Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.
View Poll Results: Would you purchase the Lexus NX350H again
Yes
80.00%
No
7.50%
Not sure yet.
12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy the NX350h again???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-23, 01:38 PM
bt10
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I voted yes based on price, but the 450h would be my first choice.
Old 12-09-23, 03:49 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,114 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Run flats are actually better than I thought they would. When they wear down I will replace with regular tire . I was first looking at Michelin Crossclimate2 235/50 R20. Now I think I will get 245/50 20 Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 good wear and quieter.

YMMV,
MisCow3
I have the Pirellis on my 2017 RX 450h for about 10,000 miles. Wearing well and drives very quietly. Tire Rack had them and the Michelins the top rated. Will do exactly what you said replace the run flats on our 2023 NX 350h with them.
Old 12-09-23, 05:07 PM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
Thanks everyone for sharing.

Why not good for long trips? I'm thinking about getting the NX350h or the Rav4 Hybrid Limited. Very tough choice. Does anyone have traffic jam assist?
My Wife got a 23' Rav4 Hybrid limited. Nice car, but but no where near the comfort, handling, power, and features of my NXh Premium.
The following 2 users liked this post by DenverRx:
Freds430 (12-10-23), MaryG (12-10-23)
Old 12-10-23, 08:17 AM
MaryG
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DenverRx
My Wife got a 23' Rav4 Hybrid limited. Nice car, but but no where near the comfort, handling, power, and features of my NXh Premium.
My daughter has a 2021 RAV 4. She drove my new Lexus NX 350h. Say say her car feels like it’s 50 years old. 😂
The following 2 users liked this post by MaryG:
DenverRx (12-10-23), Freds430 (12-10-23)
Old 12-10-23, 10:51 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by MaryG
My daughter has a 2021 RAV 4. She drove my new Lexus NX 350h. Say say her car feels like it’s 50 years old. 😂
NX350h feels it has more power but the 2nd row seems to only fit 2 people even average size. I test drove the Rav4 hybrid and NX350h yesterday learned quite a bit. Rav4 can fit 3 people across but doesn't seem to have that much power. Difficult to find a right solution in our case.
Old 12-10-23, 11:37 AM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

NX350h feels it has more power but the 2nd row seems to only fit 2 people even average size. I test drove the Rav4 hybrid and NX350h yesterday learned quite a bit. Rav4 can fit 3 people across but doesn't seem to have that much power. Difficult to find a right solution in our case.
Agreed. I think my only (minor) NX complaint is backseat space. When driving with my (tall) adult children over the holidays, things are a bit cramped.
Old 12-10-23, 12:49 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Some people seem to think the RAV4 hybrid is the same car as the NX350h. Or some say identical. They are neither. I initially thought I'd finally move away from the luxury badges so I drove the RAV4. The ride, engine and road noise in the cabin, nothing special interior, etc. cured me of my plan. Of course there is a price advantage to the RAV4 but it makes this a case of 'you get what you pay for.' The NX350h really delivers on what it promises.
Old 12-10-23, 04:25 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb Details of why I like the NX350h

@websurfer This thread is about "Would you buy an NX 350h again" I think the thread has gotten off-topic somewhat comparing an RAV4 hybrid to an NX 350h. I actually have a 2022 RAV4 Hybrid Limited with the advanced technology package and the premium audio with NAV. My 2022 Lexus NX 350h Luxury has every option except the power-folding and heated rear seats. There have been many discussions already between the RAV4 and NX so I won't overly belabor that point except to say that some of the opinions on your thread about the RAV4 Hybrid Limited are incorrect and there are certain areas where the RAV4 excels over the NX.

Again I will say the 2022 Lexus NX 350h is a great car. ML is fantastic, 14 inch screen is great fast, and responsive, very quiet even with run flat tires, and gets more than adequate acceleration. The mpg is very good. The triple beam lights are worth the cost ( adds LED turn signals) really light up the road. Tne panoramic roof is very nice. The intuitive parking brake is nice ( put car in park or power off and automatically sets the parking brake). Power folding mirrors are nice (the default is when car is locked, but you can have the dealer change to fold in on power off). The 2,000 lb towing and activity mount provide a 1 1/4 trailer hitch connection; be aware you have to get an extension and it somewhat interferes with your rear kick sensor opening the rear door. The door opening electronic and the shiifting are pretty neat once you get used to them after a time or too. Wireless CarPlay is great. I like the Qi charging; I have not had any problems but some people have.

Items so, so : digital key, phone key, digital key: they sometimes don't work well if you have multiple profiles and multiple vehicles Lexus/Toyota ..they all depend on a cell phone number.

digital mirror - gives a great unobstructed rear view , but it is hard to focus on the image displayed. Try it out. If you have the digital mirror you can easily switch between the digital mirror and the conventional rear view mirror.

