Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.
View Poll Results: Would you purchase the Lexus NX350H again
Yes
80.00%
No
7.50%
Not sure yet.
12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy the NX350h again???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-24, 10:08 AM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Bolt holes.....

Originally Posted by romer
sm20202

If you can find the right size donut I think that's a better idea than Modern Tire. I have the Modern Tire but it's bigger than a donut.
the other issue is finding the correct bolt configuration for this vehicle....not as common as other wheels......
The following users liked this post:
romer (03-10-24)
Old 03-10-24, 06:44 PM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sm20202
Love this idea... would a typical donut spare fit in the rear storage space?
Not under the deck where it resides on the NX250 ..Not on the hybrid, the battery is in the way.
Old 03-11-24, 12:09 PM
soysauce
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

@MidCow3

I fully agree with you on this point and the funny thing with me is, I bought my 450h+ site unseen as the wait time was 16 months even with priority after it was said and done. I was so tired of waiting and by the time the car arrived, I had lost excitement and really didn't look into the configuration much as here in Canada we only have 3 trims for the 450h+ and they're not a-la-carte. We have the base, luxury and f-sport 3 and unbeknownst to me, the 450h+ didn't come with ML.

I had initially thought the reason for not offering the ML was due to relocating the battery to the back of the trunk hence limiting where the subwoofer space could have been, but after more research, I think it was a big mistake altogether for Lexus to exclude it as an option on the 450h+. I know money matters and I'm one of those customers that would of paid additional for it if there was an option for this but to exclude it altogether out of the top trim top tier (f-sport 3) 450h+ at the price point that we're paying is just wrong. I'm not saying our car is apples to apples comparison to rival brands, but the price point itself should tell you that this should have been a minimum threshold. FYI all in was about $86k CAD after incentives and rebates. Before rebates would of pushed $93k CAD so there's no excuse not to have any sort of premium audio at this price range.

Last edited by soysauce; 03-11-24 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-13-24, 05:53 AM
martin1979
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, absolutely!

Originally Posted by websurfer
Just curious if you'll buy the NX350h again if you knew then what you know now about the vehicle. I know some area could be improved like the 2nd row space and cargo capacity.

Or would you purchase another vehicle?

Go with NX350h luxury or with Rav4 hybrid?
I have the nx350h 2024(luxury package). No issue, amazing car. Fuel consumption is very low, comfortable, would definitely recommend
Old 05-04-24, 05:56 AM
Skedadle
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

We own two because we wanted both vehicles to have the same controls. Our requirements were
  • HUD - the HUD sold the NX - never had one before and now never look at the dashboard
  • Carplay
  • Adjustable lumbar support
  • Rear safety warnings
  • Adaptive Cruse
  • Memory seats - first world problem but one of us is under 5 foot tall and the other gets their knees crushed.

We like specific to Lexus and NX
  • Digital HUD with Apple Maps on the HUD
  • MPG
  • The dealer is great. I’m throwing shade at you local Audi dealer
  • We never go to the dealer.
  • Digital Mirror that we didn’t know we needed
  • Center console opens both ways

Things I hate that make me say “maybe not”
  • Run flats / no spare — yeah, I’ve changed mine in the last 3 years.
  • Rough highway ride compared to Q5
  • Digital door handles - door handles that you push rather than pull. Feels like some designer was left unattended.
  • Nagware on the media system
  • Touch controls on the steering wheel for the HUD. I have to stare at the hud too much while using them.
  • Cargo space
  • The fuel reserve is too large making the effective tank size too small before getting fill-up angst
  • Sunroof wind noise and low to moderate speeds
  • Rear seat room
  • The MPG display. Why aren't overall and trip MPG obvious?

Last edited by Skedadle; 05-07-24 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-04-24, 07:30 AM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Skedadle
We like specific to Lexus and NX

Digital Mirror that we didn’t know we needed
  • I use every wonderful feature of my NX except the digital mirror.
  • It seems I am wearing someone else's prescription glasses when I have attempted to use it...
  • How/why/when do you use it?
Old 05-04-24, 08:09 AM
Skedadle
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default progressives and the digital mirror

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
  • It seems I am wearing someone else's prescription glasses when I have attempted to use it...
The focal (?) distance of the digital mirror is different than the distance of a regular mirror. IMO the regular mirror shows you cars that are "far away". So the top part of progressives, like mine, work fine. The digital mirror is a screen that is the same distance from the eyes as the dash. This means I need to use the intermediate or close distance on my progressives so I have to tilt my head to use the digital mirror. That was miserable for a couple of months of muscle memory. Now I don't notice that I'm tilting my head.

My SO hated the digital mirror and now leaves it on all the time, as do I.
DampDuffer (05-04-24)
Old 05-04-24, 08:48 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
Just flip the bottom piece of the mirror to enable it. I don't use it. Seem that the mirror is way too bright and distance is too close
Old 05-05-24, 08:03 AM
SDCEB
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When we first used the digital mirror we had a similar experience, as your eyes are used to focusing off into the distance with a regular mirror, instead of on the digital screen in front of you on the digital mirror. After a few days though out eyes adjust immediately. The image is much more clear and complete than the actual mirror is. One thing to keep in mind is not to align the digital mirror while turned off and with the lever in the digital setting, or you will get the mirror reflection over the digital image and it just doesn't work properly. I made that mistake once.
Skedadle (05-05-24)
Old 05-05-24, 12:43 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

F’ yes i would!
Old 05-08-24, 02:49 PM
Kenm22
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible experience. Would not buy again.

My 2024 nx350h lost power while driving on a 4 lane highway at 100KM/Hr. THe vehicle is 4 months old with less that 6,000 KM. It is at the dealer. They recharged the battery but refuse to replace it. This is a known issue that a new battery can resolve.
Old 05-08-24, 03:53 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

I had a first gen NX and for the most part it was ok but small. I could not get golf clubs in the back without lowering rear seats.

Overall the NX is quite nice, I just outgrew it very fast.

Switched to RX for more room.
Old 05-08-24, 04:07 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenm22
My 2024 nx350h lost power while driving on a 4 lane highway at 100KM/Hr. THe vehicle is 4 months old with less that 6,000 KM. It is at the dealer. They recharged the battery but refuse to replace it. This is a known issue that a new battery can resolve.
I assume you are talking about the 12 volt battery? I have not heard before that there is an issue with the car losing power on the highway due to an issue with the 12 volt battery. I am aware that folks have had trouble starting their car due to a discharged 12 volt battery.
Old 05-08-24, 04:18 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I assume you are talking about the 12 volt battery? I have not heard before that there is an issue with the car losing power on the highway due to an issue with the 12 volt battery. I am aware that folks have had trouble starting their car due to a discharged 12 volt battery.
My wife's 2024 NX350h just hits 1 YO, 8K miles. Not a single issue so far with the 12V or the hybrid drive battery........so far so good, our first hybrid and loving it.
I am now waiting for the Gen 8 ES hybrid, I can't wait to see the new design. Next car will be the Gen 8 ES hybrid or a 2023-4 CPO LC500h in 2026. Still got time as my 17 ES350 just hits 44K miles.....