Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2023 up RX model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other fifth generation RX models.

Is 2024 RX 450h+ equipped with run flat tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-23, 08:35 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 96 Posts

I got the tire sealant (wasn't looking at the right places) in mine, and also found the tools - they are present in mine. Yes, will need the jack.
Old 12-30-23, 05:02 AM
djrees
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle
I got the tire sealant (wasn't looking at the right places) in mine, and also found the tools - they are present in mine. Yes, will need the jack.
So you have some tools to remove a wheel from the vehicle? Can you upload a picture of yours please?
Old 12-30-23, 06:02 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djrees
So you have some tools to remove a wheel from the vehicle? Can you upload a picture of yours please?
This forum isn't quite allowing me to upload/share image, so here it is as a link. Not a lot of tools, but there is something - is this what others are seeing or is there supposed to be more ?

https://pasteboard.co/u2bVKzsuvZlm.jpg
Old 12-30-23, 09:03 PM
djrees
Driver

Originally Posted by wrinkle
This forum isn't quite allowing me to upload/share image, so here it is as a link. Not a lot of tools, but there is something - is this what others are seeing or is there supposed to be more ?

https://pasteboard.co/u2bVKzsuvZlm.jpg
Your picture looks the same as mine. Only a phillips screwdriver, the emergency
tire puncture repair kit (pump and sealant) and a towing eyelet.
Old 12-30-23, 09:17 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

I see - so that's the stock set then - while there are certainly place to hold other tools that aren't there (?).

Does anyone know if this is the case with 2024 RX350h or the gas versions, or is it that only the RX450h+ that lost the tools to reduce weight ?
Old 12-30-23, 09:28 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Here's the 350h Luxury trim with 21 inch wheels that is seen to have a spare and jack at this linked location of this review:

If you look earlier in the review, you'll see that it has the same 21 inch wheels/tires that the 450h+ has.

In this review, I don't see the "tools" slots in the RX350h though - so now I'm curious what these "slots" are for the 450h+ are all about.
The following users liked this post:
djrees (12-30-23)
Old 01-01-24, 04:15 PM
nls2024
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone who owns a 2024 RX 450h+ tell me if they are equipped with run flat tires? I am sure there is no spare tire due to the batteries taking up the trunk space area. Sales person was not sure and I have not found any info on my searches.
Just picked mine up yesterday. I was surprised when I realized there was no spare. Pretty sure they are not run-flat tires. The car comes with an emergency tire puncture repair kit to use if you have a flat tire due to “a puncture caused by a nail or screw” (user manual, p.576).
Old 01-01-24, 05:30 PM
djrees
Driver

Originally Posted by nls2024
Just picked mine up yesterday. I was surprised when I realized there was no spare. Pretty sure they are not run-flat tires. The car comes with an emergency tire puncture repair kit to use if you have a flat tire due to “a puncture caused by a nail or screw” (user manual, p.576).
Just picked up our 450h+ last week. It does not have run-flat tires. Just the fix a flat kit that you mentioned. Look back in this thread at the picture I posted on 12-16-23. Those are the tires we have and they are not the run flat type. Yours probably has the same or similar tires. I am disappointed that there are no tire related tools included. I plan to buy a lug wrench and a jack to put in ours.

Last edited by djrees; 01-01-24 at 05:37 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-28-24, 06:39 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 150 Posts

This car could have been designed to retain at least a space for a spare tire. Like I have said in another thread the director of engineering tells the design engineer to make it possible and it happens. I like others always like to be prepared and going on a trip in areas with no cell signal and no spare could end up being a nightmare especially with a road hazard cut in tire not temp fixable. To me that is a safety issue and to put a tire in the rear area taking up space and always seeing is not something we should have to do. Lexus is not the only manufacturer doing this and I just wish there were at least an option for us to purchase and a designated space for it to be hidden.
Old 03-06-24, 01:49 PM
mfred
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone who owns a 2024 RX 450h+ tell me if they are equipped with run flat tires? I am sure there is no spare tire due to the batteries taking up the trunk space area. Sales person was not sure and I have not found any info on my searches.
My 23 450H+ came with Bridgestone Alenza A/S 02 RFT (run flat tire)
I'm pretty sure all the plug-in electrics with come factory with run flats because there is not space for a spare.
Whether you stick with run flats or not is totally up to you.
Good luck and happy driving!
Old 03-06-24, 05:31 PM
StefanoS
Intermediate

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts

The 2024 RX450h+ models do not come equipped with run flats. The come with a battery powered air pump and a bottle of tire sealant. The 2024 NX450h+ models do come with RFT's, however. Neither of the two models have a spare tire.