HUD - it is adequate but displays very little. directions, speed, not much else. My 2020 Avalon Hybrid Limited has a much better HUD

I wish that. Lexus would have embraced the idea of a "home" screen e.g. like nav, audio, and phone on one screen, but Lexus only displays one thing at a time: NAV or audio or Car Play

If you are able < would recommend the 18-inch tires over the 20-inch. In 2022 you had to get 20 inches if you got other options. .

I am very happy with my 2022 Lexus NX 350h Luxury car and would buy it again. This is my fourth Lexus and my favorite luxury car.
Old 12-10-23, 04:41 PM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Well Romer.... yes and no.
The ONLY reason I got a NX350h was the wife. Her Rav4 passenger seat was uncomfortable. ..... Yup, the only way to get a "more" comfortable seat was to buy a LIMITED Rav4. Screw Toyota... they wanted that to be the deciding factor. They deliberately knew what they were doing. I am relatively content w the NX. Its NOT a Lexus LS ride, its still a 4 banger 4 cylinder drivetrain, but its a notch above the Rav4.
My wife has a SC430, its superior to the NX platform, but, I am content w the NX overall. The handling is an issue for me, but I will adapt..
Old 12-10-23, 05:30 PM
websurfer
Racer

@websurfer This thread is about "Would you buy an NX 350h again" I think the thread has gotten off-topic somewhat comparing an RAV4 hybrid to an NX 350h. I actually have a 2022 RAV4 Hybrid Limited with the advanced technology package and the premium audio with NAV. My 2022 Lexus NX 350h Luxury has every option except the power-folding and heated rear seats. There have been many discussions already between the RAV4 and NX so I won't overly belabor that point except to say that some of the opinions on your thread about the RAV4 Hybrid Limited are incorrect and there are certain areas where the RAV4 excels over the NX.

Again I will say the 2022 Lexus NX 350h is a great car. ML is fantastic, 14 inch screen is great fast, and responsive, very quiet even with run flat tires, and gets more than adequate acceleration. The mpg is very good. The triple beam lights are worth the cost ( adds LED turn signals) really light up the road. Tne panoramic roof is very nice. The intuitive parking brake is nice ( put car in park or power off and automatically sets the parking brake). Power folding mirrors are nice (the default is when car is locked, but you can have the dealer change to fold in on power off). The 2,000 lb towing and activity mount provide a 1 1/4 trailer hitch connection; be aware you have to get an extension and it somewhat interferes with your rear kick sensor opening the rear door. The door opening electronic and the shiifting are pretty neat once you get used to them after a time or too. Wireless CarPlay is great. I like the Qi charging; I have not had any problems but some people have.

Items so, so : digital key, phone key, digital key: they sometimes don't work well if you have multiple profiles and multiple vehicles Lexus/Toyota ..they all depend on a cell phone number.

digital mirror - gives a great unobstructed rear view , but it is hard to focus on the image displayed. Try it out. If you have the digital mirror you can easily switch between the digital mirror and the conventional rear view mirror.

HUD - it is adequate but displays very little. directions, speed, not much else. My 2020 Avalon Hybrid Limited has a much better HUD

I wish that. Lexus would have embraced the idea of a "home" screen e.g. like nav, audio, and phone on one screen, but Lexus only displays one thing at a time: NAV or audio or Car Play

If you are able < would recommend the 18-inch tires over the 20-inch. In 2022 you had to get 20 inches if you got other options. .

I am very happy with my 2022 Lexus NX 350h Luxury car and would buy it again. This is my fourth Lexus and my favorite luxury car.

@midcow3 Sorry about that. I have a hard time deciding myself between the 2 vehicles. I should have rename the thread. I like power of the NX350h but the 2nd row space and cargo of the Rav4 Hybrid. Also, I like the larger 14" MM compared to the base one.
Old 12-10-23, 06:14 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb RAV4 Hybrid Limited

@midcow3 Sorry about that. I have a hard time deciding myself between the 2 vehicles. I should have rename the thread. I like the power of the NX350h but the 2nd row space and cargo of the Rav4 Hybrid. Also, I like the larger 14" MM compared to the base one.
Okay, some things to consider. The top-of-the-line Rav4 Hybrid limited seems to be better optioned and quieter than lesser RAV4 models. Make sure you test drive a limited with all options. The limited RAV4 is closer to NX350h in quietness, seat comfort, and road feel than lower-end RAV4s. Yes, Lexus is still better.

