Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

2024 NX 450H+ F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-23, 09:04 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts
Default 2024 NX 450H+ F Sport

just picked up a new dd, 24 nx450h+ (plugin) f sport awd. 14" infotainment is user friendly imo, using the display to control climate is new. test drove the new rz which was a good experience but not enough range at 225 miles so decided on plugin hybrid. gets me into the hov (carpool) lane when solo too. coming from a 13 prius plugin w/ 188k miles.

Last edited by sensai; 12-23-23 at 10:35 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sensai:
bclexus (12-28-23), lsft (12-26-23), tundotcom (12-28-23), websurfer (12-27-23)
Old 12-23-23, 09:12 PM
sensai
Advanced

anyone have experience with these, anything to look out for? thanks.
Old 12-24-23, 07:54 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Congrats! I have a friend with one of these and she loves it. I would post in the Second Gen NX forum for more people who have them but I would assume that it'll be great
Old 12-24-23, 08:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,635 Posts

congrats! like the black wheels with white body.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 12-24-23 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-24-23, 08:45 AM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

When I drove NX PHEV the first 1/2 hour, I thought it was powerful and incredibly isolated in both sound and ride.

However, after about 2-3 hours, I then realized that NX lacked both firewall and underfloor sound insulation - there was a lot of both ICEV noise and road noise.

Furthermore, after 2-3 hours of driving, I realized it was a high riding vehicle on a relatively short wheelbase resulting in much "pitching" and roll.

After 2-3 hours, what really got me was the firm high oscillation damping plus tire noise.

I did test drive RZ too.
RZ has a limited range, and won't suit those who travel long distances.

The rear seat base on RZ is a bit too low compared to window sill unless you're a tall person.
They could fix this with height adjustable rear seat base.
However, because battery pack 4" high, the rear passenger knees lift uncomfortably 4" up.
I can't remember NX rear seat base height, but RX has lovely rear seat base height, with legs dropping down.

However, RZ has incredible rear seat legroom!
RZ has more rear seat legroom than RX.
RZ is like ES for rear legroom.

RZ has tremendous power and silence.
RZ has far more underbody sound insulation than NX.
RZ is so quiet under acceleration and cruising compared to NX.

Best of all, the RZ has a long wheelbase with minimal pitching!
RZ has perfect suspension compared to NX PHEV which is too firmly sprung and damped.
NX and RZ totally different.
Though I have never driven the F Sport version of NX PHEV.

I must wonder what Motorola's beloved Hyundai Ioniq 5 COTY Car of the Year is like, because it rides on wheelbase 6" longer than RZ and a whopping >12" ie >1' longer than the tiresome pitching NX?
However, we must be careful becasue vehicles with very long wheelbases are probe to flexing.

NX & RZ have similar massive touch screens.
Both magnificent.
I think NX & RZ interiors far nicer than interior of Hyundai Ioniq 5.
The RZ has stylish and ergonomic big temperature dials with digital readouts.

The RZ is best of the trio, but the range makes me feel uncomfortable, especially for the price.

Last edited by peteharvey; 12-24-23 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-24-23, 08:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
When I drove NX PHEV the first 1/2 hour, I thought it was powerful and incredibly isolated in both sound and ride.

However, after about 2-3 hours, I then realized that NX lacked both firewall and underfloor sound insulation - there was a lot of both ICEV noise and road noise.

Furthermore, after 2-3 hours of driving, I realized it was a high riding vehicle on a relatively short wheelbase resulting in much "pitching" and roll.

After 2-3 hours, what really got me was the firm high oscillation damping plus tire noise.
This is just physics and economics at play. NX is still an entry level vehicle and sound isolation is not as good as more expensive vehicles, and Lexus in general doesn't isolate from tire/road noise well. The height vs short wheelbase is again physics.

Ioniq 5 isn't the same sort of vehicle as the NX
Old 12-24-23, 03:11 PM
sensai
Advanced

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
congrats! like the black wheels with white body.
thanks! and thanks to others on input/feedback. i'm cool with all feedback. now that's its daylight i have more time to go over it. happy with the build quality of course. and it seems like a super quiet in the cabin to me so far but we each may have our own level of tolerance. all good. my master plan of transitioning to all white vehicles is coming together

it's just me and my two daughters who are older now as late teens/young adults. we were looking for an awd family vehicle that all of us as drivers could take out individually or be in comfort when we go out together. we each have our own cars. so far we're happy with it. i was eyeballing macan gts, cayenne turbo gt, rx500h, toyota highlander, rav4 lol, i like that it's ultra white and the fsport goodies. seats, avs, styling, has a sport plus mode and paddles shifters so i can pretend im in the rcf. lol.

salesperson said last year this model (plugin) had a 1yr wait list. they're an msrp only dealer so had massive wait lists. very few buttons take some getting used to. i'm liking the nighttime cornering lights, heads up display, ambient lighting and open the hatch by kicking your foot under the rear center. helps when hands are full.

no digital rear view or mark levinson offered in the 450h+. only came with one fob but also came with credit card key. other fob will be coming. that kinda sarx but first world issues...

