Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Nx450h - delivery questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-23, 04:57 AM
RandallC
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Nx450h - delivery questions

Can’t believe it, but it seems that after 19 months, my dealer (Lexus of Lakeridge, just outside Toronto) told me that my 2024 NX-450h is now scheduled for production, and I’ll get it in 4-6 weeks. I’ve scoured the boards, but can’t find the answers to these questions, so am asking here:

1) My contract is for the 2022 with executive package - any ideas how to deal with any difference in price? Should I just suck it up, or is there room to negotiate?

2) I’m a bit confused about the $5000 federal iZEV rebate - does it apply or not? Note that I have read the web pages on this at https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transpo...ssion-vehicles, and see that the 2024 nx450h qualifies, but does the NX450h with the Exec package qualify? More importantly, if it does qualify, what do I say to my SA to get them to update the paperwork so that it is actually applied? (It’s not on my 2021 contract.).

3) is there a way for me to track the progress of the vehicle through manufacturing and then shipping? (I was told the VIN is only attached at the final stage of manufacturing.)

4) Are there specific things that I should insist be done during the dealer prep, before I accept the car?

5) Beyond the usual, are there specific things that I should check for when I pick up the car?

Thank you!
Old 06-02-23, 06:00 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 419 Posts

1) I think they will write up a new contract at the current price and you will get on your knees and kiss the ring on their finger. The pre-order agreement you have will not be guaranteed. The alternative, pause for a sec and decide how many other people waiting less than 19 months would gladly knock you to the floor and kneel on your back while they kiss the ring to take your car from you . I might even consider it myself, I could trade mine in.

4) I got my car from the same dealer, their delivery experience is quite good. There is typically not a lot to do in the dealer prep, simply an inspection to make sure everything is as it should be. What I've heard that on occasion is forgotten is the installation of the body plugs (if they aren't installed at factory, they will be left in the glove box typically), but for the most part they are simply taking out all the packaging materials, putting in any accessories you may have ordered or that come with the car, and verifying its road worthy and clean.

5) The most important thing to check is any cosmetic damage from shipping inside and out, but especially on the lower edges where tie downs may have occurred or from travelling up and down ramps. Mechanical issues will be covered by warranty for years so no biggie if you miss something like that afterwards, but notice a dent or scratch a week after delivery and that's all on you. But otherwise, check all accessories expected are included.

Cheers and Good luck.

Last edited by Droid13; 06-02-23 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-02-23, 06:11 AM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Install the Lexus app on your phone, make an account etc so it is one less thing to do at dealer. Also check the tire pressure---it may be a few psi above spec during shipping to keep the rubber from going square if it had to sit in a lot (which is not the case with the plug in as they are >100% presold and go out the door)
Old 06-02-23, 07:10 AM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RandallC
Can’t believe it, but it seems that after 19 months, my dealer (Lexus of Lakeridge, just outside Toronto) told me that my 2024 NX-450h is now scheduled for production, and I’ll get it in 4-6 weeks. I’ve scoured the boards, but can’t find the answers to these questions, so am asking here:

1) My contract is for the 2022 with executive package - any ideas how to deal with any difference in price? Should I just suck it up, or is there room to negotiate?

2) I’m a bit confused about the $5000 federal iZEV rebate - does it apply or not? Note that I have read the web pages on this at https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transpo...ssion-vehicles, and see that the 2024 nx450h qualifies, but does the NX450h with the Exec package qualify? More importantly, if it does qualify, what do I say to my SA to get them to update the paperwork so that it is actually applied? (It’s not on my 2021 contract.).

3) is there a way for me to track the progress of the vehicle through manufacturing and then shipping? (I was told the VIN is only attached at the final stage of manufacturing.)

4) Are there specific things that I should insist be done during the dealer prep, before I accept the car?

5) Beyond the usual, are there specific things that I should check for when I pick up the car?

Thank you!
2) It does qualify I am also waiting for the 450h+ executive also from Lakeridge of Ajax. The rebate is on my bill of sale already. They will apply it to your bill after taxes. I am at 12 months so I guess things are not picking up as suggested.
Old 06-02-23, 07:11 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 412 Posts

Thank you!
First of all, congrats on getting the notification that it's going into production. The car will arrive soon! That is great news.

#1 - they will write a new contract. The contract you signed was for a 2022 model year vehicle and it would not apply. So you will take a hit on the price, but you should be getting ML stereo as part of the price difference which is something you did not get in the 2022 model.

#2 - I did not get the rebate cos I got my car before the car qualifies. The 2024 NX450h+ Executive qualifies for the $5000 rebate. They will write a new contract, so it will be there.

#3 - There is no way to track it in Canada. Other markets they have ways to track it, but Lexus Canada is still old school system. You got to ask your dealership.

#4 - Ensure you have your contract signed the finance/purchase/lease agreements and rates. Make sure there are no addons that you do not want.

#5 - Check for any issues with paint or any chips due to transport. Check the seats to see if there are any stains. Find the key card as some people have been having issues cos the key card was left in the glove compartment. Have the Lexus app installed on your phone and the tech advisor would help you setup your profiles and stuff. If you have multiple drivers, make sure the other driver also has the app installed and have the advisor help set that up as well. It's possible you will still get 1 key fob and the key card. The second key fob will come later due to shortage.
Old 06-02-23, 09:54 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 149 Posts

Not in Canada.
They forgot to install my Body Plugs. I found them in the glovebox just like @Droid13 said. I live 125 miles from the dealer. They actually had a mechanic drive to my home and install them. It took all of 3 minutes total to install all 4 plugs. Most of that time was spent with him getting off the ground and walking around the car to get the other side. But check the glovebox before leaving the dealer just in case. I actually saw them in there and asked but the salesman didn't say anything. When I called to ask again, they realized they screwed up and went out of their way to complete the job.

Other than that, just like others said, walk around the car and check for damage or issues.
Old 06-03-23, 05:59 AM
shiftD7
Driver

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats on the new car! I know the feeling as I had to wait 10 months as well. Everyone here has provide great advice.

1) It will be a new contract unfortunately but I would also check the current Lexus Canada offers for incentives and rates that would also now apply to your vehicle

2) Yes it qualifies. LFST has been tracking this for everyone. Executive Package is not considered part of model MSRP. At the dealership it will come directly off your bill of sale and you just need to sign a paper confirming you received it so that the dealer can get the rebate.

5) Check to make sure you have all of the accessories that are included in Canadian vehicles. Carpet and All Weather mats, side rear corner PPF, mud guards, trunk netting, trunk exterior strip and more that I can't remember now.
​​​
​​​​​
Old 06-03-23, 06:02 AM
RandallC
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all! REALLY foolish question, but what in the world are “Body Plugs”?
- Randall
Old 06-03-23, 06:49 AM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 149 Posts

Thanks all! REALLY foolish question, but what in the world are “Body Plugs”?
- Randall
There are 4 oval shaped holes in the chassis. They ship the cars with the holes open for inspection. The dealer is supposed to install the provided plugs prior to delivery. They seal off the inside of the chassis rails. If left open, water and debris would get inside and corrode the frame from the inside out. You need those cheap plastic plugs. Especially if you're in the North or Canada where they salt the roads in winter.