Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Nx350h 2024 Faulty Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-23, 03:48 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Lionessblue
Oh wow you were able to patch it. Wow that’s great. I know for next time.
I think the dealers are the only places that don't patch them.
Old 12-11-23, 04:09 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 155 Posts

Oh wow you were able to patch it. Wow that’s great. I know for next time.
I was surprised too and thought I'll be out $300+. Luckily the nail was right stack in the middle..........anyway, been 4 days / ~100 miles driven, no issue so far.
The following users liked this post:
Lionessblue (12-11-23)
Old 12-11-23, 07:22 PM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default was she able to drive it?

Originally Posted by lexsc4
8 months in and 5.3K miles on my wife's NX350h. Just had its first flat last Friday, right stack in the middle of passenger rear tire. America's Tire was able to patch it. Otherwise it would cost me $300+.
Was the wife able to drive home and how many miles did she drive while they were flat.?
My plan is to buy a 12v air compressor and a patch kit...(i just got my NX) .If I have a slow leak, the compressor gets me to the next tire store, if I am out in the middle of no-where, the patch kit will hopefully get the job done....but, before my next really long trip, I will get a spare tire of one type or another.....
Old 12-11-23, 09:11 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lexicon1
Was the wife able to drive home and how many miles did she drive while they were flat.?
My plan is to buy a 12v air compressor and a patch kit...(i just got my NX) .If I have a slow leak, the compressor gets me to the next tire store, if I am out in the middle of no-where, the patch kit will hopefully get the job done....but, before my next really long trip, I will get a spare tire of one type or another.....
Yep. She drove home just fine, was around 6 miles in town. Funny thing was she said she saw the “tire looking” light came on but didn’t pay attention nor felt any difference. I noticed the flat right away after she parked in the garage, checked the app and saw 21PSI on that flat tire. I pumped it up immediately and head straight to America’s tire at 4pm, 6 people waiting in line already at Friday night. First question I asked the dude at Americas Tire was if they will patch a RF and he said all the time, location dependence of course. Long story short, 1.5 hours later I went home. First thing I did after I got home was did some research and ordered 3 of these, one in mine, wife’s and son’s car.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/371614572
Old 12-11-23, 10:24 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Yep. She drove home just fine, was around 6 miles in town. Funny thing was she said she saw the “tire looking” light came on but didn’t pay attention nor felt any difference. I noticed the flat right away after she parked in the garage, checked the app and saw 21PSI on that flat tire. I pumped it up immediately and head straight to America’s tire at 4pm, 6 people waiting in line already at Friday night. First question I asked the dude at Americas Tire was if they will patch a RF and he said all the time, location dependence of course. Long story short, 1.5 hours later I went home. First thing I did after I got home was did some research and ordered 3 of these, one in mine, wife’s and son’s car.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/371614572
lexsc4—thanks for this link. Just ordered one too. Inexpensive backup. I also have the modern spare but different situations call for different responses.
Old 12-11-23, 10:51 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by romer
lexsc4—thanks for this link. Just ordered one too. Inexpensive backup. I also have the modern spare but different situations call for different responses.
yeah sometimes in the middle of nowhere at night a 10 minutes pump, seal and go is a better solution than 30 minutes+ putting on the spare. Especially when I am somewhere else and my wife, son can get out of the jam without me being there. In each car I also have a portable air inflator, power bank/jumpers, a gallon of water, a few energy bars, an old throw and a flashlight (AA lithium battery is a must) packed in a small duffel bag (switch out the water/bars every 6 months).
Old 12-12-23, 08:06 AM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Great to be prepared...indeed

yeah sometimes in the middle of nowhere at night a 10 minutes pump, seal and go is a better solution than 30 minutes+ putting on the spare. Especially when I am somewhere else and my wife, son can get out of the jam without me being there. In each car I also have a portable air inflator, power bank/jumpers, a gallon of water, a few energy bars, an old throw and a flashlight (AA lithium battery is a must) packed in a small duffel bag (switch out the water/bars every 6 months).
Thanks for the reminder to carry spare stuff in an emergency. I assume you charge your Power Bank/jumpers every 6 months also when you switch out the water.
Regarding the air compressor, another one that has worked for us in our other vehicle is indicated below. The only caution is to always turn on the engine and keep it idling before you turn on the compressor, otherwise it will blow a fuse (I think mine is tied to the cigarette lighter fuse) on our older Toyota. If the wife is out there and uses this I also left a big reminder note on the compressor to leave the engine idling BEFORE she flips the compressor switch....

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Lexicon1; 12-12-23 at 08:15 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-12-23, 08:31 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lexicon1
Thanks for the reminder to carry spare stuff in an emergency. I assume you charge your Power Bank/jumpers every 6 months also when you switch out the water.
Regarding the air compressor, another one that has worked for us in our other vehicle is indicated below. The only caution is to always turn on the engine and keep it idling before you turn on the compressor, otherwise it will blow a fuse (I think mine is tied to the cigarette lighter fuse) on our older Toyota. If the wife is out there and uses this I also left a big reminder note on the compressor to leave the engine idling BEFORE she flips the compressor switch....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ASY23I...lig_dp_it&th=1
thanks for the tip. We have these type of 12v low power tire inflator and portable jumper / power bank. The power bank has enough power for the inflator and also can be used as a power bank for charging our iPhones and iPads.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-802...iABEgLewvD_BwE

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NEXPOW-Ba...CABEgIiGvD_BwE

Old 12-12-23, 11:44 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Replacement of tires and labor for the next 5 years.
Are you sure it didn’t cover rim damage (such as a bent rim from hitting a pothole) as well? Usually it’s tire & wheel insurance. $5k just for tires sounds steep.
Old 12-12-23, 11:48 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all the good advice. Ultimately, the dealer charged me $400. It seems there was some sort of puncture, they don’t think the tire was defective it just seems that I unfortunately may have ridden over something that punctured the tire.

Thanks so much about Costco. That’s good to know.
you are lucky it happened early. If it happened after say 10k miles you’d have had to replace all 4 to keep the tread even all around.
The following 2 users liked this post by anoop:
Lionessblue (12-14-23), romer (12-13-23)