Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-24, 11:33 AM
xmlstarks
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Tires

I replaced the tires on my 2023 ES300H last week. I put the Michelin 255/40 18" Pilot Sport All Season 4s to replace the Michelin Energy Saver A/S. They are a wider tire than the 235/45 R18s and give me more grip on the road. I am still monitoring the ride but so far things are great. What have you experienced in replacing your tires on your ES?
The following users liked this post:
mamarobe (04-23-24)
Old 04-19-24, 08:37 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

I've only experience the Michelin A/S 3+ on a previous car, but those tires were fantastic. Grippy in dry/wet, very little road noise, comfy, and steeling feel improved as well. I also went with a slightly wider tire back then too and notice MPG did drop a little bit, but overall it wasn't significant.

So far I'm almost 30k miles into the stock Michelins and the tires are still good. Road noise has increased, but any tire would at this mileage. I'd probably replace them at the 40-45k mile mark, but I do know there are a few different options out there from brands I would consider including Michelin, Continental, Yokohama (their Advan A/S tires are excellent and are better than the Michelin A/S 3+ imo at a bit cheaper price), and also BF Goodrich.
xmlstarks (04-20-24)
Old 04-20-24, 07:53 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm a Michelin guy. That's the only tire brand I've bought to replace factory tires in decades. My best experience was replacing the old Michelin "Cup" OEM tires with the Pilot Sport AS 3+ on a 2015 Corvette and the difference was incredible. Ride quality, grip, and even some of the Ackerman effect issues those cars have with the front tires went away. I won't even consider another brand.
dezymond (04-20-24)
Old 04-20-24, 12:30 PM
xmlstarks
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I researched the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS, which is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season tire developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans, SUVs and CUVs. Designed to improve upon key metrics compared to its predecessor, like braking in dry and wet, along with increased traction in snow and ice, the ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS is built to deliver skillful handling and high-speed capability with increased confidence for inclement weather, even in light snow.

I chose the Michelins instead; however the Continentals look to be a great Ultra High Performance All Season tire.
FastDawg (04-21-24)
Old 04-22-24, 06:38 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by xmlstarks
I researched the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS, which is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season tire developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans, SUVs and CUVs. Designed to improve upon key metrics compared to its predecessor, like braking in dry and wet, along with increased traction in snow and ice, the ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS is built to deliver skillful handling and high-speed capability with increased confidence for inclement weather, even in light snow.

I chose the Michelins instead; however the Continentals look to be a great Ultra High Performance All Season tire.
Continental DWS 06 gets high praise and rightfully so. From what I've read in reviews and heard from a few others, is that they run a bit quieter than the Michelins and have longer tread life. I gravitate more towards Michelin, but on my 2013 GS F sport, I went with Yokohama A/S and wouldn't hesitate at all to buy them again. As for my 300h, I got 30k miles on my set and am starting to look at tires. Considering it's not a performance car, I'm going to stick to eco tires and would prioritize comfort, noise, and tread life.
xmlstarks (04-24-24)