some kind of rubber impregnated fiber that is pressed into shape. It feels waterproof as they claim, How best to describe the feel? Not as comfy feeling as summer mats, but textured and nicer feeling than the OEM rubbers. Maybe like some kind of rubberized anti-skid type feeling. Not rough, not smooth, but not soft either. As you can see the Tuxmats have much higher protection on all sides except maybe towards the front, where they the close to same.

Rear mat comparison

Here is the comparison in driver mats. Again you can see the added side protection of the TuxMat and aroujnd the gas pedal. I am not worried about it getting tangled with the pedal itself, Note in the 3rd picture showing the TuxMat near the gas pedal I had not yet finished positioning the mat and putting the clips in that hold the side of the mat to the plastic trim. Frankly, the mats are firm enough that the mats don't flop around at all, but the clips are still a good idea.

Driver mat comparison

Driver mat OEM rubber

Driver mat Tuxmat

Finally, passenger side. I will say this about that. If you care about your car floors you are likely to be a bit more careful about bringing crap into your car on the driver's side. But your front passenger, do they care? Will they bring in a shovel full of snow and shake their boots out on your floor and get it everywhere every time they get in? I like the added coverage.

Hope this help you figure if that suit your needs or not...
The following 3 users liked this post by Droid13:
SgtLip (03-18-23), Utopiag (03-20-23), zanewyn (03-18-23)
Old 03-18-23, 05:54 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

@Droid13 THANKS for the great review. I will be buying the Phantom version of Tuxmat.

Are these special order (by vehicle model) from Costco and delivered to your home or does the store actually sell these? I haven't been to Costco's for awhile now as we don't have a store near me. My son-in-law has one in Orlando that I'll get to help me get a set. Just need to figure out how to get them.
Old 03-18-23, 12:32 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Okay, I discovered today that the Costco Branded floor mats are NOT available in the Florida Costco or website. Then I went to the Tuxmat website and discovered they are a Canadian Company. I also learned they are available at the Costco in Canada. So it must be a Canada thing with these floor mats.

Going to wait until vehicle arrives 12-15 April to see exactly what I have before ordering through Tuxmat. I do like the looks of these mats though.
Old 03-20-23, 11:11 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I am going to cheap out and buy these as soon as my wife's 2024 NXH arrives in April. I bet you she won't notice if the mats are there or not

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...A6424A0A0.aspx

$64 for set of 4
$50 for the cargo mat

The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (03-20-23)