Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

TUXMAT Car Mat Review for 2023 Lexus NX350H

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-23, 01:08 PM
Sonduren
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 21 Posts
Default TUXMAT Car Mat Review for 2023 Lexus NX350H

So I decided to get some more protection for my 2023 Lexus NX350H and went with the highly rated car floor mats on the market, the Tuxmat car mat. The mats are custom-fit to insure a perfect fit and maximum coverage and they had a new design for the Lexus NX. Honestly, I have been very pleased with them and am just going to keep them in the car all winter and summer. They look really great and add to the luxury feel of the interior. When I first saw the price of $250 I felt it was a bit steep, but after 4,000km using them in the winter, I am happy with them and say they are worth the buy. They keep all the dirt and grime in the bucketed design, cover all the carpeted areas, and are easy to clean and look great. Just wanted to share a great accessory you can add to your NX!

Last edited by Sonduren; 03-09-23 at 01:14 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Sonduren:
harper7 (03-09-23), Kirii056 (03-09-23), romer (03-09-23), SgtLip (03-16-23), Utopiag (03-09-23)
Old 03-09-23, 02:57 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 158 Likes on 109 Posts

Totally agree re TuxMats. It's all I put in our cars--and some other family members as gifts. Easy to clean and they keep their original appearance.
The following users liked this post:
Sonduren (03-10-23)
Old 03-09-23, 04:33 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I also have Tuxmats in my NX. Love the looks and how high the side walls are to keep the winter slush/salt in. FYI if you own Tuxmats, you can email tuxmat to get $20 discount code for additional sets for other vehicles.
The following 2 users liked this post by zanewyn:
romer (03-09-23), Sonduren (03-10-23)
Old 03-09-23, 07:47 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonduren
So I decided to get some more protection for my 2023 Lexus NX350H and went with the highly rated car floor mats on the market, the Tuxmat car mat. The mats are custom-fit to insure a perfect fit and maximum coverage and they had a new design for the Lexus NX. Honestly, I have been very pleased with them and am just going to keep them in the car all winter and summer. They look really great and add to the luxury feel of the interior. When I first saw the price of $250 I felt it was a bit steep, but after 4,000km using them in the winter, I am happy with them and say they are worth the buy. They keep all the dirt and grime in the bucketed design, cover all the carpeted areas, and are easy to clean and look great. Just wanted to share a great accessory you can add to your NX!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcdIBoaZ-x4
You are super cool! We watched your video, and we decided to get a N350H
Sonduren (03-10-23)
Old 03-10-23, 12:19 PM
FWCA
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Lexus winter mats (like Weather Tech mats but less side protection) and cargo liner were included in my car.
Old 03-10-23, 12:21 PM
Sonduren
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirii056
You are super cool! We watched your video, and we decided to get a N350H
Thanks man I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!
Old 03-10-23, 01:32 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I was wondering have you also tried the Phantom Mats from Costco? I heard they are the rebranded version of these Tuxmats but Costco.
Old 03-10-23, 01:57 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
I was wondering have you also tried the Phantom Mats from Costco? I heard they are the rebranded version of these Tuxmats but Costco.
Good find, they do look pretty much identical right down to the install videos. I didn't go thru the order process though, do they differ much from the price directly from Tuxmat?
Old 03-10-23, 02:09 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

According to Costco.ca, the Phantom mats is $229.99 and the Tuxmats from Tuxmat is $256.80 both are before taxes. Costco has free returns while Tuxmat will only cover the return shipping cost if its due to a defect.
The following 2 users liked this post by Edison_Chen:
Doug007 (03-13-23), Droid13 (03-10-23)
Old 03-10-23, 02:15 PM
Kirii056
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks man I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!
Still waiting! We are getting it sometime between the end of March / first week of April.
Dkaplan (03-10-23)
Old 03-11-23, 05:33 PM
Droid13
Racer

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
According to Costco.ca, the Phantom mats is $229.99 and the Tuxmats from Tuxmat is $256.80 both are before taxes. Costco has free returns while Tuxmat will only cover the return shipping cost if its due to a defect.
I went ahead and ordered the Phantom mats today from Costco. Lots of the reviews commented that Tuxmat logos are present so it definitely seems to be a Tuxmat product. I guess it just remains to be seen if this side brand they sell thru Costco is of equal quality. At least as you say Costco has a very friendly return policy so I don't see a risk at this point giving them a try and keeping $25 in my pocket. I saw my NX350 for the first time today, just arrived at the dealer a couple days ago (took about 5 weeks to arrive after deposit, better than I expected). Picking it up in a week and with plenty of snow still around so far, I decided to get better mats in so I can get them installed for day 1.
Edison_Chen (03-11-23)
Old 03-13-23, 07:11 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 243 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Droid13
I went ahead and ordered the Phantom mats today from Costco. Lots of the reviews commented that Tuxmat logos are present so it definitely seems to be a Tuxmat product. I guess it just remains to be seen if this side brand they sell thru Costco is of equal quality. At least as you say Costco has a very friendly return policy so I don't see a risk at this point giving them a try and keeping $25 in my pocket. I saw my NX350 for the first time today, just arrived at the dealer a couple days ago (took about 5 weeks to arrive after deposit, better than I expected). Picking it up in a week and with plenty of snow still around so far, I decided to get better mats in so I can get them installed for day 1.
I had purchased these mats back in 2020 for my 2020 RX thinking it would only come with carpeted mats for the non-winter seasons. They are really nice, but when we got the car, we realized it too came with both carpet and rubber/plastic floor coverings for the winter. I took them back to Costco as there really isn't a need for a 3rd set of mats. The factory mats fit perfectly and I've never had an issue with them. Our NX came with the 2 sets of mats. They fit perfectly and are doing the job. I see no need for a 3rd set of mats. Just my opinion, though.
Old 03-13-23, 04:00 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
I had purchased these mats back in 2020 for my 2020 RX thinking it would only come with carpeted mats for the non-winter seasons. They are really nice, but when we got the car, we realized it too came with both carpet and rubber/plastic floor coverings for the winter. I took them back to Costco as there really isn't a need for a 3rd set of mats. The factory mats fit perfectly and I've never had an issue with them. Our NX came with the 2 sets of mats. They fit perfectly and are doing the job. I see no need for a 3rd set of mats. Just my opinion, though.
I find the OEM mats not deep enough so it doesn't fully cover the sides. This is especially a problem during winter and is a PITA to clean once salt & grimes get on the carpet.
Old 03-13-23, 04:00 PM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcdIBoaZ-x4
love these videos! Keep it up!
Old 03-13-23, 08:40 PM
Droid13
Racer

Originally Posted by JasDmw
I have the genuine Lexus rubber winter mats in my current RX and they are certainly very high quality, but they were only "ok-ish" at keeping salt and crap off the sides. I'm hoping for better this time around...

Quick Reply: TUXMAT Car Mat Review for 2023 Lexus NX350H