Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Unique(?) circumstance with the dreaded "Check Hybrid System" issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-23, 04:12 PM
BraveHelios
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unique(?) circumstance with the dreaded "Check Hybrid System" issue.

Hey all,

Having the dreaded "Check Hybrid System" message with my car. In my case (it has happened twice so far... one year apart; once with my son driving and once with me). In both cases, the message comes up, I noticed these things...

1. First time with my son... the day was hot, he was driving on the highway at around 80-85 mph, message came on and he says the car got to the point that no matter how much throttle was given, the car kept slowing down so he pulled over then had it towed home. The car sat for a couple of weeks until I was able to look at it. Made sure all fluids were at the correct level, started and it drove fine. Not a problem for around one year of mostly my wife driving it to and from work (10 miles each way on flat terrain and stop and go traffic).

2. Last week, we were driving in the mountains, on the road, a cool day with spirited driving. The message came up again plus with the yellow triangle with exclamation point (red symbol never displayed). I drove a bit more mostly trying to find a place to pull over but also noticed that the engine was revving while the car was moving slower and slower until I stopped. Had the car towed back home; waited a day, made sure all fluids looked good. Started it and took it for a drive and it has no problems once again. Note, in both cases, I have the Blue Driver Code Reader and was able to clear all codes.

There has to be enough diagnosing information here to come up with a remedy, I hope! Both cases... codes P2601 and P3000 came up. Unfortunately, these are generic codes that do not tell me much.

Bradan in his thread wrote...

(https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...id-system.html)

(thread #9) that for him it turned out to be a failing transmission oil pump which sounds very intriguing. Others mentioned if the trans oil is overfilled, that might cause the issue. I did change the trans fluid a few months before the issue occurred with my son.

Anyone else have similar experiences and if so, what was your fix?

​​​​​​Thanks!

Last edited by BraveHelios; 09-20-23 at 11:25 AM.