According to tests by professionals, the RAV4 has slightly better acceleration (7.2 vs 7.6) and slightly higher mpg( 40 vs 39) The RAV4 has more normal buttons; some people like that. The RAV4 has a home screen. JBL sound is better than the standard NX sound system; not quite as good as ML. The RAV4 comes with a spare tire. It can use regular gas as recommended, rather than as minimum level on NX350h. RAV4 costs less, up to $15,000 OTD equally optioned. 3 adults in the back seat. Less ostentatious than NX; I gave my son a choice and he chose RAV4. Toyota/Lexas level 2.5 Safety Sense ( Lexus NX and Prius Safety Sense 3.0)\
Ability to switch speedometer from traditional analog to digital.

One negative on RAV4 which I don't understand it does not have wireless Car Play; you plug it in and Car Play works and a small screen, only 10.5 inches. Not as luxurious, not as high level of prestige.

From a true bottom-line cost perspective the RAV4 hybrid limited is the best choice. But based on pure hubris I went with Lexus NX 350h.

Peace to All

YMMV,
MidCow3

The following users liked this post:
websurfer (12-10-23)
Old 12-10-23, 07:09 PM
romer
Intermediate

"This thread is about "Would you buy an NX 350h again" I think the thread has gotten off-topic somewhat comparing an RAV4 hybrid to an NX 350h." Midcow3 old friend...can't help but notice that you then add to the veering re: RAV4. And in an earlier post on this same thread you compare the NX350 to THREE other cars==clearly off topic. But it's okay. All in good faith.

Last edited by romer; 12-10-23 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-10-23, 08:08 PM
midcow3
Racer

Question

@websurfer This thread is about "Would you buy an NX 350h again" I think the thread has gotten off-topic somewhat comparing an RAV4 hybrid to an NX 350h. ....
@midcow3 Sorry about that. I have a hard time deciding myself between the 2 vehicles. I should have rename the thread. I like power of the NX350h but the 2nd row space and cargo of the Rav4 Hybrid. Also, I like the larger 14" MM compared to the base one.
Okay, some things to consider. The top-of-the-line Rav4 Hybrid limited seems to be better optioned and quieter than lesser RAV4 models. Make sure you test drive a limited with all options. The limited RAV4 is closer to NX350h in quietness, seat comfort, and road feel than lower-end RAV4s. Yes, Lexus is still better.

According to tests by professionals, the RAV4 has slightly better acceleration (7.2 vs 7.6) and slightly higher mpg( 40 vs 39) The RAV4 has more normal buttons; some people like that. The RAV4 has a home screen. JBL sound is better than the standard NX sound system; not quite as good as ML. The RAV4 comes with a spare tire. It can use regular gas as recommended, rather than as minimum level on NX350h. RAV4 costs less, up to $15,000 OTD equally optioned. 3 adults in the back seat. Less ostentatious than NX; I gave my son a choice and he chose RAV4. Toyota/Lexas level 2.5 Safety Sense ( Lexus NX and Prius Safety Sense 3.0)\
Ability to switch speedometer from traditional analog to digital.

One negative on RAV4 which I don't understand it does not have wireless Car Play; you plug it in and Car Play works and a small screen, only 10.5 inches. Not as luxurious, not as high level of prestige.

From a true bottom-line cost perspective the RAV4 hybrid limited is the best choice. But based on pure hubris I went with Lexus NX 350h.

Peace to All

YMMV,
MidCow3
Originally Posted by romer
"This thread is about "Would you buy an NX 350h again" I think the thread has gotten off-topic somewhat comparing an RAV4 hybrid to an NX 350h." Midcow3 old friend...can't help but notice that you then add to the veering re: RAV4. And in an earlier post on this same thread you compare the NX350 to THREE other cars==clearly off topic. But it's okay. All in good faith.
@romer actually I pointed out above that the thread was getting off topic and the OP, @websurfer stated that he was actually considering the 2 vehicles and that maybe he should rename his thread. I was merely answering the OPs question so I am not sure I understand your comment to me ?

Peace and Good Will

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 12-10-23, 08:45 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by romer
Sorry, it's my fault. Trying to learn more about the NX.

I have updated the thread so it's okay to compare vehicles on the original post.

Peace everyone.

Last edited by websurfer; 12-10-23 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-10-23, 09:50 PM
romer
Intermediate

midcow3– I was referencing your post Yesterday at 7:30 AM in which you compare the NX to3 different cars. Way before the thread drifted to the RAV4 stuff. Yet you today point out the thread has become a RAV4 comparison—off topic—but then go on at length about the RAV4. Hey—not a big deal. Just noting goose and gander stuff. Peace and health and all that.

Quick Reply: Would you buy the NX350h again???