Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

NX 450h+ Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-23, 01:36 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts
Default NX 450h+ Questions

I just picked up an RX 450h+ and have a couple of questions. There is not much info on the RX version in the RX5G forum, so I thought I would ask here since the two models are so similar and the NX has been out for a while.
  1. Does the Lexus iPhone app show the battery level, EV miles and charging status? I thought I read somewhere that it did, but my app looks just like the RX 350h with no charging, battery or EV miles information.
  2. I read here and other places that it is not a good idea to leave the charger plugged in when charging is complete because it could drain the 12v batter. The car continues to communicate with the charger even if it is fully charged. Has anyone had any issues with this? I would rather leave it plugged in, but if this is an issue I will make the effort to unplug when I get the battery fully charged message. Using the 120v charger until I can get the Level 2 charger installed in a couple of weeks.
I will keep reading this forum to get more information and other tips. Thanks.

Last edited by Dhill; 10-15-23 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-19-23, 08:35 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

Problem solved after three phone calls and a written message to Lexus. I was told my car did not have the Charge Management Feature. On a PHEV? Made no sense. That is why I could not see any battery or EV data in the Lexus App. In the third call I asked to have the issue escalated and was told some techs were working on it. At 8pm tonight I checked the app and the battery and EV data is there now. I guess someone forgot to flip a switch on my car. They always say never buy the first year of new or refreshed car. All is good now.
The following users liked this post:
Htrain (10-26-23)
Old 11-11-23, 10:17 PM
vchevu
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not able to see the full charge management in my app aswell, can you pls explain if there was any setting to be enabled in the car ?
Old 11-12-23, 10:29 PM
Dhill
Pit Crew

My issue was I was not getting any battery information at all. Once Lexus added charge management to my car, not sure how they did that, the battery information below became available. I have not set up a schedule and History is still not updating, but that is another story.

Old 11-13-23, 12:28 PM
krickson
8th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lexus App

I’ve owned a 2022 NX 450h+ for almost 2 years now. A screenshot from my Lexus app is attached. If you don’t see the battery icon on the top left, I’d check with the tech support folks at your dealer. If you tap on the battery icon, a charge info page pops up. This includes scheduling and statistics.

I typically plug my car in at night and unplug when I am going out the next day. I’m retired an not on a set schedule. I’ve never worried about unplugging as soon as charging is complete and have not experienced any issues.

Originally Posted by Dhill
I just picked up an RX 450h+ and have a couple of questions. There is not much info on the RX version in the RX5G forum, so I thought I would ask here since the two models are so similar and the NX has been out for a while.
  1. Does the Lexus iPhone app show the battery level, EV miles and charging status? I thought I read somewhere that it did, but my app looks just like the RX 350h with no charging, battery or EV miles information.
  2. I read here and other places that it is not a good idea to leave the charger plugged in when charging is complete because it could drain the 12v batter. The car continues to communicate with the charger even if it is fully charged. Has anyone had any issues with this? I would rather leave it plugged in, but if this is an issue I will make the effort to unplug when I get the battery fully charged message. Using the 120v charger until I can get the Level 2 charger installed in a couple of weeks.
I will keep reading this forum to get more information and other tips. Thanks.