Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

2024 NX350h Luxury Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-23, 11:36 PM
Mrblazecat
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2024 NX350h Luxury Leather Seats

This will be my first time having leather seats. What leather cleaner/conditioner does everyone use and or is it even needed? Thanks!
Old 07-02-23, 12:10 AM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

For brand new leather you can get away with damp microfiber cloth with water or rinseless wash.

You can use the colourlock system - clean with mild cleaner, apply leather shield until 3 years old, then use leather protector when leather is older than 3 years.

Just keep the leather clean and reasses what you need as the leather ages.

A lot of cleaning products that can clean and add a bit of protection. Some suggestions: optimum protectant plus, turtle wax inside job, diy detail interior clean and protect.

If you have the white or palomino leather seats and you want to go the extra mile, I would recommend interior ceramic coating for the leather to prevent dye transfer into the leather. Some examples: colourlock leather shield, cquartz leather 2.0, diy detail interior ceramic

Last edited by Pandaroo; 07-02-23 at 12:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SoCalSlim (07-04-23)
Old 07-02-23, 04:56 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Not needed. Leave leather alone for a while. If called for I’m big fan of 303 Protectant. It’s good for leather, vinyl. It is breathable.
What colour interior?

Last edited by Sounds; 07-02-23 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-02-23, 06:18 AM
Mrblazecat
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have black seats, thank you both for the advice! Hopefully black is easy to maintain. I kinda wish I could choose the Nuluxe since I heard good things about it and that it is easier to maintain.
Old 07-02-23, 06:25 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mrblazecat
I have black seats, thank you both for the advice! Hopefully black is easy to maintain. I kinda wish I could choose the Nuluxe since I heard good things about it and that it is easier to maintain.
The beauty of black is it stays black. Easy to maintain. You’ll be fine. Enjoy your ride.
Old 07-03-23, 06:26 AM
GreyGooseNX
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any suggestions for the Rioja red seats?
Old 07-03-23, 07:52 AM
Pandaroo
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IneedNX
Detailing is always up to each individual to decide how much effort/money to maintain their personal car.

I personally would apply a leather ceramic coating to anything that is not black leather.
  • Lazy person/don't care, but still care a bit = wipe leather with a damp towel every fortnight or as needed. Modern auto leather is covered with a PU coating, so some people believe that a wipe with water is more than enough.
  • I care and I want to add UV protection to my seats = my recommendation is to use cleaning products (I mentioned above) they clean and apply UV protection at the same time. Saves you some time. 303 protectant is good too, but you will need to clean the leather first, then apply 303.
  • I want to be an enthusiast detailer and spend $$$ on detailing products to take care of my baby = interior ceramic coatings for leather seats (I mentioned above). The hydrophobic layer does help with dye transfer from your jeans on lighter leather. These coatings will also add UV protection. Any other benefits can be debatable due to the PU coating on modern leather.
Brand new leather seats are quite durable, so do any or none of the suggested above. Keep the seats clean and re-assess after your 2-3 years, then you can decide if your leather seats need some kind of leather conditioner.
Old 07-03-23, 10:33 AM
Malky
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I’ve always used Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Used it on my BMW M3, Audi SQ5 and plan to use it on my NX350h. Kept the leather looking factory new.
The following 2 users liked this post by Malky:
SoCalSlim (07-04-23), Sounds (07-04-23)
Old 07-03-23, 01:39 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by IneedNX
Best enjoyed when sat on... Getting ours today and putting my butt on the drivers seat....but seriously Nothing really has to be done. If there are kids/coffee drinkers, etc maybe consider a warranty plan> We just got home....the Rioja is pretty nice
Old 07-04-23, 10:16 AM
SoCalSlim
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I wipe down the leather interior weekly with nothing more than a clean, slightly damp microfiber cloth. I also keep a clean microfiber cloth in the manual/glove compartment for immediate use in case of any spills or scuffs.

Lexol Leather Cleaner and their Conditioner have long been my go-to products for leather vehicle interiors, leather furniture, and the custom leather seat on a motorcycle.

And I have rules. No food or beverages are allowed to be consumed in my vehicles, except bottled water. Passengers must keep their feet flat on the floor. Children's hands are first wiped with a clean damp microfiber cloth and their shoes are removed before entering my vehicle, where a stain-resistant fitted seat cover has already been placed on the rear seat. All groceries, cargo, etc. are placed in the rear cargo area - nothing is ever placed on the seats. And yes, I also store stain-resistant fitted front seat covers in the hidden rear cargo area, ready for duty.
Old 07-04-23, 01:33 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCalSlim
I wipe down the leather interior weekly with nothing more than a clean, slightly damp microfiber cloth. I also keep a clean microfiber cloth in the manual/glove compartment for immediate use in case of any spills or scuffs.

Lexol Leather Cleaner and their Conditioner have long been my go-to products for leather vehicle interiors, leather furniture, and the custom leather seat on a motorcycle.

And I have rules. No food or beverages are allowed to be consumed in my vehicles, except bottled water. Passengers must keep their feet flat on the floor. Children's hands are first wiped with a clean damp microfiber cloth and their shoes are removed before entering my vehicle, where a stain-resistant fitted seat cover has already been placed on the rear seat. All groceries, cargo, etc. are placed in the rear cargo area - nothing is ever placed on the seats. And yes, I also store stain-resistant fitted front seat covers in the hidden rear cargo area, ready for duty.
Rules. I commend you. Some people say it’s only a car. Is it? Cars are expensive and beautiful. The interior is as nice or nicer than the furniture in a house. I personally take pride it keeping the interior up to par. We live there. It’s a daily part of our lives.
Old 07-04-23, 03:07 PM
SgtLip
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Reminds me of being in the military again. I'll walk thank you.

Tundra07 (07-04-23)
Old 07-04-23, 07:10 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

My dogs love the car, and we never eat in the car!!

Last edited by Dkaplan; 07-05-23 at 03:05 PM.
SgtLip (07-04-23)