Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Can’t change maintenance past 12/30/2022!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-23 | 07:10 PM
dpleticha
Rookie

Default Can’t change maintenance past 12/30/2022!

Actually, as of the beginning of the year, I’ve had the Maintenance Required light to come on when there was no maintenance required based on the dates/mileage set last year. Resetting the maintenance required light makes it go away but eventually it comes back.

When I try and update the dates to a date past 10/30/2022, a message pops up that says “Setting possible up to the year 2022”. If you try a date earlier than 12/30/2022 it says “Date is in the past. Please check and change”.

I’m assuming this undocumented feature is what is causing my Maintenance Required light to automagically turn on. Has anyone experienced this on a 2006 RX400h? Is there anyway to update the firmware running the console screen? I’ve had to delete the battery notification even though it was just replaced last January so it quits prompting me to replace it. I usually have to replace it every two years anyway if I’m lucky enough to have it last even that long!
Old 04-13-23 | 08:37 PM
iMSQ
Instructor

Mileage service reset on Speedometer doesn't correlate to Maintenance menu service records on Navi screen. Maintenance Required light will return in 5k miles after Mileage service reset (if another interval were not set by Dealer)
Old 11-03-23 | 08:47 AM
RXy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dpleticha
Actually, as of the beginning of the year, I’ve had the Maintenance Required light to come on when there was no maintenance required based on the dates/mileage set last year. Resetting the maintenance required light makes it go away but eventually it comes back.

When I try and update the dates to a date past 10/30/2022, a message pops up that says “Setting possible up to the year 2022”. If you try a date earlier than 12/30/2022 it says “Date is in the past. Please check and change”.

I’m assuming this undocumented feature is what is causing my Maintenance Required light to automagically turn on. Has anyone experienced this on a 2006 RX400h? Is there anyway to update the firmware running the console screen? I’ve had to delete the battery notification even though it was just replaced last January so it quits prompting me to replace it. I usually have to replace it every two years anyway if I’m lucky enough to have it last even that long!

So did you figure tis out. I have the exact same issue. I cannot reset it since the current dates are not allowed.
Can anyone comment on how they dolved this? Other than that the vehicle runs like a Lexus !!
Old 08-14-24 | 08:46 AM
jooksing82
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RXy
So did you figure tis out. I have the exact same issue. I cannot reset it since the current dates are not allowed.
Can anyone comment on how they dolved this? Other than that the vehicle runs like a Lexus !!
Any updates? My 08 is running into the same issue saying it can not set any date past the year 2024.
The following users liked this post:
Geoduck (10-10-24)
Old 08-25-24 | 11:26 AM
rwmnau
Rookie

Did you figure this out? I got new tires on my 07 and I guess it doesn’t support dates past 2024 so……

Originally Posted by jooksing82
Any updates? My 08 is running into the same issue saying it can not set any date past the year 2024.
Old 08-28-24 | 10:14 PM
jooksing82
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rwmnau
Did you figure this out? I got new tires on my 07 and I guess it doesn’t support dates past 2024 so……
I found this in the Gx forum but I did.not try it yet.

Originally Posted by TDYalden
As we figured, the year changing to 2023 didn't re-enable our ability to reset maintenance reminders past 2022; however, I did discover a workaround.
1. Enter the maintenance item in question
2. Select the DISTANCE button
3. Enter any value between 1 and 9 (a single digit works just fine)
4. Select OK
5. Go back into the same maintenance item, select DISTANCE and enter your desired value - e.g. 10,000
6. Select OK

That's it! Reminder is reset. I tested it out during my morning commute and it worked perfectly.
Old 09-18-24 | 09:55 AM
jpw
Pit Crew

I'm not sure if the GX method works since I just read it, but I figured out a way around the above just a few minutes ago. I personally don't care about the date on any maintenance item, just the mileage.

I have an 07 and I thought you always had to enter a date in addition to the mileage. What I found out is that if you have a legitimate date entered into a maintenance item, when you go in to reset the miles, it requires you to also move the date back if that date has been surpassed, i.e. if you enter a date, you have to keep using the date on a maintenance item. If there's a legit date in the maintenance item, you can't 'clear' out the date.

I had nothing to lose, so I went into a maintenance item, and of course took note of the remaining miles for that item. Next, click the "Delete" button.

If it's a pre-set item, all you have to do is to go back into that item, and only enter the miles - don't enter a date. Next Click "OK" and it takes it ! The date just has 2 zeros in the year and the dd/mm are blank. It now only will track the miles and will ignore the current date.
If it's a custom item, do the same procedure as the above, but you also have to re-enter your custom maintenance item "Name" in addition to the mileage, again don't touch the date.

So that's how I got mine to work. I'm so glad I'm going to be able to keep using these reminders because they're so handy.