Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Looking into the NX350 AWD and NX350H

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-23, 01:00 PM
Batty
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
Hi All,

We are looking into the NX350 AWD and NX 350H. I hope some can help with some questions about these 2 vehicles.

Probably the Premium package. How's the radio like, is there enough base? Any static or distortion?

For the NX350 and NX 350H, Do you'll get the MPG as advertised? I'm reading that some reports that drivers are getting less MPG? Any problems besides the one I read about Carplay and Android Auto wireless problems?

NX350 AWD, anyone have any issues with the turbo engine in particular?

NX350H wait times appears to be super long. Any problems with the hybrid also?

How's the cargo capacity, is it too small or just right?

We are trying to compare to the Toyota Rav4 XSE. I know the Rav4 has different engine but cargo capacity appears to be a tab better but the engine is weaker but it's not turbo.

Thanks for sharing.
Radio is adequate. If you like bass, you will need to upgrade to a good sub as this vehicle is not designed to thump. Volume gets loud without distortion.

NX350 Turbo is finicky in MPG. If you have even the slightest lead foot, you absolutely will not get advertised MPG. If you drive delicately and with very slow acceleration, you will. And if you like to drive fast in the highway, say ~80mph, you will not get great gas mileage. You need to drive 65 and under. I live where the speed limits are higher so my gas mileage is not great.

Cargo space is adequate unless you add a sub in the back like I did

Old 08-10-23, 09:54 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Droid13
They share a lot of the same suspension and powertrain components, but the bodies are designed separately. The RAV4 is an sUv, the NX is an Suv, your choice if S is for sport or that other 4 letter S word

Just looking from the back gets a sense of potential differences in cargo space volume. Also, the NX is designed for larger wheels, so I imagine that might also has some possible impact on cargo volume.

The cargo space, run flat tires, 2nd row interior room is better on the Rav4. I wish Lexus had a vehicle a clone of the Rav4 but more refined in the Lexus.
Old 08-10-23, 09:56 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Batty
Radio is adequate. If you like bass, you will need to upgrade to a good sub as this vehicle is not designed to thump. Volume gets loud without distortion.

NX350 Turbo is finicky in MPG. If you have even the slightest lead foot, you absolutely will not get advertised MPG. If you drive delicately and with very slow acceleration, you will. And if you like to drive fast in the highway, say ~80mph, you will not get great gas mileage. You need to drive 65 and under. I live where the speed limits are higher so my gas mileage is not great.

Cargo space is adequate unless you add a sub in the back like I did
I would probably look at the NX 350h so it's not a turbo. ML is so awesome in my Lexus GS so that's hard to compromise (need luxury package) at dealer to get that option. My Lexus dealer indicates they only get 2 packages.
Old 08-11-23, 11:25 AM
Batty
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
I would probably look at the NX 350h so it's not a turbo. ML is so awesome in my Lexus GS so that's hard to compromise (need luxury package) at dealer to get that option. My Lexus dealer indicates they only get 2 packages.
When I bought, the 350h was hard to find and Lexus was having trouble getting components for ML donut wasn’t available. I didn’t want to wait so I got what I got. The 350h would have been nice though for sure. Adding the sub made the radio perfect for me so I’m happy there.