Last edited by sensai; 12-25-23 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-24-23, 09:06 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

So you received $7,500 off MSRP on a purchase? Or was it a lease?
Old 12-25-23, 12:58 AM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 196 Likes on 167 Posts

I have a RAV4 Prime. 15k miles. It’s also my daily. Over 5,500 miles on current tank of gas. Haven’t refilled since early September. 1st tank from the dealer I ran completely out after 3,325 miles. It automatically switched over to EV and I went to fuel up. Weird you don’t have the digital review as I have that option and I received my 2nd key fob 6 months later. I charge daily. Sometimes 2x a day, at home and at work. Level 2 at home and level 1 at work.

The NX is quieter than my Rav. I’ve driven them back to back and can tell the difference.

Last edited by BayeauxLex; 12-25-23 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-26-23, 09:11 AM
Slease
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, I also picked up a NX450h+ Fsport in white on red. Coming from a Tesla Model 3, this was a huge upgrade for me. Even with run flats, the ride quality is so much better.

I opted to lease the car for the $7500 lease cash(I'm in California) and immediately bought out the car before the first payment. Had a couple hiccups during the process, but the car is finally in my name.

Are you going to do any mods? I added OEM mudflaps, upgraded trunk light, screen protector, window visors and tint.
The following 2 users liked this post by Slease:
bclexus (12-28-23), sensai (12-28-23)
Old 12-27-23, 01:41 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 258 Posts

@sensai Congrats on your new NX450h
Looks awesome !!!

Last edited by websurfer; 12-28-23 at 11:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sensai (01-05-24)
Old 12-27-23, 02:17 PM
MrPrius
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ride especially the white.

I'm also looking into a replacement for my Prius and the price range is about right since can't seem to justify an extra $10K for the RX450h+ although the RX series has better NVH characteristics but is quite a bit larger.

my 2 cents
The following users liked this post:
sensai (01-05-24)
Old 12-28-23, 12:18 AM
sensai
Advanced

Originally Posted by websurfer
@sensai Congrats on your new NX450h
Looks awesome !!!
Originally Posted by MrPrius
Nice ride especially the white.
I'm also looking into a replacement for my Prius and the price range is about right since can't seem to justify an extra $10K for the RX450h+ although the RX series has better NVH characteristics but is quite a bit larger.

my 2 cents
thanks!

if coming from a prius youll be familiar with the platform and how it drives. the ev/hv transitions are so much smoother than my 13 prius. much less road noise, etc.

i liked the rx but form factor wise it was too big for my daughters as drivers. they had a nice ultra white one with fsport. we really liked the rz too but just not enough range or charge stations around. i started having range anxiety just thinking about it....which is just my own head problems. it was raining today and im happy with how it performed.

not much planned for mods yet but the usual tint, ppf, etc and looking into roof rack systems. gonna throw a cargo box and snow ski adapters up top.

Last edited by sensai; 12-28-23 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-01-24, 06:16 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Received 187 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Carpool sticker

Originally Posted by sensai
gets me into the hov (carpool) lane when solo too.
I rushed in my Carpool lane application to DMV as soon as my permanent plates arrived late Friday. Does anyone know if the program is ending in 2023 in California (as the DMV and Air Resources Board website seems to state) ? I'm hoping I can still get it, even though my mail will reach DMV in 2024 - although my sale/DMV registration were all completed in 2023 itself - anyone knows better ?
Old 01-01-24, 07:31 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 330 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkle
I rushed in my Carpool lane application to DMV as soon as my permanent plates arrived late Friday. Does anyone know if the program is ending in 2023 in California (as the DMV and Air Resources Board website seems to state) ? I'm hoping I can still get it, even though my mail will reach DMV in 2024 - although my sale/DMV registration were all completed in 2023 itself - anyone knows better ?
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/prog...rpool-stickers

Best to call the number on that website.

Quick Reply: 2024 NX 450H+ F Sport