Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Warning light on Lexus 450h

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-23, 11:28 PM
MadeSetiadji
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning light on Lexus 450h

Hello all, this is my first time having lexus, RX 450h F Sport. I bought it after 2 times general check up and both said all are good, but in couple days after that, the light came to me and haunting me all days (engine check, PCS, slip warning, brake light). Tomorrow i will check again with different mechanic, and i hope my boy is in a good shape. Any opinion from senior here? Thank in advance.
Amber engine check light PCS warning light Slip warning light Regenerative brake warning light
Old 07-16-23, 07:29 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,106 Likes on 995 Posts

Do not think the worst at this time.

Mechanic should have a tool to test and report a one or more "error code(s)" stored in the RX computer. If you are interested, you can purchase that tool "OBDll" reader. They are inexpensive for the basic tools.

Once you get the error codes, list them here and we can go from there.

Generally, I recommend that write those codes and clear them [ask the mechanic to do so] and when they appear again take action if they are the same codes.

A bit late, but before purchase the check should include reading the codes and if the computer says something is "not ready" wait few days to read the code. There is chance that something new has happened, but more likely the previous owner cleared the codes and you are discovering those now.

Salim
Old 07-16-23, 03:51 PM
MadeSetiadji
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by salimshah
Do not think the worst at this time.

Mechanic should have a tool to test and report a one or more "error code(s)" stored in the RX computer. If you are interested, you can purchase that tool "OBDll" reader. They are inexpensive for the basic tools.

Once you get the error codes, list them here and we can go from there.

Generally, I recommend that write those codes and clear them [ask the mechanic to do so] and when they appear again take action if they are the same codes.

A bit late, but before purchase the check should include reading the codes and if the computer says something is "not ready" wait few days to read the code. There is chance that something new has happened, but more likely the previous owner cleared the codes and you are discovering those now.

Salim
more likely the previous owner cleared the codes, i already sun all the error code from this forum and the cause, i will inform you later after the check. Thanks.
Old 07-18-23, 02:48 AM
MadeSetiadji
3rd Gear

The problem is P0A80..
confirmed by 2 mechanic, that the battery should be replaced. Case closed.

Yeah the result is the worst case scenario, the battery isnt in good shape.
Old 07-18-23, 02:35 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,106 Likes on 995 Posts

Again the diagnosis needs to drill down to actual failure.

For EVs and hybrids there is an option to remove-replace cell(s). This can reduce the repair bill substantially.

Salim