Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Is it worth buying the lower version of the 350H?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-23, 06:30 AM
Gontareek
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it worth buying the lower version of the 350H?

Hello everyone! I was determined to buy a Lexus UX250H - but after a test drive, I found that it was too small, so I decided to add some money to the NX350H model. Unfortunately, due to the limited budget, I could only buy the basic version, I would like to ask a few questions to the owners.

1) Do 18" tires and rims look good for the weight of this car? Don't they look ridiculously small?

2) What do you think about the 10-inch display, a big difference compared to 14 inches? Will the features be the same?

3) This version has halogen turn signals at the front - can they be cheaply replaced with LED ones?

Adding larger rims, a screen and a few additional options unfortunately costs $8,000 and the waiting time is significantly longer. It seems to me that the less equipped NX will be a better choice than the fancy UX.
Old 10-15-23, 07:44 AM
isaacsow
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gontareek
Hello everyone! I was determined to buy a Lexus UX250H - but after a test drive, I found that it was too small, so I decided to add some money to the NX350H model. Unfortunately, due to the limited budget, I could only buy the basic version, I would like to ask a few questions to the owners.

1) Do 18" tires and rims look good for the weight of this car? Don't they look ridiculously small?

2) What do you think about the 10-inch display, a big difference compared to 14 inches? Will the features be the same?

3) This version has halogen turn signals at the front - can they be cheaply replaced with LED ones?

Adding larger rims, a screen and a few additional options unfortunately costs $8,000 and the waiting time is significantly longer. It seems to me that the less equipped NX will be a better choice than the fancy UX.
I have a base 350h. I wanted a higher trim but didn’t want to wait longer. I think the 18” wheels look fine. The 10” screen hasn’t bothered me like I thought it would. I replaced the front halogen turn signals with LEDs from Amazon and they’ve. Been working great.
The following 2 users liked this post by isaacsow:
Doug007 (03-05-24), penzfan (03-02-24)
Old 10-15-23, 08:08 AM
Gontareek
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by isaacsow
I have a base 350h. I wanted a higher trim but didn’t want to wait longer. I think the 18” wheels look fine. The 10” screen hasn’t bothered me like I thought it would. I replaced the front halogen turn signals with LEDs from Amazon and they’ve. Been working great.
Thanks. Please send a link to the LED bulbs - were they difficult to replace? The biggest problem is the waiting time for the higher version - would you order the basic model again? what interior/exterior finish do you have? 😌
Old 10-15-23, 08:44 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

If that is your budget I think you are making the right choice. Nothing wrong with the base. Give it thought so there's no remorse. 10" screen is still a big screen.
Smaller wheels. Good side is they’ll be less expensive to replace. If appearance bothers you don’t let it. Nothing wrong with how the base NX looks

Last edited by Sounds; 10-15-23 at 09:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
penzfan (03-02-24)
Old 10-15-23, 09:20 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

I have a 350 f sport with not many upgrades. The 10" screen is plenty. I use android auto for navigation the only thing i dont like is when i go to full screen i get the search overlay which i dont like. I wish i had seat memory but im the only one driving it now. Otherwise i dont miss anything.
The following 2 users liked this post by Geopoz:
Doug007 (10-18-23), Sounds (10-15-23)
Old 10-15-23, 09:39 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Don’t let the smaller wheels deter you from buying because it’s something you can easily change later. Chances are, after a few months, you’ll not even notice the wheel size.
Sounds (10-15-23)
Old 10-15-23, 11:03 AM
romer
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

I notice my dealer is now getting lots of 350h base models. I have the Premier package in part because I didn't want a pano-roof (I have the traditional moon roof) and I definitely didn't want the 20" wheels. I don't know about the base models but on Premiers Lexus adds several options to them so I'm guessing there might be some nice surprises on the base. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 10-15-23, 11:18 AM
Gontareek
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by romer
I notice my dealer is now getting lots of 350h base models. I have the Premier package in part because I didn't want a pano-roof (I have the traditional moon roof) and I definitely didn't want the 20" wheels. I don't know about the base models but on Premiers Lexus adds several options to them so I'm guessing there might be some nice surprises on the base. Good luck with your purchase.
Thank you. Why didn't you want 20 inch wheels? Have you seen 18 and 20 in person before buying?

I heard from the dealer that smaller wheels have less noise, lower fuel consumption, are more comfortable on curbs and are cheaper to use.
Doug007 (03-05-24)
Old 10-15-23, 11:38 AM
romer
Intermediate

I wanted the 18" wheels for all the reasons your dealer mentioned. And I think they look fine.
penzfan (03-02-24)
Old 10-15-23, 04:24 PM
isaacsow
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks. Please send a link to the LED bulbs - were they difficult to replace? The biggest problem is the waiting time for the higher version - would you order the basic model again? what interior/exterior finish do you have? 😌
Here are the LEDs …
SIR IUS LED RLS 7440 7440A Built...
Amazon Amazon

Easy to install…simply remove the existing bulb and put in the LED.
I would buy the basic model again. We traded in a 2018 RX350. I was so tired of the transmission in that. We got the cloudburst gray with black interior. I also love getting 39 mpg versus 22 in the RX.
Doug007 (10-18-23)
Old 10-15-23, 08:25 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

Buy it. I love my NX350h. Super quiet ride, 45+ mpg, fun to drive. I love the extra's my premium has, but would buy a base in a heart beat if it (premium pkg) was out of my price range or lack of availability. 18" wheels are fine. Better ride and Better MPG
The following 2 users liked this post by DenverRx:
penzfan (03-02-24), romer (10-16-23)
Old 10-16-23, 06:44 AM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Saving money is always worth it
Sounds (10-16-23)
Old 10-16-23, 08:22 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by nx450plus
Saving money is always worth it
I am on the other side. I believe that getting what you want is worth it. In my case it was a Luxury with Mark Levinsohn audio, cameras, etc... As an aside, I’ll probably keep the car for at least 15 years (I kept my ISF for 14.)

Last edited by Dkaplan; 10-17-23 at 05:04 AM.
Sounds (10-16-23)
Old 10-16-23, 10:48 AM
romer
Intermediate

As an example, I just checked a base model that is in transit to the dealership and it shows it has the Cold Package (Heated steering wheel and heated front seats), and the automatic cargo door. So they may come with more than just the base items. My Premium package came with all kinds of additional good things--cold package, pano camera, wireless phone charger, digital key and wallet key, Head-up display and Digital Rearview mirror, 14 in touchscreen, towing capability,
Old 10-16-23, 11:44 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 155 Posts

I bought my wife's a base 2024 NX350h in April at MSRP and no add ons. She didn't care about options like the screen size, 20 inchers, moonroof........as long as the color is Cloudburst.
6 months now and she is happy with her choice. She also liked the RX350H, but I was too cheap to write a $63K check on one.....$52K was more palatable.

The following 2 users liked this post by lexsc4:
penzfan (03-02-24), Sounds (10-16-23)

Quick Reply: Is it worth buying the lower version of the 350H?