Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Error codes

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Jnelson17
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error codes

Hello. I am buying a used 2010 RX450h. I ran a diagnostic on it and I got 3 error codes. C1241 C1300 and C1568. I am worried that the hybrid battery may not have a lot of life left. Or I could run into a very costly repair. We put down a down payment but are really worried about going ahead with the purchase. If anyone can help we would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,163 Likes on 991 Posts

Always get an independent inspection of any used car you are considering.
You can Google the codes to learn more, or search them on YouTube or this site. Those codes indicate potentially very expensive repairs to the battery etc. I would not buy that vehicle.
15 years is a long time for a battery.
This thread has more information regarding those codes and none of it is good for you buying this vehicle. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...and-c1241.html
You should keep looking for a different vehicle that does not possibly need a new hybrid battery or other expensive repairs.
Also post the mileage along with the year of any vehicle on which you have questions. Better to spend more up front for something newer with lower mileage that has less possibility of needing repair.

​​​​​​If you have the VIN you can go the the Lexus Drivers Site, join for free and after entering the VIN look up the dealer service history.
I do this for all used Lexus or Toyota vehicles (Toyota has a similar site).
Be warned that the site is sometimes cranky about finding service histories.
https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/account/create-account

To see the service history at Lexus Drivers do the following:
On the page that lists the car whose VIN you entered there will be a line that states
Vehicle Health Report
Learn More - click this box
Then on the next page it will state
My Service
On the right side it will state Service History
View History - click this box to see the service history
The it will slowly take you to a page you need to scroll down to see the service history
Each entry will be a line, click on the + at the side to see more about each entry

Last edited by Clutchless; Yesterday at 04:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ThreeCW (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Jnelson17
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks so much for this information

After reading more on the codes I agree this might be a purchase I will pass on. I tried joining Lexus drives and was successful. However it didn’t have any service history